Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Choice Home Warranty - Not worth the money for lack of any real coverage

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.
Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.
ID

Verified Reviewer

I hold a policy with Choice Home Warranty. My first claim with them is for a faulty hot water heater.

I placed the claim and was assigned a plumbing company: True Heart Plumbing came out. They told me the H/W tank was indeed about to fail due to age and rust in the bottom of the tank. They shared they would insist the unit be replaced along with all the adjacent piping due to obvious age related failure.

I received an email from Choice Home Warranty stating they were denying the claim because it had a faulty expansion tank; which was not covered.

I was able to file a quick dispute claim. This phone conversation took place several days later.

As is expected the claims adjusted was prepared to continue denying the claim. Completely ridiculous notion that the hot water tank itself was not covered-only other parts connected to it. I explained the ONLY reason hot water tanks fail is due to age and use of the tank itself; rarely, if ever to other parts connected to it fail. I told him Choice Home Warranty should REMOVE all coverage on hot water tanks because they are deceiving the consumer when they know the tank itself is not covered.

Stay away from this company. Their MO is clear: Deny all claims as a default strategy.

Then push back on all dispute claims as well. They should be class action law sued or at the very least have the US Government file fraud claims against them until they are pushed out of existence.

User's recommendation: DO NOT waste your money on this FAKE Home Owners Warranty. I wasted over $1200 for two years and received 0 back on first fully legitimate claim.

Verified Reviewer

Triad Transmission follow up from 2012

My 2005 Buick Rendevous trans was rebuilt by Triad Transmission.4 service visits and 7 weeks in their shop. They now refuse to honor the warranty. Today, June 26, 2012 I took my Buick Rendevous back for a warranty service call for the 4th time. After Triad rebuilt the entire transmission the EXACT same slipping symptoms occur today. My car has spent over 7 (unnattended) weeks at this shop. The owner, James asked me to bring it back again today to try and resolve it again. When I arrived there, I asked him to look at the greasy hand and boot damage to my carpets and both visors. When I did this he handed my key back to me and said "I am done with your car. We are not going to do anymore work" I was floored! I told him he had an obligation under his 18 month warranty to fix my transmission. He just replied "Not anymore".I am out 0ver $1400 for the initial repair, 4-90 mile round trip warranty drives and 4 days off work. I also rented 3 cars while my Buick was in his shop. Additionally, James refused ANY responsibility for my consequential costs due to their inability to repair my transmission (which he intially described as as typical soft parts rebuild). I am forced to hire another transmission shop to rebuild it properly and absorb the costs to pursue a judgement against them to recover my losses.Stay away from these guys. Numerous people have responded to my craigslist ads about them; same rip off stories; no credit cards taken; only cashiers checks or cash.
#2003045

Did you file judgment and did you get reimbursed?

#2024229
@Zurie

Never received anything. Stay away from these crooks. They are still in business

View more comments (1)