Texas Power - Switch service under false information

Sent from my iPad A sales person came to my residence saying that he was on behalf of CP&L electric company which is our provider as he talked to my spouse saying that our provider CP&L was overcharging us and wanted to give us a rebate of 150.00 dollars. All that my wife had to do is place a call so that the rebate would take effect. He went further as he read the bill which is under my name that we were on a month to month contract. As my spouse place the call the call changed our services to Reliant Energy. The salesperson failed to identify himself as an employee of reliant he said that CP&L had sent him with false pretense . Now we find out that our provider is reliant charging me a 299.00 deposit fee and CP&L charging me early termination fees. We talked to reliant and they told us the transaction was legal because a recording was made yet the salesperson failed to identify himself that he was on behalf of reliant instead he said he was sent by cp&l . I feel we were wrong . I talked to their supervisor that it is unethical. To sent out salespeople using false information. Presently I am stuck and do not know what to do about our situation. I told them I do not want their services I just want to go back to CP&L but they won't switch us.
ID