Verizon - They missed my order installation four times; I had to spend ten hours between all my phone calls with them to get my phone installed.

My crazy story with Verizon Support: I ordered Verizon High Speed Internet online with the Regional Essentials bundle. I scheduled an installation date, when the technician form Verizon was supposed to come. On the day of installation, the didn't show up! I called Verizon Support, and they said that he couldn't find my address in the system (which didn't make sense). (By the way, I live in a normal, semi-urban town on the East Coast, not in some rural far away place that's hard to find.) They rescheduled me for an installation the next day. The tech didn't come then either. I called back Verizon, and they said that they had made a mistake, and my ticket hadn't been updated! They rescheduled an appointment for the next day. That day came, and their tech called me, but my cell phone didn't ring, and he just left a message saying that since he couldn't get through, my installation was cancelled (without calling back a second time to try and get through)! I called back Verizon, and they changed my ticket, but this time the next available installation date wasn't available until four business days away. I was hoping that everything would work out this time, and then, the day before my new installation date, I got an email from Verizon saying that my order had been cancelled! This was now the fourth time that they had messed up! So I called back Verizon, and had to put in a new order. (By the way, each phone call here, with waiting and all else, took about forty-five minutes to an hour). And since they had to do this by phone, they wouldn't be able to give me the rebate that I had originally signed up for. And they had to reschedule my installation date to the next day. Now, between all the phone calls, I have spent about ten hours on the phone with Verizon, have lost my original rebate, have had my installation date pushed off four times, and I pray that the technician will show up on the new installation date! It became evident to me from all the mess-ups that Verizon's internal communications are poorly organized. The tech support don't have full access or knowledge about using the computer system to make the needed changes to update the system properly, which is why it didn't go through the second time, and why it got cancelled the fourth time. Also, the technicians don't make much of an effort to contact you. If only they would have some courtesy coupon to give me for all this effort that I have gone through as an apology, but they don't, and instead now are charging me an extra $5 per month than had originally been planned! So, if you need a customer service that has the power to help you efficiently, and technicians to install your phone who make a persistent effort to get through to you, you probably will want to look at other phone services.

You can still get that rebate. Call 1800VERIZON use option 4 and then option 2 and calmly explain your situation to them. If the previous reps that you spoke with made notes then a missed appointment credit is warranted in your case.

@No Name

Thank you. I did this and they gave me the $5 rebate for the next eleven months.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Verizon Bundle
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution