Verified Reviewer

Drive Medical - Battery will not hold charge.

Update by user Jun 08, 2020

Within 30 minutes of completing my complaint on this site, I received a call from a technician at Drive Medical. He explained that all the phones are down at the company.

Ordinarily I would be able to contact customer service w/o a problem. The tech was very apologetic, patient and kind.He assessed my problem whileI I operated the scooter and determined it was a battery problem. The moment company communication is back and working, he promised to send me a new battery pack and also send a technician to install.....because I am 90 years old and unable to do it myself. This is all under my warranty!!

The tech also gave me his direct phone number at the end of our conversation.I am impressed!! Will update again when the promise is actually fulfilled.

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2020
I purchased a Drive Medical Compact Travel Power Scooter 4- wheel, Extended Battery on 11/27/19 from Amazon.com. The first scooter arrived with a broken battery cover. The entire scooter was returned to Amazon and another new scooter was shipped to me. The battery no longer holds a charge. I charge it overnight, sometimes 18 to 24 hours. When I turn it on, all lights glow brightly. But within 5 minutes, the lights begin to go out and the scooter begins to lose power. I assume it is a battery issue. * Do I need a new battery? * if so, I believe it would be covered by my warranty.

User's recommendation: The sooter is fine, but the this company has terrible customer support. I have called every phone number I could find to get help w/o success. Their website is no better.

ID
#1976055 Review #1976055 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Drive Medical Mobility Scooter
Pros
  • Scooter seems to be a good product
Cons
  • Drive medical
  • Has terrible customer service
  • Maker
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution