Junior Reviewer

Salem Tire Pros And Auto Service - Ripped me off charged $893.03 for an alignment.

I had gone online to purchase tires as instructed by a lady who when I called to see if they had the tires I wanted. She said I had to go online to do that. I did and there was a deal that was ending at midnight that stated if I purchased tires the mounting and balancing and tire disposal would be free. I made an appt. and took my SUV in and it sat there for a week before they did anything it was then in the shop for days I called several times and they said they were working on it. I stopped in one day and the owner told me he had to purchase 2 nuts for the rear to do the alignment. I was a service manager for GM for years and looked up the parts they were .50 cents apiece when I went to pay the bill it was $893.03 I had already paid for the tires so all they did was mount and balance the tires I am sure it was not aligned up as I fight to keep it on the road. They were to check out a clunking noise in the front and didn't I pulled right back in and told them its still clunking. The owner said he would test drive the vehicle to make sure all work was done. He said when I picked it up he did not do it. I had purchased good brakes and pads for the front and they didn't put them on I thought that might have been why the bill was so high but even if they had paid for the brakes that would have been way too high of a bill. The shop manager took the bill back as I stated it was not itemized it just had my name and the final bill it did not say what was done to the vehicle to make the price so high. He took it and said he would itemize it as it should have been done. and told me to bring it in and they would take care of the problem with no charge, They tore the parts off the car before calling me and telling me I had to pay over $160 to fix it and it would need to be realigned but they did not realign it. The owner sent fake paperwork to the bank card Co. stating he had a detailed bill and I had authorized all work done. When I called the bank the day I had to pay the $893.03 they told me it was ok to do since he wanted to charge me $20 a day storage. and I would get the money back. when I got an email stating I would have to put the funds into the bank so to cover the charge that my dispute was in his favor since he had written proof I approved the work I said I didn't even get a copy of the bill they took it back to fix it and all they did was align the car plus put the tires I had already paid for. Having been a service manager I knew that was WAY overpriced the bank assured me I would get the money back. The owner sent them fake paperwork and they are total crooks I would not recommend them to anyone I told a lot of people here in town, and they all said they have tried the same thing with them but they got their money refunded doing a dispute with the bank Capitol one bank said he had signed proof I approved the expense. I said being a service manager I would have NEVER approved $893.03 for alignment then had to pay another $160 to get the car back. they are total crooks the thieves I am not going to take them to small claims court to see what they can do to help me

User's recommendation: NEVER TAKE YOUR VEHICLE THERE OR GET A WRITTEN QUOTE FIRST THEY ARE TOTAL CROOKS.

ID
#1933527 Review #1933527 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Perry, Ohio
Salem Tire Pros And Auto Service Car Repair
Cons
  • Ripped off for alignment and mounting tires
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Refresh Dental - DO NOT USE THEM Pissed they lied to me about my insurance

