Verified Reviewer

AmeriPro Appliance Repair - Breach of Contract / business fraud / damaged interior of house

Update by user Mar 27, 2021

Not licensed for contracted plumbing or electrical work. Never filed building permits, getting homeowner is trouble with city.

Original review posted by user Mar 27, 2021
Melissa Ann Blennert (d/b/a AmeriPro Product Services, d/b/a Jill of All Trades, ...) was contracted to perform renovation and home improvement on my rental property in Fort Worth TX. She was paid in advance (for materials, services and fees) but took the money and quit without finishing the job under Breach of Contract. I found out too late that she and her company is not registered nor licensed to perform home improvement work in the State of Texas. Her company names are not even an assumed name registered in Texas. She performed plumbing work (total re-install bathtub and sinks, toilet repair) and electrical work (new house wiring, oven/range and over-range microwave, new ceiling lights in kitchen, new ceiling fans, new wall switches, ...) WITHOUT FILING PERMITS with the city, and NONE OF HER WORKER ARE LICENSED as plumbers or electricians. Work was performed to my house that is not per city residential building code, and was not inspected because no permits were filed with city. Melissa is under investigation by Texas government agencies and Texas State Atty General for contracting without a license. She did very good acceptable sheet rock and painting, but literally everything else lacks quality and she damaged my home in multiple areas. Examples: rug installation is extremely poor (open seams no tape overlapping, patchwork where rug pile fibers is not all the same direction, not stretched and lumpy, not touching baseboards... put in laminate splashboard when I paid for tile... bathroom tile laminate has big gaps and no padding/underlayment, not glued down in areas, not cut to fit contours of sides...). I paid her for materials not purchased and used. I paid her for services and fees not utilized (like trash removal that she didn't do). I paid her for some of the labor that I later found out was inflated and poor installation. I later found out she severely damaged furniture and solid wood paneling in my living room, and the house alarm surveillance system that now has a hard-drive error from being dropped.

User's recommendation: AVOID HER and her companies. Check credentials such as licenses for plumbing and electrical.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Canon camera warranty restricts to indoor-use only

Update by user Dec 05, 2014

This will never be resolved. Canon warranty department stands beside their statement that the warranty is voided by (in so many words) taking nature/outdoor pictures in the outdoors that exposed the camera to high relative humidity, thereby constituting misuse.

I did an internet search, and many people had the same complaint about Canon claiming internal water damage to prevent warranty repair. BUYER BEWARE --- Canon cameras are strictly indoor-use only cameras.

Original review posted by user Sep 27, 2014
I have had two Canon Rebel EOS cameras, and both died just shortly after the 1 year warranty time had expired with very infrequent usage (a weekend per month at most, and seldom the full weekend at that). After being told that my camera was not being fix under warranty because the warranty period expired, I remembered that my credit card automatically extends warranties a year, so I gave the ok to fix it. But, upon requesting the repair details in writing for the credit card service, suddenly Canon changed their tune where instead of dirty contacts on the power supply card that just needed reseating (like what happens normally in computer cards), I was told that the camera sustained internal water corrosion damage and they changed their mind that the camera would have been fixed under warranty had the time not expired. After several emails, Canon admits in writing (personal email to me) that their camera warranty becomes void if the camera is ever exposed to temperatures below freezing, above 104 deg F, or above a relative humidity of 85% (storage or in-use). In other words, all their cameras are for controlled environment indoor-use only because of the warranty. The average day humidity alone in hundreds of cities automatically void the warranty, especially in the colder climates and coastal cities. I checked the timestamp of my pictures and my camera was only exposed to a total of 22 days in the Texas outdoors (a few boy scout weekend campouts and a few days of summercamp) and was never exposed to direct water/rain, -- kept in my car and not taken out or put back in the car while raining. By the temp/humidity restrictions, Canon stated that just using the camera a few days outdoors in Texas voided the warranty where I can not claim extended warranty on my credit card. Very convenient to have such restrictions that will void repairs under warranty, and is very poor craftsmanship to not be able to withstand normal climate outdoors for hundreds of cities. Canon needs to put INDOOR USE ONLY on the packaging and advertisements.
ID
Fort Worth, Texas
Service
Canon Repair
Reason of review
reversing repair description
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution