Resolved: Local Lighthouse - Smam Artists! Stay Away!!!

I own a small event planning business and received a call from Mac Nguyen from Local Lighthouse. I had been thinking about how to boost my ranks so I spoke with him. He and I got onto Google and we started discussing some other local planners who showed up high in the rankings on the first page. He told me that within 90 days, my business name would be above their names. I believed him. I told him I loved my website and I didn't want it to change and he said it wouldn't. So I signed up with them at $99/month. Shortly thereafter, I realized that Mac was not truthful with me, and I was, indeed, getting a new website. They then sent me the most generic website that I would be mortified for any potential clients/brides to see. I had numerous discussions with them and explained that I felt mislead and although they did try to make changes to the new website, it was still awful. Even then, I stuck with it for over 90 days - just to see where it would be ranked. About 95 days into it, I still could not find the new website anywhere in the rankings. When I called to cancel, I spoke with Robert, who refused to cancel my account unless I paid my remaining, contracted 2 months in full. He said that I could be found on Yahoo and Bing IF you also enter my zip code into the search engine. Who searches like that? I still haven't found myself anywhere. And of course, I'm still not on the first page of Google like I was promised by Mac. But even if I was, nobody would find me anyway because they would have to enter my zip code to find me. And at this point, I don't want to be found anyway because that website is so embarrassing. Robert said he was a manager and basically, there was nothing I could do. It was like he was reading from a script. I was definitely naïve for not doing my homework on this company but I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did. Steer clear of the company! They will mislead you just do get your money. By far, they are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with in my life.

Total scam business. There sites look like they where designed by a freshman high school class.

Total joke!! No attempt to correct tbe site. Once i expressed my dissatisfaction all they were concerned with was getting the rest of there money!

Stay away if you want a professional website! !

Please call me at 832-643-**** I would like to talk to you. I am thinking of signing up for Local Lighthouse services.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
ID
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Cons
  • Mislead and lie
Reason of review