Resolved: Lowes ignores the customer

Update by user Dec 11, 2017

Jessica called me from the store and was more than gracious about hearing my issues and then agreeing to waive the return period for the pressure washer. I was wrong about the 90 day, it is actually 30.

We both agreed that, although unrelated to my recent visits, the waiver would certainly make me feel better about continuing to shop at Lowes and I will. The return was a breeze - the model I had was not available but they happily gave me a store credit which I used at a different Lowes to purchase the washer. It is worthy to note that she did not mention my review here.

If she was aware of it she didn't say so or ask for a retraction. I say well done Lowes!

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2017
I won't go into long boring detail. I will just say that it is useless to contact customer care. I had three visits to Lowes in a row which not only resulted in not getting what I needed but left me feeling frustrated at the lack of knowledge and interest displayed on those visits. Customer care promised a call back from a store manager which did not happen. The second time I contacted them a marketing manager was to call me back which I correctly assumed would not happen either. It is clear that customer care is there to insulate customers from upper management and not to resolve issues. I even had a simple request for resolution - a waiver of the 90 day return policy for a pressure washer that failed after six hours of use - which was flatly denied. It had failed before the 90 day time period but because of Harvey we were unable to make it in time. Every other business in Houston and others with Houston clients bent over backwards to assist Houstonians affected by Harvey. Maybe Lowes did too, but not with me.

Contracted Lowes to build an entry ramp with a 14x14 deck to the tune of 17k. The only thing they’ve done efficiently is cash my check 2 months ago.

Contract has start date of 7/29. As of today 8/7 nothing has begun.

Seems to me that that voids the contract and I am entitled to a full refund. What are my chances?

Those pressure washers you buy at the box stores are crap. All of them.

#1402054

Lowe’s return policy state that Outdoor Power Equipment(including pressure washers), is 30 days. Unless you purchased the Lowe’s Extra Protection Plan, your issue is with the manufacturer.

Most pressure washers come with a one year limited warranty. Perhaps you should take it up with them.

@1592PCFL

Guess I didn't need to! Lowes took it back for me! I hope you feel better though.

View more comments (3)
Resolved
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

MensUSA - Pissed Consumer allows shilling

I come here to be entertained by the entitled whiners, not a bunch of people shilling for MensUSA. The reviews are so fake it is unreal. No reasonable person would believe that they are genuine. Of course, they are doing themselves a disservice by posting here. What do they think will happen when a potential customer googles MensUSA? The first hits will be from Pissed Consumer. Do you think they will investigate further or move on to another company search? I think people will see that there are postings here and assume they are complaints. Of course PC is really here to sell ads so I don't imagine they care much.

I think the sharp ones that come here to be entertained by be entitled whiners can spot those fake plugs, just like that spam below. They're pathetic.

Yay, it's fun trolling the entitled whiners! They get so defensive.

ID
#462018 Review #462018 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Home Services - SEARS - Not honoring Master Protection Agreement in a timely manner

Update by user Oct 25, 2013

Sears has taken care of this beyond my expectations. I have been given a very fair credit to purchase a new refrigerator. Although I was initially aggravated by the process I will say it was worth waiting for and actually done within a reasonable time frame.

Original review posted by user Oct 22, 2013
I have a Kenmore refrigerator. It developed a freon leak and I called for service. The first tech replaced the compressor (took care of the symptom but not the disease) Two days later it failed. A different tech came and recharged freon (Freon is not consumed - when it is low on freon there is a leak) Two days later, another failure. They determined it was unrepairable and would be replaced under the Master Protection Agreement. They promised resolution in 24-48 hours. It is now four days after the last tech came and they have still not arranged for a replacement. MPA department tells me that the claim is being made under the manufacturer's warranty and NOT the MPA that I paid for. They say they have no say-so regarding the time it takes to process so I should wait. So now, since October 10, we have not had a working refrigerator and have lost food three times. We have had to order out most nights for the whole family. I will file the food loss claim but I suspect they will find away around that too.
#731929

MikeBrady,

We truly apologize for the disappointing experience you have encountered with your refrigerator repair. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We can truly understand how important it is to have a working refrigerator. We would like to provide you with some available options that may assist in correcting the problems you are experiencing. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (MikeBrady), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@***.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

The Master Service Agreement picks up AFTER the manufacturer warranty expires. Read it, it tells you this in writing.

Now, for them to conclude within less than a week of service calls that the product needs replaced is awesome service. MOST product warranties make you wait months and have several visits to make this decision.

I realize this is inconvenient, but you have to allow the replacement to be done under their contract, and the manner they do them. You can always file your loss of food under your homeowner's insurance.

@Andrea

Now why would I file food loss under my homeowners when Sears is responsible under the terms of the MPA contract (I guess that wasn't on your copy). Also I have my MPA in front of me and you are wrong.

If you can get hold of MY contract and show me elsewise, then I might give some creedence to your claims. Maybe you could specify the companies that make you wait months. Of course, in order to verify your statement about "Most" product warranties, you would have to be familiar with all of them.

Show your work for credit! I mean, you did put "most" in all caps, so you must be pretty sure to make that claim.

View more comments (2)