TV won't turn on

Element Electronics #1088095
Pull the plug from the wall. Wait a couple of minutes. Then plug it in and see if has reset. If not, contact Element(good luck on that) and see what they say. However, be aware that Element is an unreliable, tho cheap to buy brand. Stay away from Element, Vizio and the other unknown brands WalMart and other stores sell. They are unreliable and cheaply made, with next to no customer service. Always buy a name brand like Panasonic, RCA, etc. Costs a bit more, but at least it won't stop working in a short period of time. But, try the reset procedure.

Element Electronics - Tv Review from Taylor, Texas

Element Electronics #1088093
Element tellys are junk. Stores like WalMart sell this brand in addition to other unreliable brands like Vizio. Best to always buy a major brand like RCA, Panasonic, Sony etc. Now you know why it was so cheap to buy.
1 reply
funny you mentioned RCA. RCA makes and sells tvs that are tuned such that nobody can hear the output. I have a 36" RCA, 18" away from my bed and still can not hear it. I've had other RCA products, exactly the same problem. I thought I was going deaf! Nope, it's just RCA evidently no longer has any integrety about the products they sell. so much for well known brands
comment to review:

Risezone scam for apple desktop

Risezone #1088092
I assume you did a web search for something like "apple problems" or "apple computer", etc. and clicked on one of the first results shown on the page. A tip to remember: always look at the web address below the title of the results. In this case, the proper address is "apple.com." This happens all the time. Companies pay search companies to be put at the top of results listings in the hope that people will simply click on the first one. At least you didn't fall for the scam, tho now your phone number has probably been sold to who knows what other companies who will now call you for various things. Good luck.
comment to review:

Troopers aren't what they used to be

Fight the ticket. You will probably lose, but perhaps you can cause the copper to attend the hearing on his day off.

ILLEGAL BILLING AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICES

Hulu #1087888
Sounds like you didn't correctly answer the question as to whether or not you wanted the additional week. As for Hulu, why would anyone pay to watch commercials?

Suave - Shampoo Review from Plato Center, Illinois

Suave #1087885
Take a look at the active ingredient(s) in the Suave shampoo and write it down so you can avoid any shampoo containing that particular ingredients. The most common ingredient for people to have a negative reaction to like hair loss is the ingredient selenium sulfide, an anti-dandruff, anti-Seborrheic found in many "intensive" treatment shampoos. It is not found in everyday shampoos. Actually, the best shampoo to use is baby shampoo as it is gentle and kind to your hair and scalp. Your hair should grow back, by the way. Give it time and don't wash your hair everyday unless you work as a coal miner or such.

CVS now requiring ID for OTC

CVS Pharmacy #1087881
FYI: you can buy mucus meds at most dollar stores. As for CVS requiring ID for OTC items, I agree---shop elsewhere.
1 1
1 reply
Mucinex DM comes in tablet and liquid. Liquid form does require you to be over 18 to by them. It is called "syrup" in street slang. or Dexing or Robo-dosing. If consumed in large amounts kids can experience a high.

Textbook Rental Scam

Barnes And Noble #1087316
When you received the book damaged, you needed to tell them immediately. Apparently, you didn't. Thus, they assumed all was well with your order and the book. When you returned it in a damaged state they (correctly)assumed you had damaged it. Thus, the charge. Quite apporpriate. You snooze, you lose. Don't blame Barnes & Noble for your lassitude.
1 reply
That's not an excuse. They shouldn't send damaged textbooks to students in the first place if they are going to charge us after the rental period. They knew exactly what they were doing when they sent the damaged textbook. Obviously I regret not having taken pictures when I received the textbook, but it's not fair to charge poor students the full price for something that is still very much usable.

Client Care Experts - Technical Support Review from Columbus, Ohio

Client Care Experts #1087314
If you gave the guy your credit card number then a dispute should take care of it. If you gave a debit card, well then good luck. May I suggest you start using Firefox browser instead of IE if that is what you use. Using FF with adblock, Blur, etc. add-ons stops most popups. Why anyone would click on a pop-up is beyond me, but this is how we learn. Good luck.

MPerk scam, coupon joke!

