Four Seasons Chimney Services - Cashed My Check And Never Heard From Again - Total *** Artist

Patrick Fortney (business owner) seemed genuine and very polite while performing chimney sweeping on 06/30/2014. He indicated one of my fireplaces did not have a chimney cap and offered to install one the same day or early the following morning for an additional $235.00. After investigating prices for chimney caps, this was on the very high end although i had already paid in full to have Patrick install. I was ok to go ahead with the job anyhow. He never called me to schedule the installation that evening or the next day and never showed up as promised. When I eventually called him on the day he promised to perform the job (7/1/2014), he sounded irritated to have to do the job and said he also thought the chimney cap should actually be $340 instead of $235 which is absolutely incredibly overpriced. When I asked him to justify the price increase he said it was due to the size of chimney opening which was known the previous day. He said he would be at my house before 3:30 pm and would try to work with me on the price. No call, no show, no response to any texts. He actually cashed my check in the amount of $373.00 on 6/30/2014 prior to the follow-up appointment date (07/01/2014) and it unfortunately cleared for a job he never did despite my attempts to stop payment and afterward he had the audacity to ask for additional money since he assumed I did not realize my check had already been cashed in an attempt to further rob me. He still has not attempted to pay me back the money and will not respond to calls or texts. I have already paid him (as seen in the itemized invoice) $138.00 for the chimney cleaning (which he fulfilled) and $235.00 for the chimney cap which he has made no attempt to install. I had to file a complaint with the attorney general's office as he is not affiliated with Better Business Bureau - shocker! I am sure I am not the first he has stolen money from but I would like to do my best to try to make it his last.

*** ARTIST!!!!!!!!!