We Heart Websites - Bait & Switch Web Designer

I hired Emily Kil at We Heart Websites for a personal project. We agreed on a $250 amount which was to be a design with 2 rounds of revisions. I received the initial design and had asked for the fist revision which I had received. When I had asked for the second revision I was told that I had no revisions left. The designed stated revisions are only changes to text and color. Of course this is after that fact and after I had paid the $250. I contacted paypal who could not help me as the only deal with physical products. I then contacted me credit card company who temporarily gave me a credit for the money until allow Emily Kil at We Heart Websites to respond. In the meantime I had posted a negative review of the designer for using bait and switch tactics. Months have now passed and I have just receive a nasty email from Emily Kil that if I did not remove my "honest" review, she would contact an attorney. Since then she has tracked down me personal place of business (which has nothing to do with the issue at hand) and she is posting negative comments about me on my company's facebook page and other social media sites. So she is posting dishonest reviews about a company she has never dealt with. Had the designer simply asked me to removed the review as a professional I would have done so. She has been terrible and unprofessional to say the least. I have asked her to stop posting negative comments on my company sites to which she has replied "game on".

Emily is a good person that is trying her best on the business. Im sorry for what was happen.

I cant judge who tells the truth nor side with every story that is posted. 250$ is a steal at its price but yeah 250$ is still a hard earned money who could have let go of that price. I guess it was bad times to your business so you couldnt accept the fact that you loose. but business is taking the risk of uncertainty and facing a multitude of adversity and keep moving forward.

dont ever loose hope i hope you find it in your heart to forgive. not all person can bear every defeat but i think you will be successful if you dont ever give up. Just let go of the past and may this be a critical information for what was happen.

that you know now what happen if you deal with Emily again so move on with your life. Have a nice life!

Mignonne Design was my portfolio website back in 2007-**** when i was freelancing at that time. When I stopped freelancing, the domain name was bought by someone else and I have no affiliation with Mignonne Design at this time.

FYI: You can get a site for $250, but do your research first and know who are dealing with. Emily Kil is possibly also using the name Daisy McCall - http://www.yelp.com/biz/mignonne-design-san-francisco (Yelp shows Mignonne Design with Emily Kils ph#) When you go to http://www.mignonnedesign.com/ - that site is so ugly, I wouldn't pay them to do anything.

Get solid referrals because emilykil.com is not a website - it is a pdf document.

At best, Emily Kil is good secretary/salesman/ - but not a web designer. Oh yeah, Daisy McCall is using an email address that generates fake email addresses ;)

#782028

emily kil is a spammer!

#781915

a web site for $250?

sorry to say it, but if you believed you would get anything of quality for that amount you got what you deserve.

View more comments (4)