I had my first dental appt. on 02/15/2018 and had called a couple times about my insurance and was told oh yes it's all good we accept your insurance. I went in and they took a bunch of X-rays and pulled a tooth out due to me being in a car accident the front 2 teeth got hit and had moved and then got loose and both do need to come out. I understand that. I went in knowing that. The 2nd appointment they had me go in and did a comprehensive oral evaluation on me. Some guy came in and said Ok well we need to pull 4 teeth besides the one that is in the front loose. I asked why? I stated first who are you? I was never introduced to the guy and then I said when I was in last time I was told there was only one DDS in this office his name was Dr. Flinn. He had looked at the same x-rays and pulled the one really loose tooth and said he didn't see why any other would have to come out but I did need a deep scaling procedure. I figured I would I have had that done 2 times before and they HURT lol. This guy that came in said he was Dr. something I could not even understand him when he said his name and said I had some infection and they would have to come out! He got really mad when I said why would 2 different DDS at the same business say 2 totally different things. He said because I am the dentist and walked out of the room and the assistant left with him. I had asked before he ran out why could I not have the deep scaling cleaning and then some antibiotics would that not clear that up he said probably but they should just come out! very rudely... I asked if there was some other reason as I was told I have a total of 3 very small cavities and at 57 I don't think that is too bad. The first DDS said the only problem could be the one tooth and it was a slite chance that when he went to drill before filing the cavity it could split or crack or something but he didn't think so. The assistant then came in the room and said on you can go and she walks out. I still had the bib thing on and something else they had on me. I was mad the way I was treated by that DDS and just started to walk out she comes up to me grabs the stuff off me and walked away. I get to the receptionist and was going to make the next appt. and ask that it be with DDS Flinn who seen me first. She told me oh we can't make any appointments if you have an outstanding balance. I said what??? I had just watched 2 people in front of me make payments to them and then she told them how much they still owed and made them appointments but I stated that my insurance does not have a co-pay or deductible for dental I get $2000 a year and when its gone its done for that year. I asked her to print out that bill I wanted it when I talked to my insurance co. she said oh I can't print out our billing. She took the paper I had and wrote down what the insurance paid (so she said) and my part which was almost the full amount. She said I had a balance of $235.00 and that days charges had to bo through but it was a $490.00 Fee on the paper she gave me. I went to leave and had to put out onto a 4 lane road and there was a stoplight just down the street but I could not use it to exit it was for 3 other roads that turned into that one. I sat there for a while when the light turned red a huge SUV left a gap and the car in front of me got out then he kept looking into his side mirror and saying wait wait the sun was right there to my left setting and it was blinding to look that way he motioned me to go but I pulled out a little more to check for myself and the sun blinded me again but I could see there was a gap to get out the spot he sun blinded me in was a car and I hit him. I was livid... The guy was really nice he said he knew how blinding the sun was as he had pulled out just a block up the road and he had trouble with the sun blinding him to see also. The cop said oh it happens there all the time there is no really good way to get out of that small old plaza. I got home and called my insurance about the car then called my medical insurance and wanted to know why I had to pay so much they stated that they were not in network and the first claim was denied when I went in first she said they should have called me to let me know before I came in for the 2nd one as they knew right away as it was all done electronically so they got the denial right away. She also said I had a letter sent to me I should be getting it if I hadn't I stated that I had been out of town a couple days and maybe it's in there. She said that still didn't matter they knew right away and they still treated me without telling me when I came in it was all out of pocket for me on the paper with the bill I did see a $62.00 write off... Oh whoopie, big deal I would have never been there in the first place if I knew they didn't take my insurance and they never told me then wreck my car I am so upset it's unreal. I would not go there when 2 different DDS give such a HUGE diagnosis. The 2nd one was really rude the DDS Flinn was very nice and had a high rating online that is who they told me was the only DDS there. Now I have a fine to pay my insurance is going to go up due to that and a ticket to pay... I would NOT have even been in the area I live 20 miles SW of there. I filed a case with the BBB and plan on taking them to small claims as advised by my attorney. ROTTEN to tell someone that is a co-pay and so many would believe it and they would never question it. I see so many people don't take a lot of affirmative action when it comes to what DDS, Dr, and pharmacy say to them and they get ripped off all the time. I think someone needs to make this rip off game STOP. I am on disability and have a very limited income and could not afford that kind of stuff... I am furiouse at them as again I would not have been in that area at all had they been honest with me.
ID
#1203713 Review #1203713 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Refresh Dental Customer Care

