US Airways NEVER Again

Our flight was delayed out of Seattle for 3 hours due to US Airways mechanical difficulties. The flight itself, when it finally took off is 5 hours long. We missed connecting flight & missed the next connecting flight & forced to sit in Philadelphia airport with children for 5 hrs before the next flight. That's 13 hours and that was just the first leg of our trip. Was told they don't offer meal vouchers for flights that don't offer meals on them but we had to sit around for 8 hours with small children just on the first leg solely due to US Airways mechanical difficulties. US Airways behavior is rude and unprofessional. Had we arrived when we were scheduled to arrive we would have been at my parents in Albany just in time for breakfast and NOT have had to purchase food at the airport waiting 5 hours for a connecting flight due to no fault of our own. Even Southwest Airlines is better than this.
ID
Troy, New York
Cons
  • Rude staff
  • Customer service
  • Delays
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Sears Home Services - Sear Repair Customer Service Lying about warranty

I called Sears Repair service to fix my washer on 11-14. They had to find my purchase on their computer based on my old address since I had moved and the appliance was bought on my now ex's credit card but they found it and said my washer was under warranty so I wouldn't have to pay for the timer that was broken. I would have to pay the service charge of 79.00 which was fine. I know they found my record because they tried to sell me extended warranties on the dishwasher I had bought and I never mentioned even having a dishwasher. I specifically asked if the Tech would have the part on the truck since they have my model number on the computer and I knew what was wrong with the machine. I was assured that yes the Tech has the model number and he would have the part. The Tech showed up and looked at the machine and just as I suspected, the timer needed to be replaced. He quoted me over 300.00. I said my machine is under warranty and he said it wasn't. He couldn't find my record in his computer so I called customer service back and got a different lady who said no my machine is not under warranty. This is the old bate and switch. Get the tech out there and I have to pay the service charge and get me to pay the rest because they are there. The tech did not have the part on the truck and said he couldn't get a new one and he could sell me a refurbished part (but he didn't have that either). It would be a week to get that part. I had to give him 184.00 to order the part. I still owe 50.00 when they come back to install it. They bald face lied to me about the machine being under warranty. They are coming next week to finish the repair (I hope) but I will never use Sears Home Repair again.

Snowyegret2013,

We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation regarding your dishwasher. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how important it is to have your appliance repaired in a timely manner. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address you repair concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (snowyegret2013), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@***.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

@David Rde

First of all, my complaint was not about a dishwasher. This is not a good sign and lets me know that you all gave my complaint the most cursory glance and filled in what I'm sure in a premade line that you tell all customers.

That being said, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and respond as you instructed and hopefully your "dedicated case manager" will actually read my complaint. :?

View more comments (1)