Verified Reviewer

Green Chef Corporation - Bait and switch

I responded to a promotion to try Green Chef delivery. I was required to enter my payment information upfront before seeing the choices. That should have been the first clue that this would not end well. I reviewed the choices and there was not one recipe available in the choices that I liked or could have. There was not an option that I could locate on the site to cancel, only an e-mail address under contact us option. I e-mailed explaining I didn't want anything shipped or charged. The e-mail responded that I would be credited. It did not state there would be future shipments. I was credited the promotional amount I paid. However today, I receive a shipment from Green Chef. I had to google search a customer service number to reach a representative and was told the e-mail didn't specify to cancel a membership and because it is food, it can't be returned and they will not refund my money. They will only cancel future orders and my membership, which was the reason I e-mailed in the first place that I didn't want the promo or anything charged or shipped. I located my credit card and found THEY CHARGED DOUBLE THE PROMOTION PRICE for food that I am not able to eat nor like.

User's recommendation: If a company can not show you the product FIRST before you have to pay then stay away! Green Chef wants your money upfront because that is their main objective.

ID
Pros
  • Delivered to your door
Cons
  • Website not user friendly to a customer that wants to cancel
  • Bad business practices
  • Uses bait and switch practices
Loss