Ashley Furniture and bogus Montage Furniture Services Protection Plan

In 2011, I purchased about $4,000 worth of furniture from Ashley Furniture in Altoona, Pa. I was told to purchase the 5 year warranty, and if anything where to go wrong within that 5 years it would be covered. Within less than a year the couch and recliner started to deteriorate. I contacted the Montage Service Center and they compensated for the sectional couch because Ashley furniture no longer carried it, and sent the replacement piece for our recliner chair. Less than a year after that, the rest of the chair became damaged. I submitted a claim to Montage Furniture, and after several back and forth email messages, and a call from the supervisor, they it could not be covered, because damage did not go all the way to the foam. In 3 our of the 6 pictures that I sent, it DID go ALL the way to the foam. I discourage anyone from buying any type of "leather" furniture from Ashley furniture, and certainly do not by the protection plan, it is bogus, and they will not honor it. Also Ashley Furniture lied, saying that all damage would be covered. *** furniture, and SERVICE. This furniture did not even last 3 years....WASTE of money.
ID
State College, Pennsylvania
Cons
  • That i was lied to
Reason of review