THE BASTROP FLOWER SHOPPE

THE BASTROP FLOWER SHOPPE
I was very sadly Disappointed. I received a call from S. Daniels and was asked when I would be home. I was having my car serviced at the Ford dealer and told her I would be home around 3 or 4 pm I heard silence and a large sigh; thus, I offered to pick up the flowers when I was on my way home. When I arrived at The Bastrop Flower Shoppe a plant was placed in my hands and I was told I had received a gift certificate from the senders. I said I was supprised as I support my grandson in college - The very next moment the plant was snatched away from me and I was led to a cooler which held flowers. I called my kids to thank them and was told they paid for delivery. I was never told of such by Ms Daniels. The next day most of the flowers were dying. I have received many flower arrangements in my life and I have never had flowers die so soon. My daughter called Ms Daneils and was yelled at. I guess everyone has a different idea of good customer service ----Yelling seems to be the choice of Ms. Daniels I understand Ms. Daniels was having a bad day, but the sad vase of wilted , poorly arranged so called flowers was disappointing. My husband paid $90 for 6 full size roses?? All of which are so poorly arranged that it appears as though the delivery vehicle rolled while carrying them. Needless to say, we will NEVER order from this business again. Hopefully, I can share my disappointment with others.Unhappily yours, Barry & Connie
Elgin, Texas
Cons
  • Attitude of the owner
Bad quality
Preferred solution
For owner to go to charm school

Fiesta sweepstakes

THIS COMPANY IS ATTACHED TO PALOR AT FIVE HILLS AT THE STORE FRONT DISABLED, ELDERLY AND DISABLED VETERANS ARE SOUGHT AFTER FOR THEIR MONETARY PAYMENTS. I TRIED TO WARN BY SISTER WHO I DISCOVERED WAS SPENDING ALL HER DISABILITY MONEY ($650.00) AT THE PALOR AND VETERAN'S CHARITY SWEEPSTAKES. I MET MY SISTER AT VETERAN'S CHARITY SWEEPSTAKES IN COPPERS COVE TEXAS OFF OF HWY 190 WEST AND ATTEMPTED TO SHOW HER THAT THE GAMING MACHINES WERE SIT AT MIMINAL PAYOUT FOR PATRONS. I PLAYED $1.52 AND HIT A WINNING OF $740.00 ON A MACHINE CALLED LUCKY DUCKS. THIS PAYOUT violates the law since a single "win" is worth $5 or 10 times the value of the bet, whichever is less – paid out in cash. In Texas that is illegal. I remained for four hours and observed patrons playing hundreds of dollars with 0 payout. CONTACT ANYONE WHO IS I A POSITION TO CHANGE THE LAW AND MAKE SUCH GAMING A FELONY INSTEAD OF CURRENT Misdemeanor THESE GAMINING FACILITIES PREY ON EVERYONE - RICH OR POOR. IF YOUR POOR YOU PLAY ALL YOUR FUNDS AND NEVER RECEIVE A PAYOUT AND IF YOUR RICH YOUR TAX MONEY IS TAKEN FROM THOSE WHO NEED IT AND PUT INTO THE POCKET OF THOSE WHO LOVE TO "SKIRT THE LAW"

Or you could just mind your own *** business. What is it with dumb *** people who want to tell other people how to spend their money?

Please explain how my tax money gets taken from the people who need it to line the pockets of those who love to skirt the law. Nobody is forcing anyone into these places.

What if they took that money to the convenience store and spent it all on scratch tickets; would you have a problem with the state and their legalized gambling? Land of the free my ***

the businesses don't prey on anyone. that's such a ridiculous and absurd statement!

it's your sisters choice to go there & spend her money. it's her lack of self control. of course anyone should play responsibly. what's your real issue?

first of all, they would not load your card with only $1.54. seems to me that's your leftover from a previous visit. also, if you're really so against it, why would you stay 4 hours? I doubt seriously you would have if you hadn't won!

so what's the true, real story? are you mad because in that 4 hours you net irresponsible & lost your winnings?

regardless, that's on you, not the business! you chose to go, play & stay for 4 hours!

