Junior Reviewer

GOWireless Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park, CA FRAUD!

I cannot begin to describe how disgusted I am with GoWireless as a company, their N.P. store manager Matt, as well as Verizon to a lesser degree, and I will describe our experience in great detail. Similar to what Patrick W here experienced, my Mother and 16yr old Daughter were not only completely and utterly defrauded at this store by a salesman who not only used profanity to describe some of the HTC 1 phones negatively, but when I was made aware of the fraud, went in personally to handle it with the manager Matt, his lack of any actions or promised follow through made it clear that this is how they do business and is indicative of GoWireless as a company. This all started back in August, when my daughter broke her HTC 1, and went into our local GoWireless store here on Broadbeck Dr., in the Islands shopping center. My Mom took her, since they share a plan together. The salesman they dealt with was aggressive and pushy, and put a bad taste in my daughters mouth. She wanted another HTC 1, as she was already familiar with it, and does very little beyond using it for calls and texting, but the salesman told her that she didn't want that phone, it was, Quote, "A Piece of S#I!" and that she should only get the top of the line HTC model, the HTC 10. He told them that they were eligible for a "Free Upgrade", and conveniently left out that the the full price of the phone would be amortized on her bill. My Mother, being on a fixed income, would certainly not have agreed to the $700+ phone, no how/no way. Once I was made aware of her now nearly $200 bill, 2 months later after she was complaining of the second bill in a row that was now doubled, I called Verizon to find out what was going on. The Verizon rep explained that this new HTC 10 phone had had been added to the account, as well as insurance on both phones, (My Mother's phone is 4 years old and doesn't need a $15 per month plan!). The Verizon rep also expressed disdain over the situation, and was very apologetic on behalf of Verizon, indicating that these types of situations were anything but uncommon. She said that these Verizon affiliates are well known for these types of tactics, and unfortunately, there was nothing she could do, this would have to be taken up with GoWireless directly. I called this local GoWireless to find out who the manager was, and after a week, was finally able coordinate time off from work to go in and talk directly with the Manager, Matt. I wanted to give him the opportunity to rectify this issue, and so my Mother and I explained the situation. Matt indicated that he knew who the salesman was, and also alluded to acknowledging that this was anything but the first time there have been issues with that employee. Unfortunately, that salesman no longer works at that location. Matt expressed what appeared to be genuine concern, and promised that he would call me back with an update regarding what could be done on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Monday came and went, Tuesday also, then Wed/Thurs/Friday...... no reply. I called Saturday and talked to Matt. It took him a bit to remember who I was/what the situation was, and then just indicated that he had not heard back from anyone at corporate-no mention of why he had not bothered to follow up with a reply earlier to me as promised to indicate this. At this point, his demeanor was one of indifference, and I was done with wasting anymore valuable time waiting for him to do nothing. I asked for his superior's number, and indicated I would take it from here. I will be contacting Verizon, HTC, the BBB, as well as local media sources, I already have all the contacts from my TV/Motion Picture Product Placement company. The CV here is a realistically small/tight knit community, word gets around quick. It's unfortunate that I do not have positive feedback for GoWireless.
Thousand Oaks, California
Gowireless Sales Representative
Cons
  • Will not go back
Fraudulent sales tactics

Resolved: Sfx Preferred Resorts - SFX rip off timeshare scam co conspirators

Update by user Aug 24, 2016

Filled a complaint with the BBB this month, and FINALLY got a response from the CEO, Cory Phelps. He indicated that his team there was looking into the details of this over 2 months ago, and despite that statement, has no real numbers to confirm with us, let alone any details of our account, but made a "1 time offer of an arbitrary $1500" which does not correlate to any actual numbers-and remember-SFX has REFUSED to provide us with ANY contract paperwork-WE HAVE ZERO details about anything on paper with what we've been scammed into.

What kind of legitimate company operates like that?! SO DISGUSTED with SFX and how they have treated my wife and I, the best we can hope for is to educate others out there about SFX so that they don't make the same mistake and get involved with them.

Update by user Jul 18, 2016

I contacted several of SFX's top executives via email on June 16th through LinkedIn, and only one responded, a Cory Phelps, C.O.O. He replied that he would, "Please be patient as I review your case".

Over a month later here, as well as several follow up emails by me, and there has been zero communication from Cory.

This is not how a respectable company does business, and further proof of why it's so important to warn others of SFX.

Far from done here, and will update as this unfolds.

Update by user Jun 17, 2016

Just overall we are very disappointed about the ugly truth of the Mexico timeshare scam industry as a whole, and can't believe that an American company with a BBB rating would get involved in all of that.

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2016
During one of our stays in Cabo San Lucas, my wife and I got sucked into a timeshare presentation that was presented, as we later learned, as being horribly misrepresented and fraudulent with respect to what was promised. After some significant phone calls and emails to both government and media officials, we were able to get a full refund from the bogus timeshare company, which speaks VOLUMES about the negative impacts that the timeshare company wanted to avoid. Among our "Package", was a "Membership" to SFX, along with a whole host of promises and explanations of how the program works. Again, everything seemed too good to be true, but we were assured that we would get all the benefits outlined in our presentation. During the course of the 5+ hour presentation, along with several alcoholic beverages provided free of charge to both my wife and I, we signed our paperwork and were on our way. Once we returned home, we realized that we were not given A SINGLE PIECE of contractual paperwork for our SFX "Membership"- Not a SINGLE piece. Nothing to even indicate what the program was officially, all we had was the hand written promises of our salesman. (Good enough for SFX guidelines??) After spending significant time trying to use our timeshare membership, (Unsuccessfully), we began to see that we were completely ripped off, and spent our time taking steps to ultimately get a full refund back on the timeshare purchase. Around the same time, my wife was contacted by SFX via phone and told that our membership had been cancelled, (Despite almost $2000 that they already had been paid!!), and that they needed another additional $500+ to reinstate the membership, otherwise we would loose EVERYTHING!!! The tactic was exceptionally high pressure and relentless, and my wife felt like we had no choice but to pay it, in the interest of keeping the account active for fighting purposes. So now we are $2500+ into a "Membership" that not only do we not have a single document for, signed or otherwise, but we were told did not have anywhere near the benefits that we were sold. My wife's calls to SFX just resulted in rhetoric and run around about how it's actually a good company and we got a good deal. We are a large family and both of us work, we have very little "Free" time, and getting scammed by an American company like this is not something we ever expected to deal with, but here we are. We will be posting on every social media site out there, contacting our local and state government representatives, as well as the Mexico tourism fraud prevention agencies, (Yes, there actually is a division there for these things, that's how common timeshare fraud is in Mexico!!). We will also be posting articles in our local papers, as well as contacting the various media outlets that also take interest in scams. It is so refreshing that there are outlets like PISSED CONSUMER to help give a voice to everyone and everyone, and we will be making a contribution to PC here upon the successful conclusion of this matter. We will give regular updates here, as well!
#1205406

Rip off artists lay waist to Mexico time share buyer beware BOGUS BOGUS

Resolved
Moreno Valley, California
Sfx Preferred Resorts Membership
Cons
  • Very unhappy thus far
Not as described/ advertised
Junior Reviewer

PremierPropertyManagements Com - Premier Property Managements in Mexico is a SCAM!!!

While vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, my wife and I became involved in a Timeshare purchase that ended up being a complete scam with regards to promises made, both verbally, and in writing. I am happy to report that we have come to an acceptable ending with the timeshare company. All that is left is to do the same with the "Add on" scam purported by the now named Premier Property Managements, (Previously called "Premier Property Management" in our contract). We were charged $599 for a service that we have in writing included "Marketing" our extra weeks worth of timeshare inventory for $6000, to be paid in February of years 2014-****. Not only did PPM not fulfill their contractual obligations, the over 4 dozen documented phone calls to them in a 4 month period ended up being a complete waste of time. The representatives on the phone kept making up reasons why they were late on making good with this documented contract obligation, always promising that it would be soon. They were additionally going to consolidate other properties of ours, and even went as far as to put down a fraudulent name of the "Supposed" buyer, who of course evaporated once it was time to close escrow. Many times we were told that a PPM representative would contact us with an update on both our escrow and rental disbursements, yet AT NO TIME DID A PPM REP EVER CONTACT US. What kind of legitimate operation does not ever call its clients? The answer is simple-NO legit operation. A simple online search also turns up many other angry people defrauded exactly the same by this "Operation". Mexico timeshare Scams are well documented in the last few years especially, as consumers become more savvy to the details of how these operations exist and do business, and this company, PPM, is no different. For $599, we got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, except a waste of money and time trying to chase them down to find out why they could not make good on A SINGLE THING PROMISED IN WRITING, as well as explained originally during our timeshare presentation. Not only have we reported this outfit to the Mexico timeshare authorities, but we are reporting them to state and National authorities, as well as top news agencies and other relevant recipients. The main points of contact at PPM appear to be a Mr. Gilbert Castro and a Mr. David Fox, operating out of Puerto Vallarta, where many other boiler room type operations currently exist. On 7-7-2015, we sent PPM an official email response asking for our $599 back, based on lack of fulfilling their contract obligations. This email was in response to a phone call I had made a day earlier where the representative on the phone made a bunch of excuses why they never were able to fulfill their agreement, and could not put me through to a manager because no one else was there. "No one else was there??" What kind of legitimate operation has no one else there, especially a manger? The answer is of course the same-NO LEGITIMATE OPERATION!! After the same run around, I indicated that I wanted to cancel our "Membership". I was almost immediately emailed a "Settlement and Release" form, and was dumbfounded by some of the verbiage in it, specifically the part that said " No party admits blame or liability" and goes on to say, in bold type no less " all parties agree to keep the PPM and the existence of this Settlement and Release strictly confidential"??!! WHAT ARE THEY HIDING, THAT REQUIRES THIS IN WRITING? But it gets better...... the next paragraph, also in bold, reads "Member agrees to retract all past negative activity, and not to participate in any future negative activity which is intended to, or which has the effect of, damaging the reputation or business of PPM, or any affiliate, or interfering with their relationships with their customers or potential customers. This includes, without limitation, posting comments or other information on websites and distribution of written materials in any manner. Member agrees to advise all parties to whom Member may have made complaint that the complaint has been "satisfactorily resolved"??!! NOW WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY? EXACTLY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE, THEY ARE A TOTAL SCAM! Fortunately for us, we have signed no such paperwork, and thus are free to help educate the entire world here about PPM and what they are really about. Even the phone representative seemed completely indifferent about our issues, and all but encouraged us to take steps to expose PPM in an effort to get our $599 back, and so here we are. I will be contacting an extensive amount of recipients regarding this issue, as previously indicated, from lawmakers to law enforcement, news agencies and online blog, website, social media outlets and even Change.org campaigns, and I will be updating this post with the most current information.
#1197465

My husband and i just came back from pueblo bonito cabos and we bought a share and im so nervous about it maybe you can emailme to educate me on this please

We got scammed by the Mayan, is that who this PPM was through? Mexico can kiss our tourism dollars goodbye, good job, dummies!!

Hey Mexico tourism board, take note-enough people are being educated about the nonsense and outright criminal activities going on all over your country with operations just like PPM, Los Cabos Golf Resort, The Mayan and their BS "Bliss" packages, etc, etc.... keep this *** up and places like Cancun will be ghost town where you won't even be able to give chicklets away.

Last time I checked, that place had NO gross domestic product, and relies SOLELY on tourism. This kind of *** that you allow to go on in your country will be your downfall..!

I was successful in getting all my money back from a timeshare scam, I used one of the many companies that help consumers out in this instance, and they were excellent. Maybe try to use them if you need? Good luck!!

All timeshares are a scam, always have been and always will be, when will people learn...??!!

Unbelievable that "Timeshares" even still go on, I've heard some real doosies from people in the past to. As a travel agent I tell everyone I talk to about watching out for these kind of sheisters, always glad to add one more scam outfit like PPM to my list of scammers to warn against and stay updated on. Thanks for the post!

Get those dirt balls and update us when you do. I've heard of more and more news agencies interested and doing expose's on these fraudulent operations, that should definitely be in your arsenal. Good luck!!

All Mexican timeshares are a scam. You can buy time at any of them through Groupon or ebay etc...all their promises are never followed through, and they just keep trying to confuse people with terms like fractional ownership, etc....

get the word out to everyone. These side companies like PPM are the worst of the ***, with no real physical presence, just an online boiler room type scammers.

#1022002

Screw that company, a friend got scammed by them through the Luxxury Leisure golf resort scam in Cabo, *** of the earth!!

#1020733

Total scammers, be glad it was only $600!!

View more comments (11)
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
Cons
  • Complete and utter scam-do not get involved with them
We were scammed
Junior Reviewer

NIKKEN terrible customer service/products-obvious reason why they are not sold in stores when they can bury C.S. issues this way!

