Refusal to return items

Publix #1894019
OK, here's the facts "At this time, we are suspending refunds on products purchased during this declared emergency. We will of course continue to honor our Publix Guarantee for any products that do not meet our quality standards." It's right there.

Return policy

Publix #1894018
"At this time, we are suspending refunds on products purchased during this declared emergency. We will of course continue to honor our Publix Guarantee for any products that do not meet our quality standards." Always check a store's return policy first.
comment to review:

Will not take back caned goods we purchased yesterday.

Publix #1894017

Credit limit

Best Buy #1894015
Best Buy credit cards are handled by Citi Bank. They make all the decisions on credit limit, interest rate, etc.
comment to review:

Walgreens in the senior area of Sun City, Ca. 92586 refused to sell a 72 year old senior a six pack of 5% Alcohol Hard Seitzer unless ID shown. I drink these only once a year. Invasion of privacy!!

Walgreens #1860193
From the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control: "Twenty-one is the legal drinking age. If you, the seller or server of alcohol, ask for and inspect bona fide I.D. before you serve a patron, you can defend yourself against a charge of selling alcohol to a minor. You are never required to sell or serve alcohol to anyone. A person does not have a legal “right” to buy alcohol, but you have a legal right to refuse service to anyone who cannot produce adequate written evidence of age." So you DO NOT have the 'right' to buy alcohol, but the store DOES have the legal right to refuse you service. Maybe you should know the laws and your rights.
3 0

Prices during a crisis

Publix #1860187
Because when demand goes up and supply does not prices go up. That's how capitalism and basic economics works.
comment to review:

Disrespectful customer service person "Mack" she refused to give her last name

Publix #1860185
Regarding their refusal to return your tuna: "Our teams continue to work tirelessly to keep our stores open and shelves stocked. As circumstances evolve, we’ll adjust policies accordingly to best serve our customers. We’re suspending refunds on products purchased during this declared emergency and encourage customers to avoid stockpiling and to only purchase what they need. We will continue to honor our Publix Guarantee for products that do not meet our quality standards. We’re in this together, and must take into consideration the needs of all customers during this unprecedented time." Also no retail worker is obligated to provide their last name. I highly doubt there is more than one Mack who works their if you complain to corporate and they deem action necessary.
comment to review:

They will not return my air filter or light bulbs that I purchased

Publix #1860182
"Our teams continue to work tirelessly to keep our stores open and shelves stocked. As circumstances evolve, we’ll adjust policies accordingly to best serve our customers. We’re suspending refunds on products purchased during this declared emergency and encourage customers to avoid stockpiling and to only purchase what they need. We will continue to honor our Publix Guarantee for products that do not meet our quality standards. We’re in this together, and must take into consideration the needs of all customers during this unprecedented time." It's right there in the return policy, maybe read a store's return policy before buying something if you feel it's going to be a possibility.

Ripped Off from WDW Personal shopper

Walt Disney World #1860179
Yeah, that's what I said.

DOUBLE CHARGING FOR ONLINE PURCHASES

Bed Bath and Beyond #1855581
Sure, it would be illegal and unethical to double-charge, if they were double-charging. But they aren't.
comment to review:

Be aware of the fact you will not get anything back for games bought.

Gamestop #1817164
You cannot return or exchange new unopened games. The only option is to sell them back to Gamestop and of course they are going to give you less than what you paid otherwise it wouldn't make business sense.

Do NOT go on New Years to Magic Kingdom

Walt Disney World #1806024
Yeah, New Years Day is one of the busiest days of the year. Any vacation blog, Facebook/Twitter Disney group or crowd calendar could have told you that.
comment to review:

Do not let them send you to the hospital for fainting or dehydration

Walt Disney World #1789222
You do know you can refuse treatment right? You or your son and say "No thank you, I do not wish to go to the hospital". Also if he's dehydrated that's your/his fault.
2 0

No Fast Pass, horrible purchase

Walt Disney World #1789220
Yeah, this had to be through a third-party site/booking agent. Disney does not sell any tickets directly with an option for additional Fast Passes. Last year they attempted a pilot program to allow guests staying at Club Level rooms or higher to purchase additional Fast Passes, but this program/option never went into full-time practice. In fact even now if you try to book these rooms through Disney there is no option to upgrade for additional Fast Passes. Unfortunately this is a common problem with third-party booking/travel agents. You are better off booking directly with Disney for the best deal. And before you accuse me, no I do not work for Disney. I am simply someone who visits the parks and resorts (and has been for 35 years) regularly and knows the ins and outs.
comment to review:

Don't expect good service every time

UPS #1781036
So if you're tired of it use an Amazon locker delivery. Or don't use Amazon. It's obvious by this point neither UPS nor Amazon are going to change and yet you are repeatedly banging your head against the wall every time then wondering why you have a headache.
0 3
Gail A Yto
So "victim blaming" is your response? It's true it seems crazy, but why shouldn't I expect service to improve after so many complaints? At this point I have accepted things will probably not improve, especially during holidays. Holding out hope that UPS will get a clue.
comment to review:

UPS drivers do not make any attempt to deliver packages to our home in Firestone, CO but instead dump all their packages off at our local USPostOffice where the package is then returned to sender

UPS #1781032
If it's been happening for two years, and happens every time you order from UPS, that's on you. It shouldn't take two years for someone to go "Hey, I'm not getting my packages from UPS, I should use a different carrier from now on."
0 2

3rd world in hospitality

Disneyland #1737561
"It’s best to avoid the park when there is any form of show or parade!" So...everyday?
comment to review:

Forever changed in a bad way :(

Disneyland #1737560
No, we get it. But here's the thing, those teenagers paid to be there, just like you did. They have every right to be there, just like you did.
1 reply
Those teenagers on a grad night should have been on Disney calendar ! Not one on calendar 5 should have shown up ! It’s Disney’s issue not the teens . They use to close the park at 9 pm for grad night . Instead they let them in at 4 pm and close the park early . I would have not planned my vacation that week if I had known that many grad nights were taking place !

Walmart Unlawful Receipt Checkers

Walmart #1724389
"The law does not provide a remedy for every annoyance that occurs in daily life. Many things which are distressing or may be lacking in propriety or good taste are not actionable." Kelley v. Post Publishing Co., 327 Mass. 275, 278, 98 N.E.2d 286, 287 (****). The court, when analyzing causes of action stated under G.L. c. 214, § 1B, is bound by "prevailing societal values and the ability to enter orders which are practical and capable of reasonable enforcement." Schlesinger, 409 Mass. at 519, 567 N.E.2d at 915. In keeping with this spirit and in all the circumstances, you have to show that inspecting what you had just purchased was either a substantial or serious intrusion on your right to privacy." Basically the law says it's an annoyance but the law does not remedy things that are just annoying, and that society has deemed checking a receipt is reasonable enforcement and that unless you can show what you purchased is a serious intrusion on your right to privacy (and Wal-Mart really would not sell such items) they are perfectly within their legal right to ask to compare your receipt with the items in your bag and this has been upheld in a court of law. So yeah there isn't a law specifically that says they can, however there isn't a law saying they can't either.

Kids Running & Dogs in Carts

Target #1716706
Fact. The number one contaminate found on shopping carts is *** And not dog *** human. So that cute little baby is far more likely to leave fecal matter on the shopping cart than that dog.
comment to review:

Document needed for "Age proof"

Walgreens #1716703
True, a state issued ID or passport should work just fine as proof of age.

Walmart Unlawful Receipt Checkers

Walmart #1714669
2 4
1 reply
What a bunch of BS. And what a waste of time writing it. They are within their rights to ask yes... But not to force compliance.
comment to review:

Disappointing product, worse customer service

Restoration Hardware #1712821
"an unfriendly rep who proceeded to tell me that the damage in the photos I sent was 'customer inflicted'." Because those circles in the photos were clearly caused by glasses not being placed on coasters. Meaning that whoever in your family put those glasses down inflicted that damage. It even tells you in the product details the wood is unfinished. Why would you put glasses with no coasters down on unfinished wood?

NO MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY SERVICE

Best Buy #1704855
So, what do you think a manufacturer's warranty is there for? After Best Buy's 15 day return policy anything that goes wrong with the product has to go through the manufacturer based on their warranty. That's how manufacturer's warranties work.

Stand buy lines

Walt Disney World #1704853
If there weren't more people going through FastPass than Stand-by it wouldn't be faster would it?

Ripped Off from WDW Personal shopper

Walt Disney World #1704850
So why is this complaint filed under Walt Disney World who are in NO WAY affiliated with www.disney-world-personal-shopper.com? You're besmirching Disney's good name because someone who is not employed, sponsored, governed, or even affiliated with ripped you off.
2 2
1 reply
You realize this has nothing to do with Disney that the person you were dealing with is a scam artist who was in no way affiliated with Disney.
comment to review:

Beware of bait and switch tactics being used in Walt Disney World as ways of trying to provide temporary compensation

Walt Disney World #1704846
I do not work for Disney, I do however have a Disney ticket in hand. Allow me to read it to you in part: "Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishment, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World resort." So, right there ON YOUR TICKET, it tells you things happen that may close attractions, rides or shows and we will in no way be responsible.

Walt Disney World #1672172
"This is a bait and switch tactic which is illegal and dishonest." Bait and switch applies to an item you purchased or the entity in question wants you to purchase. No purchase was made. You didn't buy those Fastpasses they were given to you. That is not bait and switch.
2 1

Thanks Giving day sale at Best Buy apsolute BS

Best Buy #1604288
"they should have enough TV's to sell to the consumer they only had like 20 of those tv's to go around that is total BS" Is this your first time shopping Black Friday? This is how all the big items everyone wants work out, they have a limited amount and even say so in the ad. Also 20 is pretty generous many times they only have 5 or so. And if you think Target or Walmart don't operate the exact same way on Black Friday you are in for a rude awakening.

Worst place ever NOT MAGICAL AT ALL

Walt Disney World #1575965
Yeah, I'm not buying this story one bit.
#1581908
Nope, me either.

A company worth nothing

Best Buy #1550670
"Despite the fact me daughter was dishonest, that is false imprisonment and I could sue them." Those were your exact words. I simply pointed out that it is not false imprisonment under Ohio law, and you would have no grounds to sue.

Avoid home delivery

Costco #1550099
So you can't be home for a delivery because you work. Guess what the delivery drivers are doing...WORKING!
0 2

A company worth nothing

Best Buy #1549524
From the Ohio statute on shoplifting: "§ 2935.041 Detention, arrest of shoplifters; protection of library, museum and archival institution property. (A) A merchant, or an employee or agent of a merchant, who has probable cause to believe that items offered for sale by a mercantile establishment have been unlawfully taken by a person, may, for the purposes set forth in division (C) of this section, detain the person in a reasonable manner for a reasonable length of time within the mercantile establishment or its immediate vicinity." So yes, merchants such as Best Buy are completely within their legal right to detain the person in a reasonable manner.
Patrick A Ggn
The point was completely missed in your reply but thank you for your interest. First off...they were not professional about it. Second...I find it to be an absolute travesty that the employees don't give a damn in that place until a situation like that arises. And last...the shmuk that was sitting at the door was extremely unprofessional by staring out the window at me long after I had left and was at my car. It will not be a friendly reunion if I ever see that guy again

HORRIBLE Corporate Customer Service

Restoration Hardware #1536656
First, having worked for Restoration Hardware myself, you generally cannot add to an order. Yes, this is all about delivery fees but not just about charging more of them there is a lot that goes in to it. Sometimes yes we can add to an order, it is however discouraged. Also "My husband shared this egregious event with the President of Restoration Hardware and received NO RESPONSE." Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!
1 3

Buses

Walt Disney World #1536651
Because Disney buses run about every 30 minutes...*shrug*
1 reply
No it is every 20 minutes and in the mornings it is usually much more frequent than that.

I bought. Two kindle fires

Best Buy #1536649
Costco has a 90 day warranty so I'm not sure what else they would do that Best Buy didn't do. A Kindle Fire from Costco is exactly the same as a Kindle Fire from Best Buy.

Horrible warranty policy

Best Buy #1536647
The Best Buy warranty generally lasts longer than a manufacturer warranty and also covers things the manufacturer does not. Not to mention if you buy Best Buy's warranty you can take it back to the store for an exchange rather than sending the item back to the manufacturer. It's not illegal store/extended warranties have been around forever and are also optional. Walmart, Target, pretty much every big box store has an extended warranty. So not sure where you intend to shop if that is your determining factor.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee is a Sham

Best Buy #1516385
If you took the time to read the Best Buy Price Match policy: Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:The online prices of retailers not listed in the Special Considerations section.Special considerations:At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS

UPS #1514191
Yes, UPS dispatch can obviously contact a driver. What you are asking that driver to do however is pull over on the side of the road and dig through hundreds of boxes to find YOUR box and delay delivery of hundreds of other customers/packages just for YOU. You may not see a problem with that but most of us do. The reason he cannot check for your package until 8PM is because that is when he is scheduled to return to the delivery center and THEN when his shift is over and there is no danger of causing a delay he can look for your package.
Adam A Mjy
USPS is able to do so without a problem. The problem here was that UPS lost the track on the package, delaying my shipment and making me have to spend an additional $200. If the driver has to spend five minute looks through the segmented packages, as they are packed in a specific order, that's the companies problem and should be accounted for when calculating the amount of time the driver will spend on the road. This is clearly a problem that happens often, if you take the time to read online reviews. Maybe a better solution to locating lost packages could come from this but I doubt so.
comment to review:

No good service skills at all!!!!

