Furrs Tree and Landscaping - Tree Trimming Rip Off by Furr's Tree & Landscaping

9654 James Madison Hwy Warrenton, VA 20186 (540) 497-**** Contact: Furr, Joseph We had this company come to our door and offer their services as they were doing some neighbors. They said they would trim the dead branches overhanging the driveway and others from trees in our yard. They offered to do it for $400, I agreed. However, they did not do as promised. They didn't cut almost any of the branches/limbs they stated. At the time only one of us was home and I was upset and questioned why he didn't do as he stated, he said well it would have cost more and I said but that is not what I agreed to. He said well he would've had to climb it and that wasn't part of the deal. I was angry and just gave him the check and told him to leave. My wife came home and was equally upset and walked across the street where they were still working and spoke with the foreman. What they did could have easily been done for $150 by a better tree service. She argued with the foreman who called his boss and reimbursed us a measly $100 for it. That is not the issue, we were upset that they didn't do as he stated he would have done when I first agreed to their services. Basically the work they did, I could have done with my own pole saw. I then called the owner Mr. Joseph Furr to let him know that his foreman was lying to him about what actually happened and that neither of us were happy with the work. When I mentioned that he was taking advantage of a disabled veteran the day before Independence Day. He didn't care and was quite rude to me on the phone. Great customer service! Beware of this company and we have put the company on our do not call list with our HOA. If you want to be a owner to a company, customer service is very important. Lying and not listening to your customer is not how one does business. Oh and being told you were a real big company and then upon searching for said company online and nothing exists shows that you are not a real company at all.

furr tree is now in pasadena md knocking on doors they are not licensed they have a nice business card but dont be fooled

#1209381

I had bad experience with Joseph Furr Tree and Landscaping. Had a person named John to stop by and make the deals to trim limbs over my house and remove stumps.

The owner was not present. The stump grinder came removed stumps -OK. Joe the owner shows up and asked which ones to cut. I and my wife started to tell him - he talked over her and myself.

I know which ones. Asked him to get John to verify which ones we agreed on. He said John has left for the day {John just rode off}. Well two of the high limbs in the deal did not get removed.

Hooked him up with my neighbor the same day to cut a few small trees. She had him back a few days later to remove trees, cut them into fireplace size and take the limbs away. He cut the trees into large pieces threw them and the limbs over her fence onto another neighbor's land. When I called to get him back to remove the brush and cut the wood into smaller sizes to help my neighbor {74 year old}.

He became irate, very loud and tried to lie his way out. Put my neighbor on the phone to verify what was agreed on. He was very, very irate and said to her *** you" !

! !

Just had same experience but I'm out 1000

I just had a bad experience with Joseph Furr, He quoted a price for me to pull out a tiny stump that was no more than 5" in width, He said he would do it for $20.00 when he was in the area and to call him back the following week to see where he was going to be working, when I did, he didn't answer so I left a message, he didn't return my call. I waited a couple of days and called back and told him it wasn't any hurry and I didn't mind waiting until he was in the area, He told me he couldn't do it because he wouldn't be in the area for a long time and if I wanted it done to do it myself, he was very rude to me and I told him, I was giving other people I knew his number but they would hear about this, He said, "I don't care" and hung up on me.

View more comments (3)