The Autobarn Volvo Of Oak Park - Discrimination in the Workplace

Autobarn Volvo Oak Park generated a policy manual which they have difficulty to abide by for their employees. It states clearly, "Disclosure of your status as an individual with a disability is voluntary. Choosing not to provide this information will NOT subject you to any adverse treatment.." Yet in their Parts Department, employees are treated poorly, so very abused in a very hostile work environment and the other Parts Department employees have to lie to cover themselves even when there is a written discrimination and ADA policy that every employee must sign. The main manager there is a blatant racist, since he accepted a white employee back who walked out for less of a reason, but could not accept a biracial employee back. In fact, that biracial employee is still waiting for the manager to return his call. More than two weeks ago, this manager told him he would return his call in one hour. That one hour has turned into over 300 hours. If you are a believer in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the ADA Act of 1990, I suggest you purchase elsewhere.

Not yet, waiting for the IDES appeal, EEOC and Cook County Dept. of Human Rights response.

ID
Chicago, Illinois

JCPenney.com Christmas Nightmare

I ordered an electric blanket for my husband for Christmas online in November. It was to be sent to the North Riverside store and I was going to pick it up. I never received any notice to pick it up, so I called. I was to wait. I received an email that it was going to be shipped to my address, but they had the wrong address, so I immediately emailed them and told them the right address. I never received a reply. I called again and was told I had to wait for it to come back to the warehouse. I did and called again and was told it was out of stock but they would send me another electric blanket similar valued at $80. When it was delivered to my house, I put it up thinking it was okay. I went to wrap it on 12/23 and noticed it was a regular blanket with no electric. I went to exchange it at the store on 12/24 and had to pay $30 more for a heated blanket and the associate could not even take the 15% coupon they sent me since it was not online. I had to stop all my plans on Christmas Eve to do this since the closest JC Penney is about one hour away. Then I am not even sure if they did the credit correctly. I am very disappointed with this experience.

I will not buy JCP gift card anymore! They supposed to refund me a check in the mail and after calling them 5 times in the last 3 months.

I still haven't received my freaking check. The people you talk to on the phone is useless.

ID