Marburger Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Failed to Deliver as Promised

I found a car online on Cars.com website, 2004 Nissan Sentra. I emailed Marburger Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 1310 East Dixon Blvd, Shelby, NC on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. I immediately, received an email providing me a carfax of the vehicle and an invitation to serve me. I then called the dealership to check to see whether the car was still available. I was transferred to speak to Christina Johnson to get detailed information about the car. I spoke to Christine and was told that the car was a trade in from an employee of the dealership family member and that she would provide me pictures of the car. I told her that I was very interested in purchasing the car. She immediately called me back and told me that there were a few minor issues such as the passenger side mirror was missing and the front bumper was loose. I looked at the pictures and said I will purchase the car. She stated that the General Manager, Chad Marburger, agreed to sell it to me for $1,500.00 and provide the mirror. I asked about any additional fees since I live in South Carolina. She spoke to Chad and he said he can sell it for $1,400.00. I said great! Let me put a deposit down of $300.00 and pay it in full on Saturday, March 1, 2014 when I get there. I also stated that South Carolina do not require an inspection, therefore I will take the car as is. She transferred me to the Cashier and she debited $300.00 from my account. I called my insurance agent, insured the car and called Christine, Friday, March 1, 2014 before noon to confirm that I will see her tomorrow. I received a call 5:22 pm from Chad stating that he can’t sell the car to me because it will not pass inspection. I told him that South Carolina don’t require inspection and I want to purchase the car as is. He told me no. I told him why someone didn’t tell me prior to me putting a deposit and insurance on the car, which cost me time and money. He told me that he will transfer me to the cashier to get my deposit back. I spoke to the cashier on Monday, March 3, 2014 and was told that it would take 3-5 days to get the $300.00 credited back in my account. As of today, I am still waiting for my deposit. I checked carfax and the car is no longer available. I feel that the dealership sold the car to someone else. It is hard to believe that a reputable dealership would deceive me in this manner.

You're not the only victim…Chad claiming that he is a Christian is actually a swindler. Word gets around.

ID