Centers Health Care - Warning!!! DO NOT send your loved ones to Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation located at 1455 Coney Island Avenue Brooklyn, Ny 11230.

Update by user Jan 08, 2014

Once Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation found out the Ombudsman advocate was coming to conduct an investigation the facility immediately discharged the patient(s) who reported the complaints. The ombudsman stated that once the patient is discharged they can not investigator however, the case was transferred to a higher state agency to conduct an investigation. A worker stated that something definitely seems suspicious about how Brooklyn Rehabilitation has handled things thus far.

Although Brooklyn Center rushed to discharged the patient about a month earlier than previosly discssed a few days prior to the Ombudsman arrival. They still failed to provide the resident with their clothing. To date the resident is waiting to receive all the winter clothing that were stolen/misplaced at the facility. They also failed to provide a check for reimbursement for the clothes.

The temperature in NYC was -10 degrees. That is beyond freezing. And the agency still refuse to return their winter clothing.

Shame Shame Shame on Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation.

DO NOT SEND ANYONE YO LOVE TO THEM. Do not even send your enemy I'm sure they don;t deserve such horrible treatment.

You've been warned!

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2013
Warning DO NOT snd your loved ones to "Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation" located at 1455 Coney Island Avenue Brooklyn, Ny 11230. Residents complained about staff hitting them and causing injuries. Residents clothing goes missing for months. Residents complained about the facility being very cold at night. Perhaps because their winter clothes goes missing they are unable to bundle up and dress warm. Residents stated the food taste horrible. And residents has lost a lot of weight while residing there. Resident were denied medical attention to treat injured swollen leg injury caused by staff pushing them into objects. Residents diagnosis are discussed at the front desk for other residents ad their guests to over hear. Resident were diagnosed treatment for medical concerns. I personally witnessed the administrative staff yelling and acting ignorant when attempt's were made to resolve complaints. The resident as well as my self filed formal complaints verbally as well as in writing to Administrator Phillip Puchsbaum Director Ann Marie Akinyooye and Mr. Eisenberg The director refused to acknowledge the written complaints. The director also refused to scheduled a meeting with all parties involved as an attempt to resolve these important issues. 8 requests were made thus far for a meeting. When I arrive to visit the resident the administrative staff does not make themselves available to speak. I made 11 requests for the resident to have medical attention. And each attempt I made to resolve them has been ignored. The problem still exsist. The neglect still exists. The poor quality of care still exsist. Sadly, the administrative staff thinks that by ignoring the situation will make it go away. I notified the state for an investigation. Im waiting for a response. This is a HORRIBLE agency. None of the people mentioned should work with such a vulnerable population inside the Nursing Home/ Rehabilitation Center. They lack patience, organization, and the ability to provide quality care to patience. If you know of any sites or organizations I can utilize to notify the public of all of these Horrible FACTS about Brooklyn Center for Rehabilitation please inform me immediately. Thank you
ID

Chavez Appliance Corp and Rafys Home Appliance Corp - Warning!!!! Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. sells defective products.

Update by user Jan 08, 2014

I contacted Consumers Affairs to file a complaint and to request their assistance in resolving the issue.

Shortly after threatening to take them to court and following up with consumers Affairs Chavez Appliance Corp and Rafys Home Appliance immediately delivered the repaired refrigerator.

The refrigerator appears to be working satisfactory. However, I DO NOT recommend this appliance shop. they were unprofessional and attempted to run a scam until I got a higher authority involved.

They are unprofessional, and their items does not work properly and breaks down less than 6 months. And they will refuse to repair it especially after I pay an extra $100.00 for warantee services.

I think they are dishonest, frauds, scammers, unethical, and lack integrity.

I'm greatful for the power of prayer and the assistance of Consumer Affairs for their help. And resolving this issue. Im just glad that the issue has been resolved.

Do not purchase anything from Chavez Appliances and Rafy's Home Appliance. They will take your money and sell you defective items and will NOT honor their waantee until you threaten to take them to court and contact Consumer Affairs for an investigation. Who wants to be bothered going through all this? Really!!!

Stay away...You've been warned!

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2013
Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. sells defective products. I purchased a stainless steal refrigerator from Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. located at 1127 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221. After using it for about 2 months the refrigerator and freezer stopped getting cold. I paid an extra $100.00 for the refrigerator to be repaired and was provided with a 6 months warantee. I called them the day after the so called repair to notifying them that the problem continued. The refrigerator and freezer still was not getting cold To date the reridgerator is not working. I've made numerous attempts for them to come and repair it. I notified them via phone, text and certified mail with a return receipt. I reminded them that they had not arrived for 10 scheduled appointments. They do not call to cancel or anything. when I called to inquire about the missed appointments I usually get a rude, hostile worker on the phone who reuse to provide their name and hang up while you are speaking regardless of how calm and respectful you are speaking to them. I've been patient for about 2 months. Waiting for them to arrive while they don't show up. Enough is enough. I refuse to allow them to take advantage of me or rob me. I work hard for my money. All I ask is that they repair my refrigerator, or exchange it for another stainless steal refrigerator that is the same height and width, or take their appliance and give me a refund so I can purchase working refrigerator from a reputable and professional company. To date the problem exsist. No one showed up to fix the problem. Chavez appliance Corp and Rafy's Home Appliance Corp. IS A SCAM! DONT WASTE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM. LIKE ME YOU WILL REGRET IT. How many more months do they expect to pass before coming to my home to fix the refridgerator? Why provide a written warantee if you are not going to honor it? This is poor business practice. I speak the truth and I have proof that EVERYTHING I said is correct. If you know of any websites, organizations that I can share my experience as well as warn others about this shabby company please notify me ASAP. I am in the process of starting court proceedings as I warned them I would do if they failed to not resolve this issue by this weekend. I will keep you informed and updated as to the court proceedings.
Loss

Komfort Plumbing and Heating Inc - Warning against KOMFORT PLUMBING & Heating. DO NOT USE THEM.

Update by user Jan 08, 2014

A representative finally arrived to my home today to address the issue. I will have to see if there is an actual improvement with the heat.

Although the reps who finally arrived today appeared courteous and helpful I still rate this company ***

There is absolutely no excuse why I had to wait 11 months for them to resolve the issue. I made numerous phone calls and sent numerous e-mail. A man named Marc made it clear that he had no intentions to come to my home to resolve the issue until I threatened to take the company to court.

Again, I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Waiting 11 months to resolve/fix an ongoing issue is excessive and poor customer service. Although they provided 1 year warantee on service and parts to wait to the 11th month to finally arrive and honor the warantee is wrong and in my opinion it's deceptive practice.

As of February 2013 I made the first complaint. It took them to October to send a representative who acknowledge the fumes from the instillation and all he did was say that the odor will go away in a few weeks. (The company said the odor will go away in a few weeks since the instillation in february....8 months ago). The no heat/fumes continued. In November they attempted to finally schedule an appointment the day I had a medical appointment. I provided them with notice and requested another date. Thinking a professional company would reschedule an appointment later that week or at least the following week, No, Not Komfort Plumbing and Heating. Their next available date was January 8, 2014. UNACCEPTABLE.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. You've Been WARNED!!!!!

Update by user Dec 15, 2013

I think this site may have a slight glitch lol. But at least it is allowing me to warn others and prevent others from being a victim and scamed out of their money and for that I am greatful.

This is my last attempt to provide their correct address:

Komfort Plumbing and Heating Inc.

321 East 87 street Brooklyn NY 11236 Lic# 1670

Or contact me and I will send you all the information you need to make sure you have the correct agency I am making a complaint against.

Update by user Dec 15, 2013

To clarity my original complaint I want to emphesise that since February 2013- Present (December 2013) All of my complaints has been ignored. Except of 1 time several months ago a representative came to my home. Stood in my livingroom smelled the odor/fumes and said the horrible smell is called "Newness" and it often comes each times they install a new boiler and he explained that the smell should go away within 2 weeks after instillation. However he came to my home a few months after instillation....yes I said months and the horrible smell is still present. This is now December and yes the smell is till present and the radiators still are not working since they installed new pipes and boiler.

The name if the horrible, unprofessional company is Komfort Plumbing and Heating Inc. Their address is 31 EAST 87th Street Brooklyn NY.

For some reason the address in the previous ad appeared altered. But this is the correct address.

If you know of any websites or organizations where I can share my experience and warn others please notify me asap. Thank you.

Remember...If they scammed me they can scam you too.

Like you I work very hard for my money.

I expect to receive professional services from a company with integrity. And fulfill their agreement on the warranty.

Update by user Dec 15, 2013

Remember...If they scammed me they can scam you too.

Like you I work very hard for my money.

Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2013
I hired Komfort Plumbing & Heating, Inc. located at 321 Wast 87th Street Brooklyn , NY 11236. NY Master Plumbing Lic# 1670. On February 2013 they installed a new boiler and pipes into my home I had recently purchased. The proposal as well as the contract state that I have 10 year manufacturers warranty on sections. And 1 year warranty on parts and labor from Komfort Plumbing. The boiler that was installed was a "Burnham Independence Boiler" by U.S. boiler Company. Since February 2013 right after they installed the new boiler I have contacted Komfort via phone and e-mails informing them of the problems I was having with the boiler. Because ever since the instillation multiple problems has arises I refer to their boiler as being "defective" because it does not work as a boiler should. To today the following problems still exists: a) (Note: Prior to Komfort Plumbing and Heating, Inc installing the defective boiler. All the radiators were working properly). Since Komfort Plumbing and Heating, Inc installed their defective boiler the radiators located in the front of the house does not get hot. This cost me additional money because the rear heaters have to work extra hard to warm the front of the house. b) Since February there was a horrible gassy odor that arise each time I turn on their heating system. I immediately brought this to their attention in February. To date this has not been addressed. I was promised a $500.00 rebate. I did not receive it. To summarize everything: DO NOT USE Komfort Plumbing and Heating, Inc. They are very unprofessional, unreliable, and will sell you a defective boiler and will not care about any of the inconvenience they caused. I requested several times that they come to my home to either fix the problem, or take out their defective product and replace it with a new one, or remove their defective boiler and refund my money. To date NOTHING has been resolved. Now I am in the process of starting legal actions against them. Everything I say is 100% true and I have proof. Komfort Plumbing and Heating, Inc Is a horrible company. I paid for the boiler in full upon instillation. They just took my money and left me with a defective boiler that does not heat the entire house. Cause gassy annoying sickening nauseous fumes, and as a result my electric and gas bills has drastically increased. They scammed me out of my money...they can do it to you too A new boiler is suppose to warm your home and save money. A professional company is suppose to respond/resolve your complaints and provide services provided under the warranty. Not ignore your complaints. If you know of any websites or organizations where I can file a complaint or warn other home owners about this horrible experienced I received from Komfort Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Please notify me ASAP.
North Babylon, New York