Verified Reviewer

Chevrolet - Ac failure / Bad mpg / No warranty support

Update by user Oct 29, 2014

About 3 wks ago I got a call from GM saying: "After reviwing your case, we will not cover the ac repair. Thank you for being a loyal customer and have a great day".

Hilariously, i keep getting friendly phone calls from the dealer sales department wanting me to trade in my car and get me in a new one. No thank you.

Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2014
I bought an automatic 2011 Aveo5 LT with 52k miles on 01/2014 at Carmax with an extended warranty (300 deductible). About 2-3 months after purchased, tne vehicle runs rough and Ac freezed up. Took to Autonation Chevy dealer since i dont trust carmax mechanics. Well first they can never find anything wrong with the car. No check engine light. Recall was done before i bought the car according to the vin number. Bad mpg i get 22mpg overall 230 miles on a full tank. New plugs, tranny flush, new tires, throttle cleaned, all done. Ac apparently was low on freon, paid a fortune to get it recharged. Then kept on freezing up. I never got refunded for erroneous diagnosis/labor. Now, allegedly, the ac compressor needs replacement. $1,200 aprox. Vehicle still under powertrain warranty but Chevrolet refuses to cover it. Buy American and support your country. Ill keep saying that on my way to the Toyota dealer next time i shop for a vehicle. Thanks.
ID
Orlando, Florida
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution