Update by user May 17, 2019

on april 15 i asked again of mr smith to repair my roof and i gave him an ultimatum. he agreed to repair my roof but he still did not show up or refund the deposit. im going in circles.

Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2019
on march 27, 2019 i wanted to repair the roof. i contacted clayton smith and he wanted $1900 for the job. he wanted half down in cash so i obliged. a few days later i changed my mind and opted to replace the roof instead. clayton said he would refund my payment in 7-10 days. i never got a refund. i dont think ever intended to do the roof. this is fraud and theft. i found other people he did this to. i just want to recover funds so i can replace the roof.
Service
Slocum And Smith Of Canton Customer Care
Pros
  • Refund
Cons
  • Fraud
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Full refund

NRP Construction - Be wary of this roofing company

Update by user Apr 16, 2019

after months and months of trying to get a resolution, the company decided to refund all that ive paid thru arbitration with home advisor.com.

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2019
disclaimer: DO NOT PAY FOR WORK UNLESS YOU ARE SURE IT WAS COMPLETED. i hired tony miller to repair/replace my roof-gutter/downspout,soffit/fascia fall of 2018. these buildings had violations. i paid $6000 and had to cancel the check because he did not complete the work. he refunded $1200. then the city sent me more violation notices to say that the violations still exists. he refunded another $2400. 3 days ago march 13, 2019 there was a storm and shingles blew off the roof and there was a roof leak. since i have a warranty i wanted him to fix his work. he refused. he said i should go thru insurance. photos he was supposed to take originally he never produced. i found out later that roofers use google to give an estimate. tony miller never physically went to the houses and got on the roof like he said he did. i wont be surprised if there was another company that he had and stopped using it cause of so many negative reviews.
Service
Nrp Construction Roofing
Pros
  • Fast response
Cons
  • Unethical
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

5 Star Construction and Renovation Services - Beware of these contractors

the contractors robert and homer key were paid in full to fix this small house and they have not completed the project and are MIA. im tired of the apologies and excuses so im mitigating my damages. im went to home advisor to find this contractor so I don't know how things went so wrong. I paid in cash mostly so the credit card company cant help me. im on my own here. total of everything I paid so far is $15,348.99 I had a couple contractors in my city look at the contracts I have with five star and they found a bunch of discrepancies. for example, the time that it takes to do an item or the price they are charging for an item were way off. im also charged for items I don't see in the house that's new. we are talking milwauke prices not new York city which is much higher. I think I have falling into the trap of out of state landlords who get duped because they are not on the job site. one day in june I showed up to the property and it looked staged. I saw a lot of guys working left and right but why is it august and the house looks the same as it did back in june? I just want to move on and get my money back so a professional contractor can get the house done. the city of Milwaukee sent me a list of qualified contractors so im getting estimates now.so much for home advisor helping me out here. im going to press charges for theft.

They did the same thing to me. File a complaint with the BBB.

@Anonymous

I filed a complaint with the BBB but 5 star never responded and BBB never listed the complaint on their site they just closed the case. well the government now has a case against 5 star and its listed on BBB so I now feel better that they don't keep ripping people off. im going to keep an eye on them cause all they need to do is start a ne business and a new name.

@Anonymous

I just filed a negative review with BBB. They took it, took all the names and addresses out, and put it up in 3 business days.

Put up a review if you aren't filing small claims. The partner, Robert Key is still doing business as 5 Star but taking payments made to him personally. That is what he did to me.

I have a significant loss, although not as bad as the review with the small house. I'm going to call the DA in Milwaukee, Wi.

View more comments (2)
ID
#452026 Review #452026 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hayes Realty - Unethical management company

I hired mehgan mcdonald as my property manager in November 2012 and she did not do a good job of managing my property. the house was furnished and she insisted that we do a clean out in order to rent it out. I reluctantly agreed to this and was specific in what items were to be left in the house. she stole the new deepfreeze, fireplace, 7 air conditioner, and other items. she had the only keys to the property and the doors were always locked so she suggested in court that there may have been a break in.it was her responsibility to care for my property as if it was hers,right? not fit to be a property manager at all.
ID
#452022 Review #452022 is a subjective opinion of poster.