Disgusted with Verizon Fios customer service

I am totally disgusted with the incompetent & total obtuse (lack of) service I just had with a Verizon customer service rep & the floor manager. I have been a customer with Verizon Fios for over year & average a $200+ bill for my triple play services. I have always paid my bills on time. In October I ordered a movie on pay per view that failed to play (it got an error code that said order failed ). So I instead the ordered & watched the movie through Amazon Prime ( which is cheaper!). I called Verizon customer service the next morning to inform them of the issue I experienced. The customer service confirmed that I had received the error code & did NOT watch the movie. She said that she was unable to issue a credit at time since the new bill for October had not yet been generated. She said the best she could do is put in the account notes that I had called about the issue & was to receive a credit when I called back (after receiving my October bill). So I called back today & clearly dealt with two of the most incompetent *** at Verizon. The first rep I spoke with confirmed that she saw in the notes I had previously called & that is was noted that I had NOT watched the movie. However now Verizon is claiming I did watch it! I was outraged. I told her that as a customer who has spent over $1500 on Fios services this past year that I was clearly not trying to hatch a plot to scam Verizon out of a $6 movie!!! I had taken all the reasonable steps a customer should do in notifying them of the issue & expected them to credit me what they promised for a service they didn't provide. She said she was unable to do so & I demanded to speak to manager. What a treat that was! This guy was total *** who clearly doesn't give a *** about customer service or Verizon! I informed him of what had transpired & he kept insisting that even though the notes showed & confirmed that I hadn't watched the movie that I actually had! Unbelievable!!! I was livid! I told this *** that I didn't appreciate being called a liar & that it was clearly not worth me spending nearly 90 minutes of my time to try to scam Verizon out of a $6 movie!??? I said it was perfectly clear that I had not watched the movie & would not have wasted all this time arguing that point just to avoid the $6 charge (clearly at this point it is about the principle & NOT the money). I told that him that if he did not do the right thing & issue the promised credit I would gladly switch back to Comcast (I had been their customer for over 18 years). He said that was fine with him! It was clear this *** doesn't give a *** about his job, Verizon & certainly not Verizon customers! I promptly told this *** to go *** himself & will now place an order to switch my service back to Comcast. Abe Kornblum West Orange,NJ

Sorry you had that experience. I am a former Vetizon CSR and can tell you that Pay Per View or Movies on Demand can be credited back to your account as long as you call at the time the error presented itself.

Verizon and other cable companies do have customers who try to abuse the system and because of that the CSRs have to make certain the credit is justified even if it is a 6.00 movie.

ID
West Orange, New Jersey
Service
Verizon Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review