Sony Vaio

I purchased a Sony Vaio because I'd previously had one that lasted about four years with very little problems, which I thought was pretty good for a computer these days. The first night I received the computer it started to randomly crash every once in a while (I would just restart and hope it didn't happen again). I should have taken this as the sign I needed to return it immediately, but I didn't. About 4 or 5 months later, I opened the laptop one day to find when I turned it on the screen appeared to be cracked. It actually wasn't cracked (and you could tell when the screen was turned off). There seems to be a small indentation at the top of the screen where the glass meets the plastic, near the center of the computer. I assume this was caused from normal use (opening the laptop with one finger in the middle, as I've always done with any laptop). I believe the craftsmanship was so worthless that it broke. I sent the computer to Sony and they told me it was "physical damage," and wanted to charge $200 to fix it. I told them I had never dropped it and this was a result of their product (maybe a defect or just a bad product), but they refused to make it right. I refused to pay even more for what never worked well in the first place, and told them to send it back. I'd rather pay a local company with some integrity $300 than pay Sony any more money for their incompetance. I'd likely have already bought a Sony PS3, PS4 when it comes out, and possibly Sony TV(s) as well, but now I'll never trust the brand and will never purchase another Sony product again. I also tell everyone considering a computer (or any electronic product) to stay away from Sony and go on to tell them my story (my favorite place to do this is strangers viewing Sony computer's at Best Buy).
ID