comment to review:

Wen; Use common sense when washing and styling your hair and change up no matter what you use.

Wen #1318593
My daughter was bald after only two uses of this product on her entire head. The last time, the hair loss was instant on contact. The product is wrong, not the consumer. To those who say "they must be using it wrong". No shampoo should cause devastating hair loss no matter how you use it - period.
0 1
comment to review:

"GONE WITH THE "WEN" - "WEN" IN DOUBT......I HAVE PUT "WEN"-OUT!!

Wen #1318467
Wen has no equal in the number of complaints. They admit to tens of thousands, and they regularly lie to customers to avoid taking complaints.

Wen #955390
Wen strips hair too. 3rd and 4th ingredients (first being water) are alcohols. I was talking to a doctor today, she said she used Aveda products and Neutrogena is good. Avoid Parabens. Baby shampoos should be safe.
Happy to save people from potential catastrophe. I talked to a mom who told me her girls were hospitalized after using Wen. There are other severe reactions, not just hair loss. Hundreds of hair loss reviews right here. Wen is evil. They only care about profits.
11 0
1 reply
Baby shampoos are cancerous. They contain nasty chemicals. It may be more gentle than the Wen but still not something that I personally like to put on my kid's scalp.

Wen #954463
It seems pretty silly, but I figured it was a kid or something. My poor baby asked if she had cancer when it first started as well. I reassured her right away, though we had no idea what was going on at the time.

Wen #954461

I see so far 8 have clicked that they had the same problem. The FDA needs to hear from all of us in this situation.
5 0

Wen #954458
Shame on Guthy-Renker for continuing to sell this product with no warning labels. I have filled out the form (no response from that). I have called and talked to a supposed supervisor, who was not helpful, was indignant claiming you have millions of customers, and are regulated by the FDA. Said I would be contacted by insurance. In 7-10 bus. days. How does one put a price on this suffering? So much worry, teasing, bullying, twice daily treatments, doctor visits (lab tests, needles!) acquiring hats and wigs (which are not comfortable) an estimated minimum of a 3 year recovery, but still uncertain that she will make a full recovery.
I also want Chaz Dean to make a donation to Children with Hair Loss (childrenwithhairloss.us) who provided a beautiful wig that stays on.
14 0

Wen #949583
I'm glad you did too! Tell everyone you know! I would have read reviews if I had purchased, but it was my gullible mother who bought it, and brought us an extra box.
1 1
1 reply
Everything your daughter and your family have had to go through is awful! This would include someone who, most likely, feels mortifying guilt about the entire horrible unintended catastrophic disaster...your mother!!
Your "gullible" mother who "fell for all their hype and brought it over because she had an extra box..."!
You were quick to take the high road, and give the benefit of the doubt about the ignorant cancer comment, "...I figured it was a kid...". Yet you seem to eagerly throw your OWN MOTHER under the bus with even more contempt than you hold for WEN by Chaz Dean! The product is the true villain, right?
What you are really angry about is that YOU didn't do the research YOURSELF! RIGHT?? Do you TRULY BELIEVE that your own mother would give you and your family anything remotely harmful, intentionally??? If you did, then why would you use it?
Think into the future when your sweet daughter has her own beautiful family. How will you feel if you give them something. A simple loving gesture, but an unknown allergy is triggered by it, and SHE blames YOU for trying to kill one of them! Nobody in the family had any clue of any allergy, much less the hidden danger!
...

Wen #949581
I'm glad you did too! Tell everyone who might consider this ***! If I had been considering buying it, I would have looked at reviews first, but it was purchased by my mother who fell for all their hype and brought it over because she had an extra box. I don't know how long it will take for her to have her hair back. It is not coming in her usual color, and I'm afraid we have seen the last of her beautiful strawberry blonde hair. ;-(

Wen #949580
Looks like the person who left the nasty comments deleted their comments, or had them deleted for them. How do I delete my response?

Common sense!

Wen #948320
This product is loaded in chemicals, not only that, a high percentage of users lose hair. My daughter lost 98% in 2 weeks. (hair loss doesn't stop right away when you stop the product) Use common sense and don't use a product with 1000s of complaints of hair loss.
1 0

Wen - Review in Cosmetics and Toiletries category from Dale City, Virginia

Wen #948318
when 1/3 of the reviews state hair loss, it's not worth the risk for *anyone*! Sure wish I read reviews, but I was given the product by my mother, I didn't order it myself. :-(

Wen - Hair Care Review from Lantana, Florida

Wen #947972
My daughter lost 95% of her hair and had a scaly scalp too! 2 weeks of using the product (and not every day). I didn't suspect the product until I saw that so many others have had the same experience.
comment to review:

I LOVE WEN. IT SAVED MY HAIR!!

Wen #947961
If hair loss was from stress, you would meet few adults with hair. My daughter, age 10, lost 95% of her hair after using this product for 2 weeks (not every day). Just because you were lucky, doesn't negate other's experience of hair loss with this product. Thousands of people can't be wrong. :-(
comment to review:

I have experienced a significant amout of hair loss using Wen.

Wen #947933
Hundreds of people can't be wrong. Can't pinpoint what it is, but Wen clearly causes hair loss!
1 0

Wen #946649
Why are you so rude? I never suspected the conditioner was the cause until I saw other complaints *months* later. Even when I saw the lawsuit, I thought it was coincidence, until I dug further and saw hundreds more. This product is supposed to be all natural and so much healthier for your hair. Obviously they lie. Are you here just to leave nasty comments Kjac, or why are you here?
8 2