View more comments (1)
Copperas Cove, Texas
Cons
  • Preys on disabled veterans
SKIRTING THE LAW
CHANGE IN LAW

FIESTA SWEEPSTAKES ROBS VETS – 181 WEST HIGHWAY 190 COPPERS COVE TX. PALOR AT FOUR CORNERS AND VETERAN’S CHARITY SWEEPSTAKES. ROBBING VETS AND ELDERLY

FIESTA SWEEPSTAKES ROBS VETS – 181 WEST HIGHWAY 190  COPPERS COVE TX. PALOR AT FOUR CORNERS AND VETERAN’S CHARITY SWEEPSTAKES. ROBBING VETS AND ELDERLY
I lent my debt card to a worker who then went to the Parlor at Four Hills and the Veteran’ Charity Sweepstakes and transferred money from my card to the “sweepstakes” stores. Charges were: ‘ATM WITHDRAWAL FIESTA SWEEPSTAKES , 181 West Hwy 190, Coppers Cove Tx C#5098. There was ten withdrawal made for a total of $700.00. I drove to Coppers Cove and visited both locations to discover who they were and how they did business. I found: Upon entry you purchase a card which holds your gaming information. The card costs $10.00 and you place money on the card to use the “gaming machines” You are told that you cannot say “I won big, I lost big, and I want to cash out my winnings” Instead code words are used in all transactions such as “I want to turn in my points or cash in my sweepstakes winnings”. The clerk made a shush signal with her fingers to her lips and smiles upon sharing this information. The clerk said “people cash in their food stamps and Veteran’s benefits to try to win on the “games”, the owner has found a “loop hole” in the law and SKIRTs the gaming laws in Texas. We used to black out our windows but that is illegal so we don’t. If someone reports us it is only a misdemeanor, so of well”. Adding, “try to bet responsibly – we don’t give your money back if you lose and will call the police if someone gets rude over losing.” I learned that Video gambling is illegal in Texas, but the gaming machines are not — unless they pay out a prize over a certain threshold. Both Veteran’s Charity Sweepstakes and the Palor advertise potential payouts of thousands. And when I was at the Veteran’s Charity I observed a patron playing a ten dollar bet and cashing out $150.00. He was paid in cash. After research I discovered gambling room owners won't be deterred unless the crime is changed from a misdemeanor to a felony. "I suggest people who care about their hard earned tax dollars, paid to disabled Veterans and the elderly, going to these gambling establishments call their state legislators and judges to change the law Contrary to previous published reports, the Department of Public Safety will continue to enforce Texas gambling laws regarding 8-liners or video slot machines that pay off players’ bets with tickets or other prizes so call them with locations of such establishments.

Yes. Finally they are shut down. It is a horrible place that is not regulated.

#1205096

too bad half the government are gamblers too.

seems to me that you are placing your anger in the wrong direction. it's not the businesses fault you loaned your debit card to someone you obviously shouldn't have!

so pit your anger where. it belongs, yourself for lack of better judgment & ,your coworker for obviously taking advantage of you. anyone that chooses to play should have the right. ever played bingo?

lotto or lottery? what's the difference? ever been to Las Vegas? anyone who goes there, obviously intends to gamble!

life's a gamble!

why try to take others enjoyment away for your didplsced anger? try it, you might like it!

@Anonymous

Them taking foodstamps to gamble is definitely illegal fruad though

@Anonymous

I have no issues with legal gambling organizations. What I have issues with are illegal gambling organizations that prey on a disabled individual who can't -due to a significant head injury - understand how this specific organization abusing them.

It is obvious to me that you fail to understand the difference between a gambling concern that is regulated by the government and one that regulates their own profit . Keep "enjoying" illegal gambling organizations until you lose everything you own and discover you have o recourse. If the organization discussed was organized for the enjoyment and benefit of it's patrons and was on the right side of the law it would sue me for slander.

I have yet to receive a suit Soon someone will shut the company addressed here in and you will need to fly off to Vegas or where ever you enjoy gambling at. Thanks for you concern

View more comments (5)
ID
Cons
  • Stating they skirt the law
Problems with payment