RUDE Rite Aid

I went to my local Rite Aid - Store # 2357 - **** East State Street in Salem, Ohio. I had just started using this store this spring I had a bad taste from the start when I went in to introduce myself to one of the pharmacists who's father and my father were friends, my father has passed away from Alzheimer's he laughed and said yeah he knew my father and when I put my hand out to shake his hand he turned away and said "Excuse me I am busy" and walked away. At that point I was kind of put and thought I really don't think I need to give my business to someone who thinks they are to good to shake my hand. I have never had a person look me in the eye when I put my hand out to shake their hand and turn away and say they were busy and all he did was go and talk with another pharmacist in the back and they were talking about personal stuff not even work related, laughing and kidding around I guess was more important then showing a new customer respect. Anyhow today I left the house at 6:25 I got there at 6:30 I live just a couple blocks from there. I pulled in right behind another vehicle. I sat there watching the 2 people in the car talking to the person at the window the quite a long time I thought maybe there was a problem then I seen them shut their car off. I thought to myself WTF. Another car pulls up behind me and they are waiting I would say at least half the time I was there also. Finally they pull away its a couple minutes before 7:00 P.M. When I got to the window the lady knows who I am and she went and got my pills as they were already filled. She asked my birthday and I said is it just certain people that can wait for the prescriptions to be filled or can anyone just sit here and wait as I am always told to come back in 20 minutes or half an hour. I said I also have a question I have 2 pills that were filled and don't look at all like what I have been taking for years and I take these at bedtime and I have not been able to sleep since I got these I wanted to check and make sure these are the right pills. She just walked away with my pills and did not answer the question about waiting for prescriptions. I am not one to let things like that go so I said you did not answer my question. She said she was doing the best she could do. I said oh that is just a poor answer this lady never wants to use my Plenti card. When I ask her she always rolls her eyes an gives a big sigh I don't know why but at this store they say that the "Plenti"card is a huge mess and they have to use the phone # instead of your card as they sent out several different cards so they said everyone's cards are wrong so its easier to just use your phone #. All the other cashiers there just take my phone # off the pamphlet that comes with the meds but she does not do that and gets rude about it. I had went to pick up some pills one day for my mother and they came to just over $3.00 after her insurance and I gave her $4.00 when I got home I was talking to my mother and she asked me where her change was and I said OMG she did not give me any change. It was right before closing time when I picked them up so I went by the next day and asked if the register was over and they said no. I said well I was shorted almost $1.00 and it was not my money so I just wanted to check it out. I know to a lot that is not a lot of money I am on disability and its the point that you should be able to trust your pharmacist to give you back your change. So I told the lady not only was she rude to allow her friends to sit there and hold up other customers for almost 30 minutes at the window but she was a thief she said what I said you heard me you know when you stole the change from my mother script. I came back and they said the register did not come out over so you had to just slip it into your pocket. she just walked away from the window and then the guy who would not shake my hand comes over and said now I can't sit there and hold up people at the window complaining like that and said look there is someone behind me I said they have been there just like I had been there waiting for almost 30 minutes he could have cared less all he kept saying was I was being rude. Now to me it was rude to let your friends sit there for just a couple minutes shy of 30 minutes chatting while other customers sit there waiting and even the same customer that you ripped off. I told him that is fine I will take my business to a RX that is not rude and does not steal money from their customers. He said now you have to leave you can't hold up people here get going. I was so mad I could not believe he was that rude. They sure did not care that I sat there for that long while their friends where chatting with them at the window. I am done with them for good.

You are quite the nut job. You would sit in the drive thru and runout $5 in gas to see what happened to your "almost" $1 you say you were short!

I'm sure them people are glad you're gone. I'm sure there's a reason he didn't want to shake your hand.

You get disability and have nothing better to do than Harris the pharmacy staff. Why don't you volunteer your time and make a difference?

Rite Aid Pharmacist
Cons
  • Lousy ser vice at pharmacy
  • Attitude of the employees
  • Excuses
Preferred solution
Full refund

Family Drug - Funny Family Pharmacy

Update by user May 09, 2015

After trying to get some of my pills refilled at Rite Aid I found out they had not sent another prescription over so I called and asked them to send it over and any other they had not sent. The pharmacist who answered the phone at Family Drug was again very nervous and said well she felt I should talk to the owner about this.

I again stated I did not need anyone's permission to have my prescriptions transferred to another pharmacy so please make sure all of my meds are transferred to Rite Aid. I called Rite Aid later to make sure they had gotten them all and told them what all I needed refilled, The pharmacist told me they had only gotten the one prescription I had mentioned earlier not any of the others. I was now really upset WHY would this be such a HASSLE to transfer MY prescriptions. I called Family Drugs In Columbiana Ohio AGAIN and this time the Pharmacist who had been shorting me my pills answered the phone and got really nasty with me on the phone saying what was my problem with bothering them by calling all day and demanding them to do this and that I said all I was doing was asking that ALL of my prescriptions be transferred to Rite Aid in Salem I was not asking for anything out of the ordinary to be done.

I told her I was tired of all the games with there store she told me I was the whole problem and they did not have to transfer anything. I said listen you are stealing my pills I know this for a fact. For some reason my refill date was set for the 10th of the month and you guys kept moving me back further and further then next it was the 17th even though I was running out of pills and then it went to the 23rd of the month and when I called and said I was out of my pills they said I would have to talk to the owner as my pick up date was set for the 23rd. I said why last month I picked up on the 19th and the month before it was the 17th each month it keeps moving back and back.

I had set it with the ORIGINAL OWNER (NOT THE NEW CROOKED ONE) to heave it set on the 10th being that I am on disability so that I had enough money to be sure to pay the co-pay on them. I told this nasty pharmacist to either send my prescriptions over to Rite Aid and I mean ALL of them or I would call the Drug Board on them. And I would also turn them into Medicare for Medicare Fraud for stealing my pills. She said I was an *** and said she would send then and hung up on me.

I though what a rude person. I am now going to turn them into Medicare for treating like dirt. I found out from Rite Aid that my pills had been filled by them on the 7th of the month but they would not give them to me I do not know why as Rite Aid had refilled a lot of prescriptions that I was shocked they did I asked why were they filled so soon she said this is what they said were the refill dates on them I said wow and they would not give me my pills until the end of the month. The People at Rite Aid were so interested as were at my Dr.

Office to hear all that has went on here at Family Drug in Columbiana My Dr. Office Nurse said she was pulling all of her business from there and they would no longer recommend patients to use them due to this not being the first time they have heard of problems with them and pills missing and funny things going on there.

Update by user May 07, 2015

This is Family Drug in Columbiana Ohio

Original review posted by user May 07, 2015
I had been getting shorted my pills on a regular basis from one pharmacist at Family Drugs in Columbiana Ohio they were making it right but then it got out of control and they would not make it right. I was going to leave and then worked it out with the owner. For him only to fill my meds. When I found they called my Family Dr. had my Metformin refilled but did not give them to me and told the Dr. I had not been in to get my pills yet when I called my Dr. to get a refill. I decided it is time to leave. When I changed to Rite Aid they refused to send all my Scripts to them. What a crooked group of people. I had told Rite Aid I had a compound cream that would be coming along with my other meds. I have not seen what all scripts they sent at this time. Its been 2 hours since I talked to them and at this time Rite Aid said they still have not gotten the script for the cream sent to them and are waiting for it so I can pick up all my meds at the same time. They had told Rite Aid I had not had that script filled in 2 years and had no refills on it. So there was noting to send in. When I called Family Drug they told me I would have to call in tomorrow to talk to the owner about seeing if there were any refills on it left. I said can't the pharmacist on duty look for it now? The girls stuttered and said oh I guess so and put me on hold when she came back she asked what cream I was talking about I said I only had one compound cream there and that would be the one and kind of chuckled, she said oh ok yeah you have 1 refill left, and I said ok would you transfer that refill to Rite Aid then and she told me I would have to call in and talk to Brian tomorrow to see if he wanted to do that. I said what? She said yeah she could not send that over without his permission, I said and why is that? Her voice was getting more shaky and she was getting more nervous she gave the phone to another girl and she said what did I want I said I wanted all my refills transferred to Rite Aid she said Brian already sent them all. I said then why was the cream not sent? She said well if I really wanted it sent I could call him tomorrow I said no I am out and need it filled today, I said I know the pharmacist can send it so PLEASE send it today and she said OK she would do it. I will call Rite Aid before I go in around 2 hours from now @ 3:00 to see if they have called it in so they could fill it that will have given them 3 hours to have transferred it. If they are going to I don't know what they are going to do. The one pharmacist use to give me a low dose of my Topamax pills every time she filled my prescription instead of the correct dosage and would short me on my Lyrica at first she was sorting me on my Provigal and kept shorting me on them but only a few here and there I had to count my pills every month to make sure I got the right amount. Now if you are running a legitimate place I should not have to do that. She stated to me she was tired of people accusing her of shorting them... seems to be a pattern with her??? someone is selling drugs on the side I think as the owner told me she passes her drug tests??? or is he in on this also WHO KNOWS??? Seems funny since he is calling my Dr. for refills and then not giving me them and also refusing to send in my scripts for transfers Hmmm I think the Drug Board Needs to step in here.
Salem, Ohio
Pros
  • Some of the staff were nice
Cons
  • Crooked practices

