LendingTree - Messed Over

I am not one to write bad reviews - but my conscious is prompting me to share this because I don't want others to go through what we went through. I called Lending Tree back in mid-October, got a return call from a Royal United Mortgage rep. I wanted to see if I could get house refinanced. Owed 35K in back taxes, so I needed to refinance with cash out (only owe $39K on a house that is worth $130K) plus I wanted $13K for home repairs. Altogether, we were supposed to refinance $85K to pay off current mortgage, taxes, and walk out with cash for improvement on a 15-year loan. Agent said-no problem, we could have this done by the end of the month. I had all paperwork ready (since I had already been contemplating bankruptcy for tax reasons only - none of my bills was delinquent, not even the tax repayment agreement we were already in) and my credit score is decent. Long story short: we did face about a 10-day delay in getting IRS documents due to the govt. shutdown, but (six whole weeks later) as it was nearing time to close (and the IRS is now expecting a lump sum payment now because we requested payoff), these guys say: we can only do a 25-year loan, and the interest rate has gone up. At that point, since the IRS has sent us notice that we have to pay 35K in less than 30 days, I was willing to agree. But then, the next day these guys say: it has to be a 30-year loan, and you have to roll in one of your students loans and two small credit card balances (less than $1000 each), basically eating up all the rest of the cash for the home improvement. I mean, this is 6 weeks into it. As it turns out, somewhere along the way, these guys had rolled all this other stuff into the loan proposal without saying ONE WORD to me about it. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "We're almost done" and "Just one more thing" in the process. They kept making excuses about needing to do this-or-that because the government law says this and Texas law says that. I can't imagine, with as many loans as they process, certain requirements aren't know from the start. Just stringing me along. At the end of the day, we had to say "no" but we're still sitting here with this big $35K bill that is now due in 19 days because we've inadvertently expedited the IRS collection process. It's a bigger mess than it was before it all started. I was thinking about putting the actual agent/processors names in this email (they are two young guys), but if they get reprimanded or released because of my post, I don't want them harassing me - they do, after all, have documents containing ALL of my personal and financial information. I am not panicked because I know all things do work out for my good in the end anyway, and I have always had the intent of paying my tax bill so as not to be a deadbeat citizen. But just wanted to say: do not put your trust in them. They cannot deliver what they promise on the front end.
ID