North American Hunting Club - One more life member who lost out.

Along with many other life members, I apparently have lost the value I paid for a life membership IN NAHC. I did not receive any magazines or correspondence from the club for many months and tried to contact them and with no success. This was the second time since joining and becoming a life member that I had stopped receiving the magazines. Seeing the huge amount of similar complaints, questions, and comments, on line, I guess we all have lost. I can only hope that the persons who mismanaged this organization will somehow also be treated in the way that they treated all of the NAHC members. If anyone has any further more current information please forward it to me. Thank you, Richard
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Service
North American Hunting Club Membership
Cons
  • Dropped all benefits without any notice to members
NO LIFE MEMBERSHIP SERVICE - LOST MONIES
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Orthopedic Rehab Specialists - ORTHOPEDIC REHAB SPECIALIST OF ROCKFORD, BYRON, BELVIDERE, DIXON, & ROSCOE.

In my opinion, ORS (Orthopedic Rehab Specialists) is Not the caring compassion employer they claim to be. In March of this year I had to have a hip replacement. After a bacterial infection and numerous other problems, my wife, who has worked for ORS for over eleven years, and who had taken her vacation time to transport me to the nursing homes, hospitals, Dr. appointments, and many other appointments was given just over twenty-four hours to make a decision to either return to work on the next work day or retire. When she explained the serious problems I was having and asked for family medical leave she was told that they did not have to honor FMA because they had less than fifty employees. She then asked just to take unpaid leave and this request was also refused. The answer she received was "I have a business to run" my wife simply answered "you are asking me to chose between my job and my husband's life". She therefore lost her job. After many years of completing any task she was asked to do and being told many times "with us family comes first." she lost her job to care for the very seriously, life threating conditions, of her husband. This statement and the new attitude of this company does not prove to be the real thoughts and beliefs by the owners and managers as proven by their actions. I am sure this attitude will carry over to other employees and also to the entire business. I am feel that when the other employees asked what happened to my wife they where told "she retired to take care of her husband." THIS STATEMENT IS A TOTAL LIE. She was forced to leave (fired) for not being able to return to work immediately. Life has gone on, THANKS TO GOD AND MY WIFE, and we will work through all of the problems the decision of ORS has caused, but it will be very hard to forget, forgive or endorse this company. I also believe that what "goes around, comes around" but I also would like the other employees to know the real truth and not believe the lies that I am sure they have been told. GOD BLESS all and may your days be filled with lots of sunshine.
Rockford, Illinois
Cons
  • Decisions made by management
For Information Only

The Computer Guy / Gordon Kolm is Not knowledgeable

In our opinion the computer repair service provided by "The Computer Guy / Gordon Kolm is a total waste money and time. We found Gordon to be lacking in the knowledge to fix problems we had with our computers. After spending over $240.00 to correct a wireless problem we had with our printers we were told the problem was with our router. This was not at all true and after we demanded that he leave we reinstalled the printer drivers and had them up and working. NO ROUTER OR OTHER EQUIPMENT WAS REPLACED. I do not believe that Gordon is knowledgeable with the total computer Wi-Fi systems, but he sure is willing to charge a customer while he plays on the customers time and money. We would NEVER recommend his service to anyone and would suggest that if you are considering calling him for service that you rethink the decision. Gordon Kolm advertises and works under the name of "The Computer Guy" out of Beloit, Wisconsin and offers his services in the lower Wisconsin and north central Illinois area. PLEASE reconsider any decision to contact Gordon for any computer service or repair. We are familiar and used other techs and in our opinion Gordon is the worst, least informed, and most expensive tech we have ever known. Please learn from our expensive mistake and look further before you also make a mistake and waste your money Thank you
Caledonia, Illinois
Service
The Computer Guy Computer Repair
Cons
  • Unable to keep appointment times
  • His lack of knowledge
  • His wasted time and high charges
Not as described/ advertised
Price reduction

**ASHLEY FURNITURE**POOR QUALITY**DO NOT BUY !!!!**

We purchase a double reclining sofa from Ashley Furniture in Rockford, Illinois. The covering on the sofa was a simulated leather. This material is very poor quality and does not stand up to even light usage. The leather like covering is flaking off in many places leaving only the backing material. Only my wife and I live in the home and the sofa has had little use and the areas where the covering is flaking off would not be considered high wear/use areas. It was a huge mistake to believe the saleslady who told us that that simulated leather would wear extremely well, but then again we have also come to realize that Ashley salespeople are only interested in the dollars and not in customer service or satisfaction. It is extremely sad that a company like Ashley can sell furniture of such poor quality and they certainly do charge high prices. Both my wife and I have stated that we will never purchase anything from Ashley Furniture ever again! I would suggest that anyone who is shopping for furniture to look elsewhere and NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!!

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com.

Please put Pissed Consumer – and your name in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Thanks,

Daniel

ID
#902065 Review #902065 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Rockford, Illinois
Product
Ashley Furniture Durablend Leather Sofa
Cons
  • Quality of the furniture
  • It peeled away after a year
Bad quality

Chicago Gutterglove - GUTTER GLOVE PRO DID NOT WORK-JUNK-SAVE YOUR MONEY

I had the expensive Gutter Glove Pro install by Chicago Gutter Glove LLC located in Melrose Park, Illinois an after watching water overflow the protected gutters we called and they sent out a serviceman who said they were not correctly installed. He supposedly repaired them for us to only watch water overflow again the next time it rained. Even with a light rain we had the problem. After contacting the company again and having the owner schedule an appointment, for which he did not show up or call we were fed-up and filed a law suit. The judge agreed and ordered the company to pay back our cost of the guards and court costs. Since this order the company has ignored our request for payment and this will be again addressed in court. This system did not work and I would advise anyone not to install Gutter Glove Pro and definitely not do business with The Chicago Gutter Glove LLC. They are quick to take you money, do not install a gutter protection system that will work and then will not respond to our legal system. This is not a product or company I would ever recommend.

In response to this review we would like to point out that we did indeed respond to the legal system,this homeowner was refunded his money after we did everything we could for him. Gutter guards are not maintenance free regardless of the claims.

If large sticks and huge amounts of leafs gather in valleys ,you may need to clean it off. No claim is made by Gutterglove to be without some care. We would also like to point out that we ask to remove our product after refund was made and were not allowed to do so. So we have no proof it failed or was ever even removed.

We do not agree with the courts decision but we did pay as instructed. We feel strongly that this homeowner got a freebee and used our justice system to do it. Gutterglove is the highest rated gutter guard system by consumer reports for a reason , cause we are the best period.

Mention this report and we will double any of our competitions offers. 414-810-**** 847-791-**** gutterglove@***.com

@Gutterglove 0913

It is true that Chicago Gutterglove lost the lawsuit after the judge reviewed the evidence and we did receive our original cost back. It is totally untrue that we used the justice system to get a freebee!

We received our cost back ONLY after over twelve trips to the courthouse, watching our gutters to overflow for months, plant and shubs being damaged by roof overflow, our sump pumps running each time it rained, and the cost of replacing the gutter system. The Gutterglove Pro system has been removed and a new gutter system installed due to numerous screws, caulk and pieces riveted onto the previous gutters. It has been, once again, great to see the gutters control on recent heavy rains. The gutterglove pro system IS NOT on our house and it will never be again.

I believe the system did not work due to the extremely poor installation and also the fine screen that collected roof material and then it would not be able to collect rainwater. In court, Chicago/Milwaukee Gutteglove stated that the system did not work because we failed to clean the screen. Our question: if we must clean the screen what have we gained by installing a system that is supposed to keep the gutters clean? Seems to us that nothing is gained and after spending a large amount of money when you will have to clean the gutter protection system instead of the gutters.

Our advise is still the same. Anyone considering Gutterglove Pro please do some serious research on the system AND the installing company. If possibly speak to property owners who have had this system installed for some time.

It might look good on some salesmans sample or by a testing company with a new product, but please consider how it will preform after being in use for a year or two. As stated earlier the Gutterglove system is NOT on our home and we will not have anything to do with the product or Chicago/Milwaukee GutterGlove, LLC.

View more comments (1)