Tesoro Corporation - Complaint of unsafe conditions and risk to customers.

I recently visited your American fork location which you guys are calling fast gas #8. This has station/store has no preventive measures that have been put in place to protect your customers or your employees from covid-19. I was absolutely stunned when I walked in the store and saw that you guys have not provided protection to your customers or employees she was not wearing gloves or a mask and there was also not a plexiglass protective barrier that separated your employee from the customers that she has to deal with on a daily basis. I found it very ironic when I looked around and saw that the customers inside of your store wearing masks but yet your cashier was not. When I asked the cashier why she wasn't wearing a mask she said that they didn't provide her with any kind of masks or protection I also asked about a plexiglass barrier and she seemed confused and didn't answer. This is not fair to your employee she is there to try and help your company profit and grow as a business but yet you guys seem to have taken note measures or effort to try and protect her from what is going on right now. It disgusts me that this is the way you seem to treat your employees or your lack of consideration or even concern for your employees. I think your corporation has a received enough financial aid and benefits from our federal government with financial support and aid to provide more than this. I feel sorry for that your employee. I apologize I normally do not send emails like this because I understand the importance of emails that I am required to send at work and what they represent and how they may be misinterpreted. So please accept my apology for any misunderstandings and understand that I was upset at what I witnessed when walking into your store. Please use this as a simple offer of constructive criticism to get with it and follow suit with what every other gas station is doing by placing plexiglass guards and offering your employees some protection. Please try and take this pandemic a little more serious. Also never forget these are the people that wake up early every morning and unlock your doors and these are the people that are really keeping your stores running everyday. Thank you.

User's recommendation: Please wear masks to try and help protect the employees that have to work inside of this store.

ID
#2029593 Review #2029593 is a subjective opinion of poster.
American Fork, Utah
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution