Original review updated by user Jun 05, 2021
Murn Managemnt at Liberty Mill Apartments I contacted the office by email on the 10th that I put my rent in the box at 3: 00 pm. The property manager replied by email that my checks are posted and on the ledger on March 11, 2021, for which I overpaid $23.50. "10-Day...
ID
Pros
  • Apartment
Cons
  • Management act like bullies
  • Dog feces all over the property
  • Management are unprofessional
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Murn Management - Mask Requirements

Murn Management - Mask Requirements
Update by user Feb 16, 2021

I have not heard any resolution about the leasing grace periods amended on the lease. The issue is that are many individuals who are second language person and can't comprehend the rent grace periods unless it on the lease.

According to Montgomery County law, it is a lease violation.Montgomery County licensing requirements, there are two items that you must add to every Montgomery County lease •10-Day Grace Period for Late Rents: Maryland law states that you cannot consider a rent payment late until after the 5th of the month. Montgomery County takes this requirement a step further – under county law, you must allow your tenants to pay up until the 10th of the month. You cannot start the eviction process for “failure to pay rent” until the 11th of the month. You must include language explaining the 10-day grace period in all Montgomery County leases.•2-Year Lease Option Offered: In Montgomery County, you must offer your tenants a 2-year lease option, not the standard 1-year lease.Your tenants will need to sign an agreement that you offered them a 2-year lease.

While this can pose an issue for property owners looking to rent a property for 1-year terms, this option is an important part of county property law. This is to ensure that the lease is satisfied in all state and county requirements.

Update by user Feb 16, 2021

The mask requirements are still in lack and it is not fully following CDC guidelines. I don't understand why it says resolved and it isn't which is untrue.

Update by user Jan 13, 2021

I had paid the 81 cents however he didn't check the mailbox for my check of an overpayment of $1.01. However, sent the letter by management that I must pay rent on the 1st or before the 1st which is misrepresenting the facts.

As to the misrepresentation of the COVID requirements regarding the CARES ACT.In addition to Montgomery County licensing requirements, there are two items that you must add to every Montgomery County lease •10-Day Grace Period for Late Rents: Maryland law states that you cannot consider a rent payment late until after the 5th of the month. Montgomery County takes this requirement a step further – under county law, you must allow your tenants to pay up until the 10th of the month. You cannot start the eviction process for “failure to pay rent” until the 11th of the month. You must include language explaining the 10-day grace period in all Montgomery County leases.•2-Year Lease Option Offered: In Montgomery County, you must offer your tenants a 2-year lease option, not the standard 1-year lease.

Your tenants will need to sign an agreement that you offered them a 2-year lease. You must include language explaining this option in your lease. This rule is unique to Montgomery County – no other area of Maryland offers this option. While this can pose an issue for property owners looking to rent a property for 1-year terms, this option is an important part of county property law.This is to ensure that the lease is satisfied in all state and county requirementsI am humanly very upset.

As my friends and family are dying rapidly from the COVID crises, my concern of wearing a mask imposing so much hostility and harassment against me to save their life as well of others.Including sending me threatening letters with misinformation and misrepresenting the facts constantly as we have a national crisis with COVID. The insensitive nature and disrespect, I can't believe that they spend more time in the office to harass me rather than doing the right thing with the correct information.They rather that I will be oppressed with silence; which is not effective to me as a human being. Dealt with harassing phone calls that I had to call the police to intervene.

Because of who I am negatively stigmatized. Dignity and respect is not a priority.

Update by user Jan 12, 2021

The problem is utilities Alta at Liberty Mill Apartments Murn Management add utility towards rent. They charge a $3.80 monthly process fee.

I was short in my calculation with utility fees 81 cents, however, paid my rent.

I pay a check for my rent and my utility is a separate check. Then Murn Management at Alta @Liberty Mill apartments added CDC guidelines on the letter that Cares act ended 7/25/2020 however failed to add the updated version The Cares Act bill extends the deadline from December 30, 2020, to December 31, 2021, for funds provided byCongress in the CARES Act through the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF).

Original review updated by user Jan 13, 2021
There is no honor in mask requirements as Montgomery County on Wednesday added 450 new COVID-19 cases, up from 291 on Tuesday, public health data showed. Nine people died overnight. There is no concern for other lives and there is a new strain of coronavirus awareness that is more infectious, individuals play pool without a mask drinking alcohol (unlicensed alcohol facility/office), and walk around as if there is no care for the spread of this disease. Because I write my concerns, the property manager sent me a threat eviction notice for 81 cents. Can you believe that and quoted the old Cares Act that I would face eviction for 81 cents. As he tried to embezzle money from me to pay twice for applications and other amenities that I do not suppose to pay lead to an inaccurate ledger with my rent. Even though I paid the 81 cents that he tried to maliciously harass me with a letter misrepresenting the facts. Congress Passes Extended Eviction Moratorium until January 31st. Murn Properties who manages Alta at Liberty Mill are maliciously biased, makes threatening phone calls that violate ADAA guidelines, and it's my belief unfavorable because I am a black and disabled tenant. Because I filed complaints they follow me on the property and maliciously harass me for exercising my civil rights.

User's recommendation: Take safety precautions because of ignornance of others,

Ellicott City, Maryland
Pros
  • Near shopping areas
  • Apartments are nice
Cons
  • Management act like bullies
  • Refuse to practice cdc guidelines
Preferred solution
Stop misrepresenting the facts. Cease harassment and respect CDC guidelines. Stop retaliating because I exercise my civil rights. Respect every human being with dignity and respect.

Advanced Reviewer

Murn Management - Unproffessionalism and refusing to practice COVID 19 guidelines

Update by user Jan 13, 2021

The COVID wearing the mask hasn't improved as it would save their lives as well as others. The ladies who clean the property are respectful and do a great job well.

Some maintenance staff is also respectful. MURN management I have an issue with as they use different tactics to impede my daily living. They act like bullies than Managers behind the scenes. I understand why the Vice President called my home threatening me have no respect but felt her power and authority to harass me because she looks down on certain classes therefore that attitude is displayed throughout MURN properties.

I had to get the police to cease her from calling my home with threats as she has no decorum, respect or dignity. She believed I filed a civil rights complaint I don't have any rights.

It my belief MURN properties support systematic racism in their policies and practices.MURN management tried to make me sign a confidential agreement to not speak my 1st amendment rights speaking against discrimination, I refused. I know wearing a mask it's hot but there are other ways to buy the turtle which can help breathe through the mask.

Original review updated by user Jan 13, 2021
I reside at Liberty Mill Apartments there has been issues as I reside there as a resident. I am going to start with some complaints as there are many. I usually don't enter the office to conduct any business due to COVID 19 practices. I went to the office because my phone had a sudden blue screen, and I could not answer phone calls. I wanted to use the office hoping that I could call to get a phone replacement. I enter the office I heard loud talking and laughing between a maintenance man and Manager Jean, who was not wearing a mask. I was disappointed to witness such acts of unprofessionalism of loud shouting noises and laughing as there were no customers in the office. The COVID 19 virus is airborne; they were laughing and talking without a mask as there is no ventilation which makes it worst. As to CDC guidelines regarding social distancing practices, the office was not in COVID 19 compliance but they have a notice on the door you must wear a mask. Then I saw a tenant in sitting in the back without a mask, too. I asked could I use the phone, the Assistant Manager Jean told me due to COVID 19 as he had his mask off, that I could not use the phone. I find it hypercritical that the office has a sign that a mask is required, and the employees don't wear one. I also find him to be unethical as he thinks would make the call for me, but why should I expect the manager who doesn't respect the lives of others and talks without a mask refusing to follow their own CDC guidelines to treat me with any decency and respect. I took a risk to walk into the office as I was the only one wearing a mask. After I left the office, I had to wash my clothes, disinfect, and took another bath after entering the office. I do not expect any professionalism from the low -grade MURN management team at Liberty Mill Apartments. The management team doesn't practice CDC guidelines, respect themselves or tenants- (MURN Management properties are a low rated management company. The company practice unlawful discrimination and retaliation.
Ellicott City, Maryland
Pros
  • Some regular staff are respectful
  • Apartment
  • Apartments are nice
Cons
  • Dog feces all over the property
  • Differential treatment by management
  • Management are unprofessional
Upgrade management staff

Fingerhut sells defective products

Fingerhut sells defective products
Dissatisfied with my credit purchases; defective products want my funds to be returned. According to Finger huts terms, I have a right to contact them in writing if I am dissatisfied with my credit purchases. Finger hut is misleading their products and warranties; their products are defective, and they charge a lot of money. I believe they are unethical in their advertising and misleading to buy defective products. I ordered ORD009134**** 7/18/2018 HP Slimline 4GB Windows 10 Desktop Glossy Black, 270-A010 The computers tape did not work, and I tried to get it fixed and I could not as I had a 2-year service plan. The computer was defective less than 6 months after purchase. ORD009868**** 10/02/2019 Navajo Women's 7-Pc. Leather-Look CZ Watch The watches do not work and defective. Cannot set the time or the watches just don't work. This happens less than 3 months after purchase. Then I ordered an I brought a Samsung Galaxy A20S phone on 2/17/2020 and it is defective! As I call Asurian they told me they do not cover it and I can get a refund for a $29.99 2-year service plan from Fingerhut as per Patrick the Supervisor. I have a copy of the chat. I spent a total of $325.00 in taxes, shipping, and a 2-year service plan. The model number is SM A207MZRBTPA Then I find out from the manufacturer that the repair cost will be between $80 to $500 because the phone is from the Caribbean and I would have to pay for the parts because the phone is from international !!!! Finger hut failed to tell me as a customer!!! The repair center will not waive the cost. Unless Fingerhut will exchange the device for a US phone manufactured phone! I am not happy to pay for a defective phone for $264.00 and then must pay for parts up to $500.00 and the warranty isn't covered on international phones. Fingerhut never informs me or advertises that the phone is international!!! I am very much dissatisfied with my purchases and I should not have to pay the remaining balance due to these product issues. I requested that my account be closed by Fingerhut and do not send me any catalogs because I will not purchase from them in the future. I should receive my funds return due to defective products from Fingerhut.

User's recommendation: Do not buy these products from Fingerhut.

ID
Pros
  • Its great in the beginning great when your on a budget
  • I have used them in the past
Cons
  • Very poor customer service
  • Over charging
Even exchanged

PayPal - They charged interest rates and late charges on purpose
I notice I started receiving emails that my account is suspended by PayPal. When I try to pay them for the month it would indicate 0 amount due and then they would not send any monthly statements. All of a sudden they would charge increased interest rates and late charges on purpose to enrich themselves! I caught on the month of October 2020. I filed a complaint. Don't waste your time with the Better Business Bureau, they don't help at all. File a complaint with FDIC or Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. Keep records, that is what I did.

User's recommendation: File complaint with Paypal and then with Consumer Affairs, FDIC or CFPB.

Product
Paypal Account
Pros
  • Pay to vendors
Cons
  • Disappointing customer service and lack of communication
  • Suspend account to increase interest and late charges
  • Lack of care
Full refund

Capital One 360 - Capital One Bank dishonest policies and practices
Your Mechanic is a mobile service and install new brake pads on top of a warped rotor. Their mechanics are incompetent scammers. If you put new brake pads are put onto a vehicle with damaged rotors, the pad will not properly contact the rotor surface which will reduce...
ID
Cons
  • System is bad
  • Polices and practices are dishonest
  • Horrible poor inconvenient on-line dispute process
Preferred solution
Money/funds return and out of their bank

Update by user Sep 06, 2020

Mr. Steve McFarland, Better Business Bureau of San Jose reach out to me by email stating that Your Mechanic will refund me $158.77 however I have not heard from him.Better Business Bureau has no integrity however remains to give Your Mechanic high ratings scamming customers.

