Resolved: Early termination fee- no room for evlauating life threatnening emergency... just pay verizon their $

Update by user Jan 21, 2015

Received an email from verizon today- they will be so kind as to waive the fee. I emailed ALL of their corporate officers. I am very grateful for their consideration at this time.

Original review posted by user Jan 20, 2015
Unfortunately, due to domestic violence, my children and I had to leave the house. Upon calling Verizon to cancel service, they informed me that I had just renewed the contract and would be subject to en early termination fee. I explained that I was NOT the person who authorized the contract renewal- it was the abuser unbeknownst to me. I know they record those renewal conversations- I asked them to pull up the records... nope. I was informed that if he was able to know all of my information then he was an authorized user. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he was even ruder! I told them I have legal proof of the circumstances. They would not hear anything. I have submitted complaints with their corporate officers- still awaiting a response over a week later. It is sad they have lost a customer for life- as well as any potential referrals because they were not able to look at my life threating emergency.
Resolved