Verified Reviewer

Lakeshore RV - Terrible Warranty service.

Update by user Jul 15, 2020

The factory in Elkhart Ind, picked up the trailer from Lakeshore RV to fix the exterior bubbling. They called me to say it was done and ready to pick up.

I went to get the trailer and upon inspection with the factory reps, it was noted that Lakeshore did a terrible and incomplete job on their part. The cabinet door the glass fell out of was not even put back in the trailer. On the outside they just put more screws in the midband that was bulging on both sides without even removing the silicone I put on it to keep water out. They were even shocked by this poor performance.

I was ticked that they didnt e en check these things out before calling me. The good in my refrigerator and freezer was rotten from 3 weeks of no power and smelled horrible. So we threw away everything in there, which still smells. I had to get a motel for another night, while they made it right.

The factory finally made it right, although the fridge still stinks and I had to pay for another night at a motel. I'm still angry.

Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2020
Purchased a 5th wheel from Lakeshore RV. Brought it into them on June 1st for Warranty work, because I was headed that way and was told same day service. I am full timing in the rig so that was to my advantage. I was told when I got there that they needed approval. Forest River did not want to pay the estimate for the fiberglass work to be subbed out which was part of the work. I finally got a three way with the Forest River Rep On the 11th. He said that the first 3 lines were already approved on the 4th. Lakeshore hadn't done nothing. I'm halfway across the country from my home. Their service manager said he would put it in right away. Forest River is supposed to pick up the rig when they are done and take it to their factory in Elkhart Indiana and I'm supposed to pick it up from there. I just called today to Lakeshore on the 15th. They still haven't done a bit of authorized work. My summer is pretty much ruined. This is costing me money. What to do? I'm pissed!

User's recommendation: Don't buy Forest River. Especially from Lakeshore RV.

ID
#1990065 Review #1990065 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Forest River Rv
Cons
  • Customer service on warranty work
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered