Budget Car Sales - Scammed by Budget Car Rentals,Edinburgh Airport

On holiday from Canada.Needed one -way car rental to go to London . Ordered economy car on-line. Counter salesman suggested upgrade for better comfort. Offered me Ford Mondeo 32 pounds per day ,instead of 67. On receiving final invoice ,found I had been charged full price.Plus had charges for theft and windshield insurance ,that did not ask for.Contacted customer support head office to investigate.Told that nothing can be done because I had signed for everything on Rental Contract. On viewing a copy of the contract ,blanket circling of charges had been added after my departure.Truly pissed

Sounds like the same Budget I know in the States. I avoid this company for many of the exact same reasons you describe.

Unfortunately, sometimes I get a car rental on "a reliable company that well tell you after you pay this excellent low price". Then I find out it is Budget and say bad things under my breath. I KNOW how bad Budget is before I even walk in the door, so I bring along my spouse and we, as a couple, raise *** VERY LOUDLY the second something goes awry. So far, I've raised *** four times in the past 18 months.

Fortunately, I'm not typically in a hurry like many airport passengers and I "stick to my guns". I've even gone so far as to get customer service (Budget) on the speaker phone turned up full blast and let them know what the counter agents are doing and that I don't like that kind of service so will they get a supervisor to help me fix it? I've also demanded the site supervisor deal with the problems. PROBLEMS: Forced upgrades (every time), wouldn't recognize my perfectly legitimate driver's license and wanted to cancel the transaction, won't recognize my ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL insurance company with $100 deductible for damages, put an unusually high hold rate on my credit card ($250 for a $30 local rental), lost my reservations, deleted the entire transaction, lost it, and had to recreate it from scratch at STILL the wrong rate (I didn't accept the rate until it was at or below my reservation rate...

amazing how many rates they can come up with for the same transaction.) Meanwhile, my spouse is loudly restating all of our previous interactions and how it demonstrates this company is totally messed up. (Bad enough the other customers in other lines have stopped to see what's up with us.) At a certain point, you can be sure, management is really wanting to just get us out of there so it doesn't affect their other customers listening in who will shortly be getting exactly the same treatment. Now, I find it beneficial to post my experiences online, like this.

GO BUDGET! (By the way, the truck rental company by the same name has been nothing but spectacular and I've used them many times as well, I can't believe they are the same company!)

ID