Verified Reviewer

Lowes - Credit Card

No matter what the promotional offer DO NOT APPLY FOR A LOWE'S CREDIT CARD!!! I opened a Lowe's CC because it offered a low APR, bought thousands $$$$ in home appliances as well as a new roof, made every single payment on time and well above the Min/monthly requirement, but then when my balance was down to just under $1500.00 I was charged an interest fee of $1300.00 That's right $1300.0 0!!! The promotional APR ended and LOWE'S retroactively applied interest beginning from day 1 to two earlier charges of roughly $2000.00. DON'T BE A FOOL like me and NEVER APPLY FOR LOWE'S CREDIT. The Credit Card customer service was extremely unprofessional, indifferent, and unwilling to entertain any type of resolution. I immediately paid off the CC and closed the account. I will NEVER SHOP AT LOWE'S AGAIN.

User's recommendation: Avoid LOWE'S at all costs !!!

You didn't pay off the balances and had deferred interest. That how almost all store cards work.

@Anonymous

Obviously!! My warning to consumers is to not be lured in by promotional offers. As big as LOWE'S is they really don't need to prey on their consumers.

View more comments (1)
ID
Clearwater, Florida
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Pros
  • Initial low apr
Cons
  • Very bad customer service
  • Unwillingness to be flexible
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution