ServiceMaster Clean - Totally unethical Servicemaster Franchisee

Due to fire related toxic smoke, all possessions were to be cleaned, boxed with exact location labeled for return. A portion of this was related to a private business in the home and a personal workshop. What we got were boxes with professional documents simply "dumped" in and all order in filing was lost. A locked file cabinet was broken into. It contained confidential documents protected by federal law. Nothing was returned to its original location and most boxes were mislabeled. Damage to property was extensive. Expensive tools and equipment were dumped into boxes like they were junk. Expensive leather office chair (over $300.00) was swapped for a $80.00 chair. It has taken months for us to work every day in an effort to correct this mess and will be 2015 before we are through..As a professional writer, it is essential that I can find the reference data that I need to do my writing. All this is just random in one box here and another box in a totally different location. Our insurance company, State Farm Insurance has done an excellent job on their part. I could not praise them more.The Servicemaster "so called contract for services" in very light pink letters attempts to absolve them of all responsibility however my information from the Attorney General's Office calls it a scam to some greater or lesser degree. Something to lead the unwary to accept paying nearly ten thousand dollars to have their property treated in a manner not supported by the parent Servicemaster Operation in any form. It is in total violation and disregard of the Corporate Code of Ethics. There was no effective supervision, guidance, or employee knowledge base exhibited at all. When I noted that there was a shop-vac that did not appear to belong to me, his comment was "well, just consider it a bonus with no indication that he had any interest in trying to find the rightful owner. Fortunately, it did belong to me, so my mind was put at ease. To attempt to place a value on our time and effort in trying to put things back in some semblance of workable order and account for the loss of income that this has caused is virtually incalculable.For those of you who are going through something like this or may have it happen to you in the future, you must be there to supervise and assure that what Servicemaster advertises is carried out to the fullest. Will I be seeking retribution for damages? I have been strongly encouraged to do so.
ID