Telephone Preference Service - Avoid this company!

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

By the way, this company are called "Opt Out UK". They make you think that they are the Telephone Preference Service but I don't think they are. They need reporting to the authorities.

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

Tried to write an old fashioned letter, but their welcome letter doesn't contain any address in the letterhead. Only shady companies with things to hide block all THREE ways of communication! So, it looks like I wasted my money and will never get my complaint resolved!

Original review posted by user Nov 10, 2014
You can't reach them to complain. They don't answer the phone and emails are rejected. Below was my complaint letter that will never get to them! You can see from this, why they are to be avoided! Dear Opt Out, PLEASE ESCALATE MY COMPLAINT TO A MANAGER. I received your revised instructions for my call blocking device. You sent this because the manufacturers instructions were totally unclear. I have tried to follow your own instructions instead. Despite telling you which phone system I had before confirming my order, your device doesn't work with it! I just tried to phone you and got the ridiculous message to call back. Then you hung up. What kind of service is that? I would also say that the nuisance calls continue! All I can do is block the nuisance calls where a number is displayed, which isn't many! There are only 20 that I was able to block, yet I paid your company to stop this constant hassle. I originally ordered the previous device and was given the spiel that you had upgraded me for free. In my opinion the previous device where the caller had to simply enter a "5" if a real person, would have worked for me. I wouldn't still be getting all the nuisance calls! Why didn't I get the device I ordered? Summary of Complaint - Can't call you to discuss this, as you give out a ridiculous message and hang up every time. - Upgraded to the wrong device by your sales staff - There was no need to do that. - Current device doesn't work with my BT Graphite Phone System. I can't even change the date from 2012 to 2014. - The Nuisance Calls continue. - Your device can only block calls after they have caused a nuisance already. The enter "5" device means you don't get any nuisance calls, only if a real sales person is *** and pushy. There aren't many of those, as most calls are automated. Conclusion I am totally unhappy and would like you to comment on this situation, giving me a solution to being mis-sold the existing solution that is obviously not workable. It won't technically work with my phone system and is not at all practical or suitable to do the job. I was sold a system where a real person entered "5" and was put through and also added to a safe caller list. That's the only one that will work for me, as it won't put through all the rest of the automated calls. With that system I would get peace and quiet. With your upgraded system all I get is the constant hassle still. Why doesn't going on your opted out list work? Thanks in advance for your early attention to this matter. Yours faithfully, John R. Knight
ID
Whitefield, England
Cons
  • Hopeless
Reason of review
Can't talk or email to complain
Loss
Preferred solution
Send the equipment originally ordered.