Meijer #1086974
Meijer has been doing some very strange things the past couple of years, eg., pharmacy changes for the worse; no longer any day old bakery items for sale; lack of grocery clearance items as in the past; and inadequate stocking in many departments, but especially in the meat department. However, altho their MPerks has some glitches and can be finicky it has worked well for my family. I used the $5 off coupon today and it worked just fine. Perhaps you didn't really clip the coupon but thought you had. The customer service people can tell you if you clipped it if you don't have a smart phone to access your MPerks account while in the store. Overall, Meijer has lost alot of our grocery business if you shop their weekly sales and use the MPerks you can do better than at Kroger or WalMart. We have gravitated to Kroger and WalMart more so now that Meijer has made changes to their grocery department but for general merchandise Meijer is still good, especially if you take advantage of the 15% off special days.

Not so Happy Holiday customer service

Tractor Supply #1086972
No, the employee wasn't suspicious of you being a thief. He saw you open a sealed package and they really don't like shoppers doing that. However, I do it all the time. Like you, if I need to verify the contents for whatever reason, then either make a package easy to open or expect people to look inside if need be---I don't need to buy a pig in a poke. I want to SEE what I am buying. Don't blame me, blame the fools who designed the packaging. When you open a package the store has to re-seal it and most people won't buy an obviously re-sealed package unless they either re-open it or it is marked way down in price. You would think stores would demand better packaging, but the mark-up on general merchandise is so high they can afford to absorb the loss from opened merchandise. I used to like TSC buy found I could buy most everything I needed more cheaply elsewhere. I remember skiing at Caberfae many decades ago.
Sora Vjm
It wasn't a "sealed" package that would need to be repackaged, it was in a zipper bag thing. All I was doing was opened the zipper far enough to see the ends of the strap. It had nothing to do with opening a sealed package. If I didn't buy it (which I did) I could have put the thing back on the shelf, zipper zipped, and nobody would ever know it was ever opened. A million people could have opened it before me, I wouldn't have a clue. And I wouldn't care. I appreciate your trying to defend the actions. But that is just not the case. It was simply a case of a bad employee with no real customer service training.

Applebees sucked.

Applebees #1086965
A couple of possibilities come to mind: 1. You and your friends were dressed and/or looked like bums and perhaps acted like juveniles. 2. They were short of personnel that day and as a result service suffers. It happens. However, from the tenor of your missive I suspect reason #1. Restaurant personnel can quickly gauge the quality of customers and tend to treat people they don't want back with bad service. Apparently, you got the message. Go back to Taco Bell.

Poor service

PetSmart #1086680
Sounds like trauma---a fight with another dog or it could even be from abuse by one of the employees. A ruptured liver and spleen doesn't just happen and is NOT caused by disease. They have insurance and you should contact an attorney immediately. Either file charges for animal abuse and/or sue them for neglect, etc. They may have video camera footage inside of what happened. In any event, get an attorney's opinion.
1 3
comment to review:

AA is the worst by far! Do NOT FLY!!

American Airlines #1086678
I guess you hadn't heard of the massive delays due to the bad weather all over the country?

Adobe SendTrack

Adobe #1086677
You didn't carefully read what you were signing up for. Auto renewal has become standard operating procedure for most of these services, as well as satellite radio, magazines to name but two. You can dispute the charge, but good luck on that. The only way to forestall it happening next year is to cancel your card and get a new one, but with a different bank. Many times banks will honor the auto renewal request even if you have a new card and put the new charge onto your new card when they use your old number/account to charge you. Thus the need to get a card with a different bank. Good luck.

Netflix - Streaming Service Review from Glasgow, Scotland

Netflix #1086617
Not sure why you are subscribing to Netflix with your business partner, but the bottom line is that if you don't like Netflix, drop them and go direct to streaming via your internet connection. I stream all the Brit TV shows and movies I want for free via various free streaming sites. Much cheaper that way.

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 5795 FROM *** AND OTHER ISSUES

American Airlines #1086615
I remember a time we flew from DTW to Hawaii on United with our 5 year old son. The travel agent forgot or neglected to book the seats and we ended up scattered throughout the coach cabin on the first leg from DTW to LAX. At LAX I asked a United agent if she could get our son moved to a seat next to either my wife or I for the flight to Hawaii. She actually put all three of us in first class on the 747. I never forgot that and always tried to fly United from then on for my business and leisure trips. But, that was then and now flying resembles many of the flights I took on airlines in Africa or the Middle East. Chaos, confusion and what we used to term "fubar." But, you write well. Years from now you will laugh at the experience.

