Sony vpc laptops crash suddenly

I purchased a Sony laptop 2 years ago--it's a pink vpcsb31fx and I paid almost 800.00 for the laptop. Last night it stopped working right in the middle of a web search and wouldn't turn back on. It was plugged in and the charger light was on, but the laptop light was not on. We got on your website and there was no email contact, only phone We called, were put on hold for 20 min and got a person who was difficult to understand bc of her thick accent. We it would cost 300.00 to repair this unit even though it is clearly an issue with product quality and defect.. This is a 2 yo unit. I have had this problem with no other computer ever. I got online and found that this is a very common issue with Sony vpcs. It's bad enough that a sony produces defective products, but to find sony is unreceptive to customers and not get any resolution from sony after they market something they didn't properly research destroys my trust in sony. I have a house full of sony products--dvd players, e laptops, 5 netbooks to name a few. After this, I have lost faith in sony products and will buy from other manufacturers from now on. In the interim, people need to be warned about this product and this company. Clearly, Sony does not listen.
ID