Eds Midview Service - Trouble with Ed's Midview Service Grafton Ohio.

Update by user May 14, 2015

I had an alternator installed at Ed's Midview Service on SR 82 in Grafton. The work was started a day or two late.

In the meantime, my recently painted car sat in Ed's poorly lit parking lot. When my alternator was finally installed, Ed called me and invited me to pick the car up after hours. When I arrived, I immediately noticed that my car was backed into the same space where I parked it two or three days earlier. A dark colored truck or SUV was parked in the space to the driver's side with very little room in between.

Because of the position of the car, poor lighting, and the close proximity of the truck or SUV, I didn't get a good look at the driver's side of my car until after I pulled into my destination just up the road.

The repair charge was another $60. The problem was with the main wire for the alternator that Ed had installed. It had fallen off or broken off. It had never fallen off before Ed laid his hands on it and it hasn't fallen off since.

I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The details will be posted on their website in a few weeks unless Ed grows a moral spine, honors a reasonable portion of his own warranty and pays for the body damage to my car, which by the way was in near mint condition until it was severely dented at Ed's Midview Service. In the meantime, I am going to post this warning all over the web.

I have already challenged Ed in writing to a polygraph (lie detector) test. Loser pays the bill. He initially pretended to accept my challenge but then backed out immediately when I called him to make the necessary arrangements.

He will never accept my polygraph challenge because he knows that I will pass and he will fail. Beware of work delays, poorly lit parking lots, and mechanics who refuse to accept any responsibility when they screw up. Beware of Ed's Midview Service. By the way, I know of two other people so far that have had problems with Ed's Midview Service.

Their problems weren't as bad as mine but they were significant.

One involved long delays. The other involved brake work that made no difference.

Update by user May 08, 2015

Jim Dodge First, I got my recently painted car back a day late with a big dent in the door. Two days later, the main wire for the alternator that Ed installed fell off leaving me stranded 25 miles from home on a winter day.

I had to pay $130 for the tow and another $60 for the wire repair. It had to be reconnected to the alternator that Ed installed. The last person to lay his hands on that wire was Ed. The connection to the alternator that Ed installed failed after just two days.

Ed denied all responsibility and never honored any warranty.

Ed might be a nice guy but he has absolutely no concept of personal responsibility. I will teach him that concept by protesting near his shop at least two days each week for as long as it takes.

Update by user May 07, 2015

So far, I have spent three hours protesting in front of Ed's Midview Service. I have already received a dozen or so beeps of support from passers by, a few positive comments and a business card from another mechanic willing to take my business and guarantee his work.

I will be back to protest further bright and early tommorow morning.

Original review posted by user May 06, 2015
I had an alternator installed at Ed's Midview Service on SR 82 in Grafton. The work was started a day or two later than I was told it would be. In the meantime, my car sat in Ed's poorly lit parking lot. The delay wasn't much of an issue because as I told Ed when I came back into town to pick my car up, I was planning to stay the night at my parent's home close by. Under the circumstances, another day didn't really make any difference. Ed told me that my car would be done the following day. When my alternator was finally installed, Ed called me and invited me to pick the car up after hours. When I arrived, I immediately noticed that my car was backed into the same space where I parked it two or three days earlier. A dark colored truck or SUV was parked in the space to the left with very little room in between. Because of the position of the car, poor lighting, and the close proximity of the truck or SUV, I didn't get a good look at the driver's side of my car until after I pulled back into my parent's driveway just up the road. When I got out, I immediately noticed a large dent in the rear door on the driver's side. I left several messages for Ed that evening and spoke with him the following morning. When I mentioned the damage, he said that it was already there when I dropped it off and that he had two witnesses to prove it. THAT WAS A LIE. When I dropped my car off several days earlier, there was no one there but Ed. So his claim to have witnesses could not have been true. Still, he refused to accept any responsibility for the damage. About 48 hours after picking my car up, it broke down leaving me stranded about 25 miles from home. The cost to have it towed was $130. The repair charge was another $60. The problem was with the main wire for the alternator that Ed had installed. It had fallen off or broken off. Although I can't say with absolute certainty that Ed was responsible for the bad wire connection at the alternator, I strongly suspect it. It had never fallen off before Ed laid his hands on it and it hasn't fallen off since. All together, I am out an additional $350 for the damage to the rear door, $130 for the tow, and $60 for the second repair to the alternator. Like I said, I can't say with absolute certainty that Ed screwed up the first repair but I'm pretty sure that he did. The damage to the rear door did happen when the car was in his care. Beware of work delays, poorly lit parking lots, and mechanics who refuse to accept any responsibility when they screw up. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. In the meantime, I am going to post this warning all over the web.

I've never had a problem at eds midview. I've been going there for over 10 years great service

@Anonymous

Then tell Ed to accept my polygraph challenge. I say the damage to the door happened at his shop.

He claims that it was already there. Only one of us is telling the truth. I'm ready and willing to take a polygraph (lie detector) test. Ed pretended to accept my challenge but then backed out when I called him to make the arrangements.

Tell that coward to accept my polygraph challenge.

One of us will pass and one of us will fail. Loser pays the bill.

In the meantime, I'll be protesting right there in front of his shop at least two days each week for as long as it takes.

View more comments (1)