My Rowenta

Rowenta #1086610
File a complaint with the CPSC.GOV with the model number and what happened. This is a federal agency and they keep track of this. You might also notify Rowenta of the problem and see if they will do something, but most of the time they really don't want to admit something was defective, etc. Rowenta used to be a very good product. Apparently, no longer from the reviews I have read.

Sorry Maytag Bravos

Maytag #1086607
Apparently, you are not alone. This is a link to a consumer affairs site re: Bravos:
Bottom line, tho is to always buy a cheap washer and dryer with no bells and whistles. All you need is a machine to wash your clothes. When it breaks or is junk, throw it out and buy a new one. You are still money ahead. The difference in washing results between a basic model and an expensive one is negligible but the price differential is much greater. Dump the Bravos and buy a basic model.

Expensive cancellation

Norton Antivirus #1086602
Depends on the contract/agreement you signed. Your mistake was two-fold to begin with: you actually paid for anti virus software when you can get it for free from Avast, AVG, etc. and which works just fine for most people. Then, you signed up for auto renewal. But, you need to read what you signed up for in the beginning. By the way, make sure you do a clean uninstall of Norton by doing a web search for "norton clean uninstall" and download the small program and run it. This will clean out ALL of the junk Norton left on your machine after your uninstall of it. If you don't do a clean uninstall, you run the risk of the junk files remaining from Norton causing a conflict with McAfee sometime down the line. Sorry to hear you have to use McAfee.

Comcast - Service Transfer Review from Howell, Michigan

Comcast #1086599
If you are not getting what you are paying for, then cancel them and go with another company. And, don't pay any cancellation fees as they are not providing the service you contracted for. Thus, they are the ones who have failed to live up to the agreement. See if Charter is in your area. Much better than Comcast. A better solution, and cheaper is to drop the TV service and get just an internet connection and then stream, for free all the TV shows and movies you would want for free. Do some research. Much cheaper that way.

Keystone Rv - Rv Review from Cookeville, Tennessee

Keystone RV #1086595
A 2016 model should still be under warranty. Did you take it to them for warranty work? Shoddy workmanship on these things seems to be the norm now. Good luck.
1 1
comment to review:

Good food, if only I got it

Panera Bread #1086589
Instead of sitting on your duff and going thru the drive-up, get out of your car and walk into the place. When you get your order at any fast food place, you should always check it before driving off or leaving the premises. Given the caliber of fast food employees, I am astounded people don't do so and then complain about messed up orders. Go figure.

Fandango - Movie Ticket Review from Mineral, Virginia

Fandango #1086585
It was your mistake. Take responsibility for your actions. This is how we learn.
Pleas Aeu
That is so rude bobs2015 you probably work for them and stealing money as well. It is just wrong that they are doing this to people. There should be an exception there. Mistakes happen are you perfect?

Just plan ***

Shutterfly #1086582
Seems Shutterfly has some problems recently. Try Snapfish.

Dont Buy Centry Link If you want dependable internet

Centurylink #1086581
Perhaps, if you could write in an intelligible form of the English language they would up your internet speed?

Black ops 3

Treyarch #1086190
I strongly suggest you read a book and expand your mind and horizons instead of worrying about a game.
comment to review:

MINISCULE portion sizes !

Omaha Steaks #1086188
Yes, looks good in the ad---I saw one today in a magazine---but if you compute the price you are paying for the type and amount of items they send for $49.99 you can see it is a scam. Buy meat at local grocery stores when on sale. But, thanks for the confirmation of my deduction.

MTD Products - Mtd Snowblower Review from Saint Paul, Minnesota

Mtd Products #1086187
Sell it and buy a John Deere snowblower, but from a local JD dealer in your area---not from a big box store. That way, any problems and the local dealer will help and fix. As for MTD, it is really not the best or most reliable brand for anything they make, including snowblowers. I had a small one just for small jobs and it, too was a pile of junk. I have had a John Deere for 10 years now and it has served me well. I have also heard good things about Honda snowblowers. By the way, I hope at the end of the season, you store it properly---change oil, check filters, put stabil(very important!)in the gas tank, and clean and polish it and lubricate where the manual says. Then, it will start up with one or two pulls when winter comes.

