SOLID MOVERS LLC - Stole $1000+ From my 81 Year Old Mother

I called Marcial to get a quote to move my 81 year old, disabled mother and I from Medford Oregon to Roseburg Oregon (100 miles). He arrived for our appointment to give a quote promptly. He was polite, professional and seemed very prepared. He had actually moved my Mom’s piano to my apartment a couple of years prior to this, when he was working for another company. He even offered to rent the U-Haul and drive it for me and include this in the price. (I found out later this is illegal as he is not authorized by ODOT to do this.) At his urging I cancelled the truck I had reserved. Because he seemed very professional and organized, and also because of the wonderful reviews I had read on Craigslist... and let's face it, because I am way too naive (aka, ***), we paid him in advance. He practically ran to the bank with my Mom's check, cashing it within hours. A few days later, after reading some negative comments on Craiglist, I started to get nervous so I called Marcial, just to check on things. He didn’t get right back to me, but when he did call he assured me that all was in place and he would be at my apartment at 8:30am on moving day. Moving Day: No Marcial… I call, I text...he makes a couple of vague excuses but then never shows. He follows up with equally vague promises that he will pay my Mom back. He didn’t. My wonderful friends came to my rescue and packed a U-Haul the next day, and I hired a great company BACKSAVERS to unpack the truck. They were very organized and professional. I paid a small deposit, and the rest after all was done. I assure you that I am a real person, and not in any way associated with Backsavers or any other moving company. Just an *** who was too trusting… but willing to embarrass myself in order to possibly help someone else.

I've read through this and another comment on Marcel. To be honest, they do not seem accurate.

Who would pay someone in advance for something they didn't ask for? This sounds made up and I don't know why people go to so much trouble to post horrible complaints. It's not easy to make a living as a mover!! I've used Marcel twice and he was the best.

I'm writing this comment because it really bothers me that people complain outloud. It can really damage someone's work and it should not, because he is great!

@Anonymous

TRUST ME - THAT WAS REAL!!! It was also very painful, embarrassing, and expensive.

He was actually convicted of this offense.

I testified to the DA.

Want more details? I can give dates, and provide documentation.

View more comments (1)