Verified Reviewer

Hamrick Software - Very arrogant customer support

I bought their really superb software - VueScan. Since I am from Europe and I bought the software for my company, I need the sellers (Hamrick Software) registration number (yes, I know that in the USA it is not mandatory, but in Europe the financial organs usually ask for it - to avoid making transaction to overseas "phantom companies"). I reviced the following mails: 1. "I have no idea what a "registration number" is - we're free people in the US and don't have such silliness." - I explained what Reg. Num. should be. after: 2. "Don't play lawyer with me - I've had 40 years experience doing business in dozens of countries. This silly RN database is for textile and wool products - nothing to do with software sales." - after i explained that im not playing lawyer, im a CLIENT who deserves a bit more respect: 3. "And now you're not a client - I've refunded your purchase and permanently blocked you from ever buying VueScan. And yes, please publicize that I don't like being treated rudely." - I didnt treat them rudely, i was just asking for a reg. number... if any...

User's recommendation: dont buy their products.

#1994314

I am considering the possibility of legal actions, concerning the Vuescan or making video about its practice. So please put here a screenshot of your Vuescan log file.

Or simply write, which models or model of scanner did have that time and how many devices were there. Regards, Alex Terkinov

#1984711

Apologies - but we don't supply a registration number. Invoices can be generated from our Support page.

We are a small company and licence information / lost numbers / invoices etc are all generated on-line. We have many European customers (from large companies) who are customers and this information is sufficient for them.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1943765 Review #1943765 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Hamrick Software Customer Care
Pros
  • Very good software
Cons
  • Worst client service i have ever met
Preferred solution