Gaboy, that's some great "Fanboy" advice, thanks, but it skirts the issue and is not helpful. I bought from an authorized dealer, who is/was no longer a dealer once the problem arose. If I could have bought through a "Normal" outlet like a store, considering they would still be in business, there would be no issue. As it stands, the issue arose through no fault or doing of my own, and so, NIKKEN, take notice, I'm actively spreading the word to ALL that I encounter on a daily basis here in Los Angeles. I own a Product Placement production company, so I deal with a staggering amount of people from the executive levels on down, at EVERY major motion picture studio. I'll eat the $80 and chalk it up too experience, what I won't do is let others befall the same fate that may not be able to so easily loose $80. Thanks for trolling the forums and adding what was useless information, it allowed me to give an update here that you can take back and show your bosses there at Nikken so they can see what $80 worth of publicity has bought them, thanks! :)

I was asked by Nikken to help them improve their product presentation & user friendliness. My team has analyzed their model and found it needs to be updated to match today's online shopping tendencies and be at par with the more notable retail & e-commerce platforms.

Product support and customer service go together & I think these are the main areas that need improvement.

Do you think this is the main problem OR do you think that they have quality & ethical issues?

Sincerely,

Aaron Ohan

arahorizon@***.net

#1042035

Heard about this post on social media and had to check it out, my neighbor used to be part of this pyramid scam called Nikken, what a joke!!

Yep, the AMWAY reference is pretty accurate, and says volumes about them as a company. I personally would never buy their products, I've heard about too many dissatisfied consumers over and over again. It had far outweighed the positive, so what does that say....?

Yeah, those insoles suck, and Nikken is little more than a modern day AMWAY. Only people dumb enough to but into a product that you can only get through a "dealer" is the first red flag of many.

Sorry to say, but if you were dumb enough to drink their coolaid..... ;)

What product did you have trouble with.

All warranties are limited to a certain extent.

Be more specific so we can judge for ourselves.

I've used their products for 20 years.

No complaints but a lot of comfort and off blood pressure mess after 19 years do to Nikken Nutritionals.

@Anonymous

Hey Anonymous, it says in several different places that he got the insoles. I'd check out those nutritionals you've been using, either something is happening to your eyesite, or they are messing with your ability to read and comprehend ;)

View more comments (5)
Newbury Park, California
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
A non defective pair of insoles, as paid for.
Junior Reviewer

Vida Vacations - Los Cabos salesman lied to us!

This whole bliss ownership is quite upsetting to us since we were made to believe that we were purchasing real property with our bliss purchase. Our salesperson and his manager went into great detail about how the bliss ownership was an investment and not like the other timeshare we own since supposedly the bliss ownership is a private residency club that would uphold its value like a house. However, when we spoke with salespeople at another of their locations, we were totally shocked to find out that we did not own the private residency club and needed to pay almost $20,000 for the grand mayan ownership with residency club. Later in the week, we find out that the company does offer a private residency club but not in the grand mayan ownership like we were told when asked to spend another $20,000. Needless to say that we were totally ticked off at this point. When we purchased the bliss ownership our salesperson also told us that we would be able to easily sell back the weeks for $1,000 per week and even got a discount off the price, but after taking a second look at the contract we signed the discount is not mentioned anywhere in our paperwork. It leads us to believe that the original price that was shown to us was not the real price after all. We were also told that starting in the 6th year of ownership we would be able to contact the marketing department and continue to sell back our weeks for $1,000 per week. This was a major reason why we bought into the bliss ownership since we already owned another timeshare but after reading many online comments it appears that our salesperson and his manager crossed the line here making us believe we would get future financial returns from this so-called investment. We also find being certificate holders is not what we thought we were investing into. Once again we were told that we were buying real property. But none of this is true we come to find out. We are really fed up with being lied to and have contacted the customer service support team to make them aware of the lies that have been told to us that convinced us to purchase.

To whom it may concern, Please disregard my recent email about our issues with the Bliss Resorts in Los Cabos Mexico since the company has gone about resolving our complaints. At this time all of our issues have been satisfactorily resolved and we now wish to retract our statements.

Carl and Rachel Campbell

Baja California Sur, Mexico
Not as described/ advertised

Nikken - Cult/scam operation

Bought a set of magnetic inserts at a neighbors "Nikken" party. Seemed like a good product, and got caught up in all the hoopla at the party. Well, neighbor has moved, and one of the two inserts have almost completely disintegrated, (Only one?!). Called Nikken, and was told I need the original receipt proving we bought them from an authorized dealer, otherwise they can't do ANYTHING. Very odd, considering now that I'm having a problem and looking into it, I realize some very important facts; #1, these are not sold in stores anywhere #2, There are no known forgeries of this product #3, Unless you stay in constant contact with whoever you buy these from, you'd better make sure they are a recognized dealer, and that you save your receipt, because without it, you'll just end up feeling even dumber than you did when you overpaid for poor quality the first time around. Lesson learned, and it only cost $80, and a few wasted hours of our Friday night a year ago. Good thing I'm rich....

Nikken has great customer service when you buy from an authorized dealer. Most large companies have the requiment of either returning to dealer or providing receipt of purchase. Nothing unusual about that.

Remind me NOT to attend these selling events again, the value for the money falls far short, and ends up wasting valuable time :(

View more comments (1)
Junior Reviewer

STOLEN UPS package and subsequent cover up

Update by user Dec 27, 2013

After an alleged internal investigation, UPS personnel determined there was nothing more that they could do, not that anything had been "Done" to begin with.

This was a very sobering experience. Sobering to the point that I will impart it to everyone I meet in the hopes that I can keep anyone else from having the same thing happen to them.

Aside from the gross inconsistencies in the package handling, from the boxes being opened and contents transferred while in UPS hands, to the internal cover up and subsequent denial of claims, even thought they admit to "Loosing" one of the two boxes.

Very, very disappointed in how UPS choose to disappear a paid for shipment, then cover up and refuse to make good in the end. Not what I would expect from a company claiming to be a world class establishment.

I sincerely hope no one else ever has to be subjected to the same series of events from UPS.

Original review posted by user Oct 30, 2013
As if all the stories about UPS and the corrupt inner workings of theft aren't enough for a clean up of their image, (FedEx doesn't have this reputation), the theft steamrolls on there. After having 2 very large boxes with very important contents dropped off at the local Newbury Park branch, not only was the requested insurance dropped from both of them, but the boxes were opened, (Retaped with different tape), one box disappeared altogether, and the other box was packed with the lesser value items and send to it's final destination. The box that showed up was not the same weight as the original manifest showed, it was off by a whopping 8lbs. Further evidence of "Issues" with the shipping came in the form of the complete lack of tracking information as it traveled across the country. The other box shows it never even left the dock here?! After getting the complete run around from all available UPS personnel, (Have you ever tried to deal with UPS for a claim?-Then you know!), a nerve was finally struck and corporate contacted me and instated an investigation. In the end, it was all a dog and pony show, at one point, a potential for a police report was made mention of, but they never followed through with that. No explanation was made for how the wrong contents were delivered in the wrong box with the wrong weight, never mind how such a large box and large contents could "Vanish". Camera's are allegedly in place at the facility, but conveniently not accessible for any reference for this issue. Bottom line, there is ZERO confidence in UPS or their ability to ship a package without damage or theft, let alone have the insurance be kept on a package. With so many other options out there, many being less expense and more reliable, I simply cannot think of a single reason to use UPS over any of them...?

you're a liar, plain and simple. you work for a major motion picture company but have rudimentary english and grammar.

if your item was stolen, call the police. you won't though, because the truth is you have some axe to grind with ups and will make up stuff on the internet instead.

What were the important contents in the boxes?

View more comments (1)
Newbury Park, California

Stolen package from UPS SORT faciclity

I cannot stress enough how displeased I am with my most recent dealing with UPS. In May of 2013, my company shipped out thousands of dollars in product placement items from Ca. to La. for use on set in a major motion picture. The items were sent on the production companies shipping account. Two boxes were sent, both identical in size, 4'x3'x10", approx. 20lbs each. Both boxes were unmarked so that the contents were not known to anyone other than the UPS counter person representative. One of the boxes made it to the destination, the other box NEVER EVEN LEFT THE UPS SORT FACILITY HERE IN NEWBURY PARK. Both boxes were specified to carry full coverage insurance, yet when the claim was made, neither box showed coverage. To make matters worse, the box that did make it had different packing tape than it was shipped with. Talking with the loss prevention manager here at the NP UPS location, he had no answers or explanation why such a large package not only never left his location, but how it just "Vanished" without a trace. It is clear that something dishonest has been in play at this location, and I am very disappointed with this whole experience. UPS's help through this whole issue has been even less than helpful. I have been sharing this story with hundreds of industry personnel, and have come to find out that many others have had less than desirable dealings with UPS, also. I will be continuing to get resolution for this issue, and informing the public of my situation so as to help anyone else from having the same issue I have.

ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES INDEED-NO EXCUSE!

Thousand Oaks, California