Verified Reviewer

Costco Auto Program - Worthless Costco Support

This is in addition to a review I posted earlier about one of their certified/ authorized dealerships quoting me the internet price as the Costco price. I wrote Costco, explaining that I thought this was a "discount program" and there was no discount. Response' "you are under no obligation to purchase a car, if you'd like a dealership for a different make and model, please let us know". Anotherwords,.. we don't care that our program is worthless, and we don't care that our dealers do not honor the Costco price.. we're getting our monthly fee from them to be a part of the program $$$... and it's a good marketing ploy for new members! Works for us!

User's recommendation: Run! It's a scam!

ID
Service
Costco Auto Program Deal
Cons
  • Sham costco doesnt care either
Preferred solution
Stop misleading your customers with "no haggle price" and making it sound like you have a Costco price sheet for each dealer. Unethical. I got the internet price as the Costco price. People will soon catch on. Social media is a wonderful thing to caution.

Verified Reviewer

Costco Auto Program - Not worth it

I contacted the local Costco affiliated dealer. The price they gave me was the same as the internet. $2500 off MSRP. When I said "thanks but no thanks". THAT'S when I got a few more emails (and an immediate phone call).. all of which I ignored. "NO HAGGLE"? This seems like haggling to me! Then, since I really love the car of choice, and really need a car.. I searched for another Costco affiliated dealer. They're all more than an hour away. They ALL have horrible yelp reviews. Oh, so the dealerships that hook up with Costco are the ones that can't sell cars based on reputation? Good.... real good. Nightmare in the making.... I'll pass. And, cancel my Costco card- auto program was the only reason I have it. Single. No need for large quantities of anything.

User's recommendation: Don't bother!

ID