Your teeth are money- Tucker GA, off Hugh Howell

Before you do anything, find a local dentist is private practice and make an appt. for an exam. Never trust these large dental places. You apparently need some dental work so find someone you can trust. The problems you had with the staff at this place should be a warning to you to go elsewhere to get a "second opinion." Dental work is rather costly nowadays, tho.
Shivam Ywy
The family member with me asked me if I would like a second opinion and I said yes. Luckily we were able to run into another patience, who just went to see their dentist, because one who helped me is temporary has his own practice. It turns out that this same office is an an area where my friends go for their dentistry. I booked two appointments for three different opinions and I am about to do my third tomorrow. This includes my friend's dentist. The only thing is I am expecting an e-mail from the secretary at GE with the X-ray results.

SAMSUNG

Samsung Repair Center #1086181
What should you do? Well, in the future, make sure you back up all important files to an external hard drive, flash drive, etc. Also back up your bookmarks to the external drive. You may be the victim of a recent Windows 10 update that many, many are complaining about and that really messed up computers running Win 10. The link to the article describing this is on Myce.com and it is: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-fall-update-causes-regedit-to-crash-on-certain-registry-keys-78123/
The Samsung tech did the easiest thing for her to do and that was to simply re-install the original operating system, thus wiping out everything you had. Tough lesson for you to learn, but there is little you can do but buy a different computer brand next time altho none of them offer good customer service, with the possible exception of Apple.

Scammed at Cancun

The Grand Mayan #1084926
Your mistake was in going to Mexico to begin with. Why would anyone do that? You also need to learn how to stand up to high pressure sales techniques from itinerant salesmen. Now you know. This is how we learn. Consider your money long gone. They count on that, don't you know?

Self checkout

Walmart #1084922
Or, just go to a regular lane, tho both WalMart and Meijer have made concerted efforts to make your wait in line as long as possible. Try Kroger for grocery items. A bit more, perhaps in cost but they have more checkout lanes. Why anyone would go thru a self serve lane and do all the work themselves is a mystery.
1 reply
Fyou, why not use your time to search for a woman and finally get off internet and see sum poonany.

PlatePass Overcharge Scam

Hertz #1084921
This is becoming increasingly common with rent car companies. It's best to stay away from Hertz anyway as they seem to have a problem with anyone connected to the military, eg., rude and obnoxious behavior to those in uniform. Try Avis.
comment to review:

Fraudulent! Unauthorized charges to my credit card! Beware!

My Perfect Resume #1084919
Dispute the charge if it posts. My query, however: why would anyone go to a site like that anyway? A resume is a rather easy thing to compose for anyone proficient in the English language.

Class action needed

Amazon #1084812
Stop with the "class action" nonsense. This must be the new "thing." If you were wise, you charged the item with a credit card. Dispute the charge.
1 reply
See from all of your countless replies that you know more than anyone on the planet. What a lonely existence for you to have no other life than to post 1000 replies here. Go admonish your kids, if they still listen to you.
comment to review:

Avis - worst rental company on Earth!!!!

Avis #1084809
Your mistake was in giving them access to your bank account. Never, ever rent a car with anything other than a credit card. Using a debit card, etc. is giving companies a license to just charge away, knowing they get the money instantly. As for Avis, I prefer them over Hertz after Hertz treated my son coming home on leave from Iraq was treated badly by Hertz personnel in Denver a few years ago. Avis stepped in and was wonderful. Complain to Avis corporate about this location.
comment to review:

Poor or no company return policy

Target #1084807
Not refunding money for software in common. However, if no substitution is available, they should refund the money. I suspect someone at your local Target stores misunderstands their policy in that situation. Call or email Target corporate and ask them what they can do for you. As for the problem with the game, I would try to install and play it on a different computer and see if it plays well on that one. The first thing to do, tho is to read the specs on game and make sure it will run on your computer. This is a new game and your computer might not be up to the task if it is a couple of years or more in age. You might need to update your drivers, etc. Who knows? Alot of these new games are made for state of the art graphics cards, sound cards, etc. and play spasmodically on older or not upgraded systems.
1 reply
No, that's Target policy. The least they could have done is found it at a different store and offered to put it on hold.

What customer service?

Sirius XM Radio #1084802
The correct description of how Sirius XM is run is "half-#@$%---referring to the human derriere. A few new cars ago I found out the hard way not to ever give them your credit card info or they will enroll you in their "automatic" billing procedure and then make it exceedingly difficult to stop by giving you a phone number to call that is not the right department and/or no one ever answers for interminable lengths of time. I like having satellite radio for trips, but the hassles involved are really not worth it. I always have them send me a bill; tell them to waive the "invoice fee"; and when they send the bill and still include the $2 fee, I can safely ignore the whole thing. They eventually will disconnect the service and send a bill for a partial month---which I ignore. They eventually go away. It's too bad. They had a good idea.

Unreliable service, totally.

AVG #1084126
You do NOT need to buy anti virus software. AVG offers a free one, as does AVAST and others. Try them. They work just fine for most people. As for your "problem areas" uninstall AVG---make sure you get the "clean uninstall"---do a web search to do so as an uninstall will leave lots of junk still on your machine. Then install something like AVAST free and see what, if anything it finds. Also, may I recommend Malwarebytes at malwarebytes.org? It is free and a stand alone program that is excellent in finding problems like virus, malware, etc.

Jeff the rude manager

Lowes #1084122
And, you apparently just stood there and let it happen! What a coward you are.
1 reply
Assuming it happened, I have a feeling that the OP was an employee fired by Jeff.

Visionworks complant

Visionworks #1084119
As you found out, vision insurance is a hit and miss thing with many providers not willing to take the insurance you have---it costs them more money and trouble to file a claim, etc. than it is worth. If you are paying for vision insurance, think twice about continuing it.

Walmart - Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band Review from Abbeville, Louisiana

Walmart #1084118
Nowadays, it is wise to always check the items in the box when you get them---even if it is sealed. As for WalMart, it is what it is---not the best place to shop. Amazon.com is usually much better.

QVC SCROOGE SPOILS CHRISTMAS FOR MY CHILDREN FOR NO LEGITIMATE REASON

QVC #1084115
You made two mistakes: 1. you used a debit card or otherwise allowed QVC to take money from your bank account. You should have used a credit card. 2. You apparently waited until the last minute to order items for Christmas, expecting them to somehow magically arrive in time for Christmas. Next year, order earlier. Now you know. This is how we learn.
3 1
1 reply
Apparently you did not accurately read my complaint because the truth is I MADE NO MISTAKES. ZERO. (1): The method of payment had nothing to do with the basis of my complaint. Whether I used a debit card, credit card, or any other method of payment, the outcome would still have been the same for my children. Using a credit card would not have changed the outcome for them AT ALL. (2): The order dates have no bearing on my complaint or QVC’s mishandling of the orders either. QVC had more than enough time to contact me from December 22nd-24th to explain any problem and allow me an opportunity to make other arrangements. After all, they had my email address and telephone number, and they did send me multiple order confirmation emails, a UPS tracking number, and posted no hint of any problem whatsoever on my QVC account accessed through their website. Furthermore, I had no false allusions that these orders would actually, or as you put it, “magically” arrive at my residence by December 25th. If you had read my complaint thoroughly before passing judgment, you would have seen that the arrival date was not the issue either. “Waiting until the last minute,” however, is sometimes unavoidabl...

Extremely Rude Steward

Air Asia #1083801
You really need to find something else to do to occupy your time. Complaining about something like this is rather childish.

Legendary Journeys travel

Legendary Journeys #1083799
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
comment to review:

False Advertising to say the least

MyPillow #1083798
Go to the nearest Target, WalMart, or other store and buy a natural feather pillow with either goose or duck feathers. Much better than any artificial pillow. My Pillow is over-priced and over-hyped. They advertise alot and thus the power of advertising overcomes all common sense.
comment to review:

First and last time i'll use fandango

Fandango #1083797
Yes, dispute the charge for services not provided correctly. At the very least, Fandango will be charged a dispute fee of around $25. Good luck.

Coinstar rip off

Coinstar #1083796
If you were sure you counted the coins correctly, you should have called the coppers and filed a theft report.
comment to review:

Dell needs a new shipping vendor

Dell #1083795
FedEx has had some really bad problems with delivery this year caused by an increase in volume and bad personnel/labor cost planning. It happens. Yes, Dell is the ultimate responsible party, but good luck getting anyone in the Dell customer service center in India to do anything about it.