Your Mechanic has thousands of complaints against them scamming customers of poor mobile mechanic services.Your Mechanic feels powerful to scam and steal $158.77 from me installing new brake pads on a warped rotor. They provide incompetent brake services and don't have the tools or the shop to conduct such jobs. Your Mechanic should change light bulbs or headlights for cars which another mechanic was done for me - something easy and small.But because Your Mechanic has poor customer service and scam me by not honoring their warranty, I would advised customers not to rely on their services at all.

Pay more money with less headache and go to your local mechanic shop where they have the tools to do the job. Your Mechanic has no integrity and morals; they are scammers and corrupt.

Original review posted by user Aug 07, 2020
Better Business Bureau in San Jose The President sent me an email stating that Your Mechanic is going to return my funds $158.77. Then he sent me a copy of Your Mechanic email stating that they were going to do return it. However, I have not received anything. As BBB investigation report states BBB is not a government organization it is a business organization with paying members like Your Mechanic. Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been under investigation about their ratings according to the CNN Money investigation report. BBB is giving both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic A+ ratings for membership fees. Both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic has a lot of negative reviews and complaints covered by BBB. However, a report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior. The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles "summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. “Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year. Capital one bank is protecting Your Mechanic reputation to scam a customer for $158.77. BBB has been investigated regarding their rating system with businesses that scam customers. BBB doesn't resolve complaints and make it seem in favor of their duly paid members even if the business is corrupted. There is no accountability.

User's recommendation: DO NOT TRUST BBB.

Better Business Bureau Customer Care
Pros
  • Connect to a business
Cons
  • Cant force a company to comply
  • No resolution
  • Favor their duly paid members
Preferred solution
Accountability why BBB lie to me

Update by user Jul 17, 2020

I am sharing my experience on every social media site. Making people aware of how Capital one bank would take advantage of the protected class for special interest.

Making citizens aware that Capital one bank is a member of Better Business Bureau, an agency that is not a government agency however a business organization. Better Business Bureau give their members ratings based on paid memberships.

I discovered that the Merchant, Your Mechanic is a member of the Better Business Bureau, too. Therefore, I experience corruptive behavior from my bank Capital One Bank because they decided to protect special interest vs doing what is right by their customers.

Original review posted by user Jul 16, 2020
I filed a dispute on 4/21/2020 against a company called Your Mechanic with Capital One Bank - card dispute department for $158.77. Your Mechanic installs front brakes on a warped rotor. My car was squealing with loud noises, smell burning, and unsafe brakes. Capital One kept demanding me to go to another mechanic to receive my refunds of $158.77. I gave Capital One the inspection report from Pep Boys as requested; it disclosed that my car brakes were making noise, driving unsafe, and burning smell due to Your Mechanic put new front brakes on a warped rotor. Capital One dispute process became deceitful with their practices. They began to be dishonest as they vigorously change the rules, they decided with Your Mechanic for the funds of $158.77. I had shared with Capital One dispute department information from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Your Mechanic disclosed as I filed a complaint with BBB. Your mechanic was fabricating and informing Capital One Bank- dispute department a different story and telling BBB another story. I decided to disclose such information to Capital One Bank- card dispute department between BBB and Your Mechanic. Your Mechanic also wrote to BBB that they couldn't make any adjustments to their policies on return or honor the warranty because I had filed a complaint with Capital One Bank. BBB closed my case as if Your Mechanic was acting in good faith. On the other hand, Your Mechanic sends Capital One Bank lies and false evidence trying to prevent me from receiving my refunds of $158.77 as Your mechanic installs new front brakes on a warped front rotor. Then Your mechanic sends a fraudulent inspection report (after I gave Capital one the inspection report requested from Pep Boys). Your Mechanic report does indicate a warped rotor. Your mechanic inspection report was never given to me and this is the 1st time I ever have seen such a report from Your Mechanic. Your Mechanic inspection report has fraudulent information about my car which I can prove. Then I received a phone call and an email from BBB President who wants me to ensure the return of a refund of $158.77. However, the next day, my bank Capital one card services close my dispute siding with Your Mechanic stating that their false evidence was not in error. Capital one told me to go back to the Merchant, Your Mechanic for a refund. You will imagine that my bank supposes to advocate for me as they have all my funds in their bank as I have credit cards under Capital One Bank, too. In addition, sent me a letter to apply for a car loan. I have conducted an extra investigation and discovered later Capital one is a member of the Better Business Bureau and Your Mechanic is also a member of the Better Business Bureau. This is a conspiracy. Therefore Capital one must have known that Your Mechanic was communicating with BBB. Capital one favored Your Mechanic regarding my dispute because they both are members with BBB, that is corruption. As you are aware to be a BBB member you have to pay membership dues and to get good ratings. Therefore Capital one is for special interest and not for the interest on the behalf of their customers. The email BBB President sent me Your Mechanic is stating that they want to return my funds however telling Capital One Bank not to return my funds of $158.77. Capital One Bank supposes to be fighting for me, my funds, and protecting me from scammers, however, Capital One Bank is dishonest and deceitful in their practices. Capital One Bank needs to be investigated and should not be for special interest. It is a conflict of interest to be in an business organization like Better Business Bureau and to protect members like Your Mechanic who scams innocent citizens. It is fraudulent behavior because Capital One is serving their self-interest and it all about membership with BBB and not about the customers. This is unacceptable and unAmerican. Protected class customers beware, too.

User's recommendation: Beware with Capital One Bank.

#1914338

What I also discovered about Capital one bank as I am a customer on August 17, 2020, they have a class-action lawsuit against which I am apart. Capital, one breached its contract with accountholders and improperly assessed and collected fees when accountholders used a non-Capital One ATM to check an account balance.

United States District Court for the Southern District of California, located at 333 West Broadway, Suite 420, San Diego, CA 92101. This is the kind of bank I dealt with to resolve my claims with Your Mechanic, a scam mobile mechanic?

Too much corruption with banks and businesses in America. Consumers beware!

Regarding Better Business Bureau, A 2015 investigative report from CNNMoney found more than 100 businesses that were not as credible as their BBB ratings of A- or higher made them seem. In fact, many of them were being investigated by the government for fraudulent or other illegal behavior at the time of the reporting.

The report suggests accredited members of the BBB are at a significant advantage, even if their businesses aren't trusted by their customer base. Additionally, the rating system seems to be "seriously flawed." The CNNMoney report found that members of the BBB were able to close complaints with "generic letters and responses that consumers say clearly don't address their problem." However, nonmembers — especially small businesses — with decent grades were sometimes left with drastic drops in their ratings after complaints went unnoticed. Even more telling, the report found that official complaints filed with the BBB had little to no effect on an accredited company's grade. Businesses wanting to display that blue torch on their websites and marketing materials must pay an annual fee.

Small businesses with up to 100 employees generally have to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,500 per year; larger companies could pay upwards of $10,000 annually. BBB is not a government agency and unable to force a company to take action. This stems from an erroneous perception that the BBB is a government agency.

BBB is a fake and an urban legend. It is privately owned and operated relying on funds from "member business" (paying subscribers) who then receive "high rating" "accredited" status, positive "reviews", etc.

They have no legal authority and exist for their own furtherance. (the definition of 'corrupt'). They're not the Commerce Police or the Protectorate of the People.

If you have a gripe, they will take a report. That ends their authority.

View more comments (2)
ID
#2060082 Review #2060082 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Deposit your check and pay monthly bill electronically
Cons
  • Dishonest in their practices and polices
  • Do not disclose their policies
I filed with CFPB and OFFICE of Currency

Update by user Aug 20, 2020

Well, your mechanic never gave the Better Business Bureau President McFarland as promised the return of the refund $158.77 for the installation of the brake pads and I didn't expect them too. BBB of San Jose should give Your Mechanic a D + rating if not that means they are in the scam with them.

Your Mechanic is a mobile scam artist and customers please don't trust them. They have no integrity or morals, especially they have to steal money from a disabled person from a fixed income. You don't put new brake pads on a warped rotor because problems will exist. If new brake pads are put onto a vehicle with damaged rotors, the pad will not properly contact the rotor surface which will reduce the vehicle's stopping ability.

Deep grooves that have developed in a worn rotor will act as a hole-puncher or shredder and damage the pad material as it is pressed against the rotor.Your mechanic won't have the materials like the mechanic shops who have the machine that could shave down brake pads. You have to shave down the new brake pads before you install them. And some rotors can be resurfaced but Your Mechanic is a mobile mechanic and doesn't have a shop to resurfaced the rotors.However, brake rotors must meet a certain thickness requirement to be considered safe. If they are thinner than the manufacturer's recommended thickness, then you need to replace your brake rotors immediately.

Some vehicles always require new pads and rotors because the rotors cannot be resurfaced.I didn't have that choice because I was scammed by the Mechanic and Your Mechanic refuse to honor the warranty.As far a Capital one bank, I received a letter 8/17/2020 from the Administrator that I am part of a class-action lawsuit settlement against Capital one bank breached its contract with accountholders and improperly assessed and collected fees when accountholdersused a non-Capital One ATM to check an account balance.

When you are out there scamming the American people you will be ousted. Your Mechanic will be exposed soon.

Update by user Aug 11, 2020

The BBB President sent me a letter that my funds would be returned but lied. They sent me a copy from Your Mechanic who would return funds of 157.77.

BBB supports duly paid membership like Your Mechanic who scams customers. BBB was investigated that they give A ratings to companies who scam Your mechanic.

Original review posted by user Jul 12, 2020
I discovered that Better Business Bureau has been serving consumers since 1912, but the rating system has been called 'seriously flawed.' the BBB is merely facilitating communication between themselves and a company or that to learn that the BBB was unable to force a company to take action. This stems from an erroneous perception that the BBB is a government agency. It is not. It is, in fact, a business membership organization with chapters spread across the country BBB is primarily a business membership organization, not a government agency. A company has an A rating with the BBB, that doesn't mean the company is trustworthy, it simply means has upheld its obligation to BBB and followed membership rules. BBB may offer consumers a way to communicate with a business and voice their concerns but unable to force a business to do anything. And just because a business is responding to you through the BBB does not necessarily mean that you'll get anywhere. Businesses wanting to display that blue torch on their BBB websites and marketing materials must pay an annual fee. Small businesses with up to 100 employees generally have to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,500 per year; larger companies could pay upwards of $10,000 annually. I filed a complaint to BBB of Los Angeles and Silicon Valley against a company name Your Mechanic. Your mechanic provides mechanic mobile services. I scheduled the installation of brake pads for my back breaks for $158.77. Your mechanic sent out a mechanic Hugo, and he supposes to have 21 years of experience. He installs brake pads on top of the wrapped rotor which causes my car to make noise and a burning smell. I called Your mechanic to report Hugo and the installation brakes issue. I inform them about the issues about my car such as loud noises and the smell of smoke. I had a warranty and Your mechanic refuse to honor their own warranty. I filed a complaint through BBB March 2020, and it is still unresolved, they closed my case after I had my car inspected by another mechanic. BBB wanted to protect the poor reputation that Your mechanic has with customers. It was a waste of time to go through the BBB process, they favor their members such as Your mechanic who pays them a fee. Beware of Better Business Bureau, customers should be cautioned that the Better Business Bureau can in no way obligate a business to do anything. While a consumer sits around hoping for a response from a company, a response that might never come, that consumer could have already contacted the States Attorney General's Office or began legal proceedings.

User's recommendation: Do not waste your time. Go to you State Attorney's office.