Publix #1514185
What the *** is this review even about?

Never buy from them

Best Buy #1512922
After the 15 day return/exchange time frame it becomes an issue between you and the manufacturer. That is what manufacturer warranties are for. It is no longer Best Buy's problem after that.
1 reply
all companies take back defective merchandise. They are not out the money they return it!!!! This was not a return but asking for another unit that was not defective!!!!!!

Deceptive Practice

Best Buy #1512921
If you attempted to return or exchange the TV after 15 days which is Best Buy's return/exchange time frame then yes you would be out of luck. After that time you then go through the manufacturer. That is what manufacturer's warranties are for.
comment to review:

Kohl's Online Buyers, BEWARE!

Kohls #1506477
OK, and how many of those real people have time to go through the warehouse to find a single customer’s package and stop it from shipping?

BB Return Policy is a rip off

Best Buy #1490560
Agreed. Reading the receipt and knowing the return policy is your responsibility. Also the return policy is displayed at the check out counter as well.

Out grew it

Magic Kingdom #1424381
Honestly I am a huge Disney fan, an annual passholder and have even worked at Disney. I personally have not experienced these same issues, but that doesn't mean you didn't experience them. You have some good points and issues Disney does/should have addressed. Also you show great self actualization and maturity by realizing the complaint of one person may not change things. You don't expect Disney to suddenly bow down to you over a bad experience, kudos. But they should still take notice. And truly you did everything right regarding looking at crowd calendars and reservations, something many other people on this site could learn from. So yeah, it sucks having a bad experience and it sucks you feel you can no longer enjoy something on the level you used to. But this is still a good review and I hope draws the attention of the right people.
3 0

Bad return policy

Best Buy #1423411
Best Buy has a 15 day return policy, this is clearly stated at check out and on the receipt. Also after that return policy as someone else stated that is what manufacturer warranties are for.

NEVER SHOPPING KOHLS AGAIN

Kohls #1418468
Here is the Kohl's cash policy directly from Kohl's. Why does no one read the store's policy before making a purchase?
Kohl's Cash and Returns
± Are you returning merchandise from a purchase that earned Kohl’s Cash?
When you return merchandise from a purchase that earned Kohl’s Cash®, you will get a refund in the form of your original payment, and it will decrease the value of your Kohl’s Cash®.
± Did you already spend your Kohl’s Cash?
If you have already used your Kohl’s Cash®, you will get a refund in the form of your original payment, and the amount of the Kohl’s Cash® will be deducted from your return amount. ± Are you returning merchandise that was purchased with Kohl’s Cash? If you are returning or receiving a price adjustment on merchandise paid for with Kohl's Cash, you'll receive Kohl's Cash back for the amount redeemed on the returned item(s). You can redeem this Kohl's Cash anytime within 30 days.

Want refund actual CASH

Kohls #1418467
Kohl's Cash and Returns
± Are you returning merchandise from a purchase that earned Kohl’s Cash?
± Did you already spend your Kohl’s Cash?
± Are you returning merchandise that was purchased with Kohl’s Cash? If you are returning or receiving a price adjustment on merchandise paid for with Kohl's Cash, you'll receive Kohl's Cash back for the amount redeemed on the returned item(s). You can redeem this Kohl's Cash anytime within 30 days. I seriously wish people would learn Kohl's policy on Kohl's cash.
comment to review:

I am very upset with my day at Disneyworld

Walt Disney World #1416488
1) Disney will not see this complaint. 2) You came on one of the busiest days of the year. Of the entire YEAR. 5 minute of Google research will give you crowd calendars and tell you the busiest days and pretty much the entire week of Christmas is red. Had you gone two weeks earlier or later you would have had minimal crowds. Don't blame Disney because you didn't research your trip ahead of time.
1 reply
Disagree if they are to advertise a service and sell you the experience then you should be able to access these services. 16 years I've been going to Orlando's Disney yet what I witness during the 2 weeks of Xmas was nothing more than appalling a complete money spin, will never go back.
comment to review:

Kohl's Online Buyers, BEWARE!

Kohls #1404282
Pretty much for any online retailer don't bother trying to cancel an order even if it hasn't shipped. Online retailers use gigantic warehouses which are 90% automated. So as soon as you place the order a robot goes and pick your item to prep for ship. Which means in order to cancel a human being now has to go through hundreds if not thousands of shipments to look for your order and try to cancel it. That is just not feasible most times. So again you will run into this with pretty much every online retailer not just Kohl's.
1 reply
Sorry dude but Kohl's is NOT done that way !! We have REAL people who pick the items right off the floor !!! NOT robots !!!