Care First - Poor Customer Service and dishonesty

The incompetency of their customer service is jaw dropping. Couple that with their shady practices in attempting to minimize their payouts, and it's a disaster. Full Disclosure: I have already dumped CareFirst and have moved over to United Healtcare for my Medicare supplemental coverage. When I signed up for their Type F coverage I was promised a 15% discount for the first three years. I figured that was standard practice in order to be competitive with other companies'. I also thought that the premium would be fairly stable. It turns out that after 20 months they withdrew the discount without explanation. I called them up and they said that it was because of "Obamacare" which had outlawed discounts as of Oct 1, 2013. I know that was an outright lie because my wife had a plan with them, with a discount, and her discount was not eliminated. After trying a few more times to get to to the bottom of it I enlisted the help of my insurance broker. First they claimed that the three years was up because my start date was Oct 1 , 2010. That was also wrong. I had an earlier policy with them that started on that date, but that was an different policy. When he tried to straighten them out about that they again changed their story saying that I should have never gotten the discount. This, of course, was also a lie. Also, with regards to the premiums, if I had stayed with them they would now be about $190 per month when, just two years ago they were $132. My United Healthcare policy via AARP is only $143 per month and I've already been very happy with their service. And the last straw is that I am writing this while I'm waiting on the phone to ask why they are still billing me for the policy that has been cancelled for two months even though I've confirmed with them that my cancellation letter is on file. To conclude: The company's incompetence is jaw dropping.
ID