ID
#2050981 Review #2050981 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Better Business Bureau Review Listing
Pros
  • You can communicate with a company
Cons
  • Business ethic leaves a lot to be desired
  • Are running a scam

Update by user Aug 09, 2020

The Better Business Bureau of San Jose Steve McFarland fabricated about the refund of $158.77 (see attached email). He said he contacted Your Mechanic and Your Mechanic would return the refund.I want the public to know that the Better Business Bureau is dishonest with its members such as Your Mechanic who pays dues to them.

A business has to profit to be deceitful and dishonest against customers who have no integrity.Better Business Bureau is not a government organization but a business organization and loyal to its members not to the consumers. Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been under investigation about their ratings according to CNN Money investigation report. BBB is giving both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic A+ ratings for membership fees. Both Capital one bank and Your Mechanic has a lot of negative reviews and complaints covered by BBB.

However, a report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior.The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles "summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. “Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year.

Your Mechanic scam a customer for $158.77. BBB has been investigated regarding their rating system with businesses that scam customers.Consumers don't waste your time filing complaint against a business with Better Business Bureau goes to government organizations such as the Federal Trade Commission, consumer affairs, etc.

Update by user Jul 18, 2020

I received a call and email from the BBB President from San Jose stating that Your Mechanic is refunding my dispute back to me. Why I take issue with this solution.1) BBB close my case in June 2020 and July 2020 later decide to send me an email and call me the following month to inform me that Your Mechanic who scams me is going to refund my dispute pf $158.77.

What is the BBB motive?2) Your Mechanic is presently fighting my bank to stop my dispute as BBB is aware. So if Your Mechanic is returning my refund why fight against my dispute with my bank?3) Why Your Mechanic sent Capital One Bank fraudulent inspection reports? Why would Your Mechanic make me wait 6 months for a refund?4) Your Mechanic and Capital One are both members of the Better Business Bureau conflicts of interest and co conspiracy of scams.5) Why Your Mechanic can't admit that a mechanic put new brake pads on top of a warped rotor isn't going to make brakes work properly and that is incompetent work.

6) If Your Mechanic is this multi-million dollar company why would they withhold a refund of $158.77 from a disabled person on a fixed income?7) Why would Better Business Bureau give Your Mechanic a high rating treating American consumers especially the protected class this way?8) Better Business Bureau is for the members who pay an annual membership they are not for the consumers. They give high ratings to scam businesses who are corrupt and conduct deceptive practices.

Update by user Jul 14, 2020

Better Business Bureau of San Jose is helping their member Your Mechanic to be dishonest with customers. Better Business Bureau doesn't resolve the issues between the customers and the business, it is not a government organization however a business organization.

Better Business Bureau of San Jose receives a fee from their member Your Mechanic and don't hold them accountable if they scam a customer. As their member Your Mechanic is reporting to my bank one lie and informing Better Business Bureau another lie- Your Mechanic is getting away scamming customers.Better Business Bureau of San Jose has a Judge to close my case. As you can review my evidence, Better Business Bureau states a Judge close my case, they can be unlawful too.

Especially when it comes to social unrest in America, the justice system is unfair with certain classes of people.Better Business Bureau also states that they will not publish my true comments to protect Your Mechanic- their paying members' privacy rights! Better Business Bureau is not about the truth, it is all a lie!

Update by user Jul 13, 2020

Your Mechanic is stating one thing to Capital one bank and stating another with Better Business Bureau, being dishonest.On Better Business Bureau Website Case #768440 on 5/7/2020 Your Mechanic made a statement that my claim was on file and to contact them to make an appointment for diagnostic. I called and sent an email to Your Mechanic who refused to come out or respond (see attached) to the emails dated 5/8/2020, 5/9/2020, and 5/19/2020.On 6/14/2020 Better Business Bureau website CASE#: 768440 Your mechanic admitted to them that they had to restrict their policies.

Your mechanic states that they are abiding by the consumer's financial bank claim for a refund of $158.77(see attached). Therefore, your mechanic has forbidden the diagnostic request due to my filing a claim with my bank on 4/21/2020. On 6/14/2020 Your mechanic statement: “We appreciate the consumer's continued correspondence and patience. Upon review of the consumer's account, the consumer has filed a dispute with their financial institution.