Applebees - BURNNED at APPELBEE'S

Update by user May 21, 2014

The monetary loss is nothing compared to how bad I am suffering with this I should go to the hospital its after 3:00AM still can't sleep between running to the bathroom and the cramps... send them the bill and ask for double the amount.

Original review posted by user May 21, 2014
I took my mother to Applebee's for dinner, we had an appetizer and drinks and we both had the Vidalia steak 9oz she said hers was very tender and mine was like leather I cut 2 pieces off the one end and one of the other and the waitress came over and asked how everything was and I said my steak was extremely tough she asked if I would like another I said no I just would not order that again. I was still chewing the same *** the whole time that she was there then the manager came over and said "Let me get you another steak, we sometimes have a tough one". I said Ok and off she went. She brought another steak I was eating it and it was super tender I said to my mother this is so tender it does not even feel like steak. the manager asked if everything was ok then the waitress came right over right behind her and asked the same and asked if we needed anything else and already had our bill in her hand ready to lay down. I said no and she put in on the table I said to my mother WOW that was fast and said this is burning my mouth they must have put some kind of heat in this sauce, I kept eating, and finished it by the time I finished it I said wow my lips are even burring now this is strange it did not seem that spicy but the longer I sit the more my mouth is burning. We paid and left and on the way out of the lot I said that was ROTTEN she said what I said that burn was not spice it was meat tenderizer. I said I think I am going to get sick. I said to her I should go back in but by that time I was at the traffic light and just pulled out. I was not even 3 miles down the road and had to pull over to throw up. and again about 5 more miles the same thing. I is now 2:00 AM I cannot sleep due to the strong cramping I still have due to the super heavy amount of meat tenderizer that was put on that steak. That was done on purpose. When I was young and first started cooking I put some on my tongue to taste it and I could not believe the burn I had from I threw It away and never have used it. NO ONE should ever be allowed to put that much on anyone's food. I should see about suing the company my lips are swollen from it and hurt bad. my tongue is also swollen and burns no matter what I drink it hurts my tongue. I could not wait to get in the door when I got home to run to the bathroom I have spent half of the evening in there and there is nothing left to SHOOT out of me I have been so sick since this SABOTAGE! I am going to contact an attorney for monetary compensation as this was a direct and known sabotage as any Chef knows NOT to use that amount of meat tenderizer not to ever be used in that amount it is NOT safe for anyone in that amount

No I seen my Dr. and I have no allergies.

it was done by the Chef on purpose I know the taste of meat tenderizer and I could taste it for 2 days it was so strong. I was told by Applebee's they would contact me back I have heard nothing so I see they do not care either.

Sounds like an allergic reaction more than anything, if you did not tell them your allergies you have no case.

Well I am sure this is the Manager and I will just put my clothes on now and head on over since I am 2 blocks from there as I have not been able to sleep and my lips are still huge and swollen and tongue is still burning like heck from the fun the chef and the manger though they were having... Have been up in pain. so I will head over how so they can see just what you/ they did to me

Maybe instead of going straight home you should have went to the emergency room. That way you would have a medical diagnosis for whatever your problem was.

More than likely your illness was the good old fashioned stomach flu.

Without a medical diagnosis you can't proof that your problem was caused by what you had eaten. I don't think you would find an attorney to handle your case without any medical proof.

View more comments (3)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Product
Applebees Steak

DIRECTV - Dierct TV Ripp Off

Update by user Apr 22, 2014

I was also supposed to get 3 months free premium Movie Channels I never got them so I called right before the billing time and said I never got them and want to make sure that I do not get Billed for them. don't you know 2 days later I get the bill and they charged me for them.

He turned them on that day. when I talked to him I said turn them off you JUST TURN THEM ON RIGHT NOW why would I want to pay for something I was to get free. The supervisor that I had to speak to so I did not get charged said oh we will give you 2 months of HBO. the lowest of any of them to make up for it LOL what a joke.

But at least they did take the charge off my bill but did bill me again for the HBO and I had to go through it all to get it taken off my bill...

I cannot believe they can charge for anything they want and get away with it. CROOKS

Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2014
I had signed up for my Direct TV service online at the time I had thought moving my mother in with me to help take care of her. I sat with her looking at the offers to see if I was getting all the channels that she would like. At that time they had an offer with free Advanced Receiver as long as you kept the service and a $150 visa card. I signed up for the service with enough boxes to make sure my mother would have them in the rooms that she would want them. At that time my total amount was close to $68 for one year then to go to around $95 after the 12 month period was up. I am not exact with the numbers as I am not sure of the exact amount that it goes up. but the monthly amount is correct within 1 or 2 dollars. My mother looked at the whole offer and said yeah go ahead and get it. ( I was putting it in her name due to the fact I am on disability and waiting to get on my credit went down the tubes) So she seen everything I was doing. At the time I clicked accept the screen went blank and I got a different page asking me to fill in all my personal information (my mothers) and my address. at that time I had to call a # and I did call it she assured me that the box would be free as long as I had the service and assured me that my bill be right around the $68 as the ad said and my bill would be in the mid $90's after the 12 month period. She stated the first payment would be aprox $85 but not to worry that was only the first bill and it would go down to the regular amount. I said ok. then she connected me to a person to take my information to get the $150 visa card that was in the ad. I gave her all my information. she then transferred me back to the original girl and she asked if everything went ok and if I agreed to everything. Again I said as long as that is the price I will be paying and the receiver will be free forever as the ad described. I told her I hear stories of offers from there where people did not get that and they said that was what they signed up for. She assured me. She then charged my card the amount to install and then then I got the first bill and it was around $85 at that time I did call and add the repair pkg for $7.99 and asked if that would ruin the original agreement they said no. so the next bill came and it was $91 and they kept coming that high. I called and they said I had to pay an extra $25 more then I was quoted for the Genie box. I said no that was to be free as long as I kept my service they said no I have to pay for it I complained and complained I talked to what they said was the CEO's office and all that was is more people who try to talk you into keeping what you have and paying more then agreed appon. I was offered $150 to stay a customer and keep my mouth shut. I cannot believe big companies can get away ripping us off and no one cares about the little guy I never got the Visa card when I asked about it they said oh we don't know what you are talking about. sorry. so that was a line of *** too anything to get you to sign up and give you nothing promised HOW can they get away with this. My sister had the exact same thing happen to her with her Visa card with them.

Card is not through directv, you need to contact the phone number on the referal then go online to printout the form, then mail it in, if you don't then no money for you

@smarter than you

I am glad you are smarter then me. I had NO card to print out as there is NO referral lmao.

In the meantime Direct TV told the FCC I had accepted an offer I did not accept it. It was a way they said they would make this mess up to me. it was nothing it was programs free that I never watch and a few bucks off the FCC and the Attorney General said pound salt.

that they had better things to do then worry about the little guy like find the next way to rip off more tax dollars from us. I told them is like living in little Russia I am sure I will pay for that remark.

@smarter than you

Oh wow you are so smart you make me want to puke lmao you have no clue what I am talking about ***.I think you may work for them as your intelligence level seems the same lol

View more comments (2)