Greentree Servicing - TERRIBLE COMPANY to deal with

I'm shocked and surprised with 492 complaints on this company here on this one website (I'm sure i can find more by doing a more thorough search) that NO ONE has filed any complaints through BBB for this company. We as all of us who have complained on here NEED to file complaints with BBB. I am the first one? This sounds ridiculous. So this is my complaint to BBB: (Better Business Bureau) GreenTree LLC out of SD has been practicing improper collection procedures. I have been harassed by this company multiple times ever since Bank of America gave Greentree LLC their mortgages. They do not follow through with their paperwork. Present example, I received a letter from them stating that I had until 1/17/2014 to finish my loan modification paperwork to report any hardships before proceeding to Default with intent to Foreclose. They never waited until 1/17 and instead started the intent to foreclose paperwork with me on 1/10/2014 which I received that paperwork in the mail on 1/13/2014. I am working out the cure the default now with the company but anytime I contact the company their representatives are completely rude. They do not allow any payment plans and find anything that they do NOT request as unacceptable. Certain reps I have spoken to mostly Lakisha H. anytime I speak with them they get loud and rude. How is anyone that holds a mortgage with this company even wanting to work out their mortgage issues with this company if they have rude agents? I also found 491 complaints on this company online at the following location I am not the only one that is being harassed by this company and I / we believe that they are using false or incorrect/illegal business practices. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/greentree-servicing.html When they try to contact you they will call your phone at least 10 times a day, leave messages at your door hanging signs on the door and even have reps come to your home to ask you what your plans are for the residence. All for being 1 month late. Now granted at this point in time I AM in fact 2 months behind and I am having a hardship but had plans to pay the company on 1/17/2014 which did not happen due to them sending the premature letter of intent to foreclose a week early. Your Desired Resolution: I want some clarification that this business is being run on the up and up and not following illegal business practices. It worries me that I have a mortgage with this company that only seems to wish that everyone that is late be pushed out of their homes without trying to "work" generally work with people on the phone and not PUSH harass or with rude words. I am worried not only for me but for all the other people that have complained almost the same complaints online at that link above where people could lose their homes so quickly just because they are a bad business. I also want to be sure that the owner of the company knows of their practices. I know that I deal with Lakish H. as a rep and their mail comes out of South Dakota so I looked up where to file a report and this is the link if anyone else is interested and I DO FEEL WE NEED TO START STANDING UP FOR OUR RIGHTS AS HOMEOWNERS. https://nebraskasouthdakotasouthwestiowa.app.bbb.org

I have to agree. My mortgage company sold my loan to them, and before my first loan payment to them was even due, they were calling me several times a day (automated of course) inquiring about my payment.

I finally called them back, because I wasn't answering their unknown number, and was able to tell them to settle down, as my payment wasn't even due yet. Oh, yes, this is good too...they sent out mailing address to send payment to, then about a month later, sent out new letter telling they sent out the wrong address in the first letter.

Nice. Can hardly wait to do business with these ding ***

Sorry for the typing errors. This is what I meant to state:

They can't make a collections attempt via email.

Loan pmts do not change overnight. Loan servicing companies are required by law to notify a customer in advance of a pmt amount change. Are you sure you did not receive notification? Maybe you should be more proactive and view your loan info online each month to check the status.

For example, call at 8am in whatever time zone they operate in. You should get through with a short hold time.

I have Green Tree take money out of my bank account to pay my bill every 2 weeks. They took money out 1/31/2014.

On 2/7/2014 I checked on it and My bank said Green Tree took money out and this lady from Green Tree, Jennifer said they didn't and Green Tree were not LIARS. She was a not a nice person!!!! I called the bank back and they said Green Tree did take the money out and told me what to do.

I called Green Tree back and talked to someone else and told them what the bank told me ... Wow Green Tree found the money the had withdrew from my account

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! Green Tree Servicing LLC.

Has done it to us again. In the beginning They told us to go ahead and pay the mortgage while the divorce was going on. Then they called and told us they couldn't work with us our name wasn't on the home. Next came the phone call saying we owe $1200+ in back mortgage and that they will work with us so we can keep the house.

We paid the money then we get a call about they want another $$BIG$$ payment. We are pretty much broke at this point. SOOO... we move out.

2 years later after at least 10 harrasing phone calls a day for 2 years yet our name is not on the mortgage. Told us we could go ahead and Get our house out of foreclosure. That was won In a Divorce. They said pay $1200 on what payments have been missed and $400 a month on the mortgage.

The rest will be put in the arrears. Well we have moved in paid the $1200 paid the mortgage. And come 5 months later they call us telling us we have to pay $2500 now or the house will go back into foreclosure. This is happening Because the manager that made us this deal has been moved up in corporation and the new manager doesn't like the deal that was made with us Over 5 months ago.

And finally the owner on this home called them not but a week ago to sign off on the house so we can deal with it. (Took his *** 2 yrs) We wanted to try to get our home back. After all my child and I have grown up in this house and in the house 3 lots over. (That we ended up selling after my grand parents passed.) WELL GUESS WHAT?

GREEN TREE MOTHER F@**ERS. You wont get a dime. We had to redo the plumbing, new toilets, the fixtures in the house, hall trash out. (Mind you when the house was in foreclosure the first time some one came in and used the place as a flop house and stripped the house of all doors, most windows, plumbing ECT.....) Im taking everything that wasn't here when we moved in.

I hope they like trying to sell a dust property with a breezy shell on it. Share this and if some one mentions GREEN TREE SERVICING LLC Run for your LIFE!!

The BBB knows all about them.

I also had to deal with Lakish and had notes taped to my front door saying to call right away only to be put on hold for 45 minutes and then they hang up. forclosure threats because my payment amount had changed(of course no notice of this) by 29 dollars so they applied NONE of my payment and sent snail mail to tell me.

They refuse to email or have a online mail that you can link from an email sent. Somebody stop these people!!!!!!!!!

@jeanj53

They can't make a collections attempt via email. Loan pmts do not change overnight.

Loan servicing companies are required by law to notify a customer in advance of a pmt amount change. Are you sure you did not receive notificastion? Maybe you should be more proactive and view your loan info online each month to check the status. if you encounter a long hold time when you call a company, simply call back at a different time.

For example, call at 8am in whatever time xone they operate in. You should get through with a short hokd time.

View more comments (6)
ID
#472004 Review #472004 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey