Business Design Solutions - Paid for Computer and never received it

I have dealt with the same person and business for many years so I did not see a problem coming. Tom Duplesis from Business Design Solutions in Hurleyville, New York 12747, came to my office on November 15, 2013 as I needed a new computer. We discussed what was needed and he told me how much it was going to be and he asked for a check for the full amount in advance so I wrote it. He told me that right after Thanksgiving that he would have the computer for me. In December 2013 I called and called and called and he never returned any of the voice mail messages nor any of the text messages. I even called a municipality that he does work for and they told me that he is still working there. I now had to file a small claims to try and take him to court so that at this point I can get my money back as I would not trust that he would do the right thing with the computer. I spent almost $1500.00 and he does not even have the courtesy to return a phone call after 2 months. I now have to wait until the begining of February 2014 for a court date, then hopefully he shows, and either get my money back or get a judgement and then have to collect on the judgement. This is a terrible thing to have to do as the customer but at this point I would say "Buyer Beware" of Tom Duplesis and Business Design Solutions from Hurleyville New York, 12747
ID