When a dispute is filed, our policy is to deflect to the decision of the financial institution, given that they review the evidence provided from the consumer and our dispute resolution team. Moreover, when a dispute is opened on behalf of a consumer, we are unable to make adjustments or refunds while the dispute is reviewed; the ultimate decision will be made by the consumer's financial institution on whether the assessed charges are valid. We will continue to work with the consumer's bank (See attached) Your mechanic refuse diagnostic, warranty, and/ or a refund on 6/14/2020 on the Better Business Bureau website.On Better Business Bureau case 768440 website on 7/4/2020 Your mechanic made such statement: that they have a policy to a consumer, on multiple occasions, and we respectfully reiterate that, upon review of the consumer's account, the consumer has filed a dispute with their financial institution. When a dispute is filed, our policy is to deflect to the decision of the financial institution, given that they review the evidence provided by the consumer and our dispute resolution team.

Moreover, when a dispute is opened on behalf of a consumer, we are unable to make adjustments or refunds while the dispute is reviewed; the ultimate decision will be made by the consumer's financial institution on whether the assessed charges are valid. The appropriate colleague(s) will continue to work with the consumer's bank. It is important to note that this is a policy that is applicable to all consumers and is not personal. In fact, we have no ability to override the lock on consumer funds once a dispute is opened.

(See attached)Your mechanic refuses diagnostic, warranty, and/ or a refund on 7/7/2020 on the Better Business Bureau website.

However, fail to tell the Capital one Bank the truth.I sent several warranty claims on April 15, 2020, May 8, 2020, and May 18, 2020, and Your Mechanic refused to answer my emails. It states on Your mechanic's website to make warranty claims you can send an email to warranty@***.com however they refuse to respond.

Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2020
Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles is a dishonest business organization. Most people believe that BBB can help solve your problems but that isn't true. I filed a complaint with the Department of Justice and the federal trade commission. I had spoken with other customers who have been scammed by BBB, and we are creating a petition regarding the misleading of A+ ratings while companies scamming customers. I contacted BBB because a company called Your mechanic refuses to honor the warranty. Your mechanic tried to scam me out of $158.77 and tried to con my bank too. I got my car inspected by Pep Boys who found many discrepancies that this company Your Mechanic negligence damaged my car. Pep Boys report was disclosed, BBB closed the case to protect the company name Your mechanic. It is my belief that BBB is a part of a scam with bad companies. AN A+ RATING DOESN'T REALLY MEAN A BUSINESS IS TRUSTWORTHY Sometimes you can see that a company has an A" rating with the BBB, and these scores are often tossed around in advertisements, but that doesn't mean the company is trustworthy. It simply means that the company has upheld its obligation to the BBB and followed its membership rules. Ratings come from a variety of factors from time in business to the number of complaints received, both answered and unanswered. Business is responding to you through the BBB doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get anywhere. Do not expect a resolution! A 2015 report found that some businesses with high BBB ratings were being investigated for fraud or other illegal behavior. The BBB uses its own accreditation standards, which are built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. Being a BBB-accredited business can cost companies more than $10,000 a year. Businesses wanting to display that blue torch on their websites and marketing materials must pay an annual fee. Small businesses with up to 100 employees generally have to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,500 per year; larger companies could pay upwards of $10,000 annually. The erroneous perception that BBB is a government agency. It is not. It is, in fact, a business membership organization with chapters spread across the country.BBB is dishonest and misleading !!! We need to get rid of the BBB period...

User's recommendation: Do not deal with Better Business Bureau it is misleading and complaints remain unresolved.

ID
#2047277 Review #2047277 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Better Business Bureau Review Listing
Pros
  • You can communicate with a company
Cons
  • No resolution
Preferred solution
I had to pay for back brakes $593.00 and pain and suffering without a car 1,000 and a refund 158.77