Rosen Hyundai of Algonquin - Was given inaccurate information and now no one will stand by what we were told!!!

Update by user Apr 16, 2021

They never even tried to correct anything!!! Terrible company.

We just paid off the loan to not have to deal with them any longer. Had the car for less than a month.

Very poor cs and salesman and finance lied. BE AWARE!!!!

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2021
We purchased a car in Feb of 2021. We wanted to pay cash but were told to take out financing for one month to get an additional rebate of $1,000 - We asked the salesman if we could then pay the balance off with a credit card the next month. He told us yes and said it was a great idea to get the points that amount would give on the credit card. I paid the 1st month via auto pay - received a confirmation. About a week later received an email saying it didn't go thru. Had a long conversation with CS and they said I had put in too many characters for the bank account # for it to be processed and charged me a $26+ late fee. I went on the site to redo auto pay and THEIR system adds a digit to my account #. Tried it 5 times - same result. Called back and wanted to pay the entire balance off on the credit card as we were told by Rosen Hyundai in Algonquin. I was transferred a number of times - spent about 20 minutes and was transferred to Western Union (gods knows where). I verified with him that they could take a credit card for Hyundai Finance BUT the max was $1000. That would mean I would have to make at least 25 different charges on the card giving the info over and over again to who knows who. CRAZY!!! Called Hyundia in Algonquin and was told that they can't accept credit card payments even at the dealership!!!! and whoever, told us that was wrong. No resolution - just to go back to Hyundai Finance who is messed up as it is???? I actually love the car thus far BUT would warn to STAY AWAY FROM ROSEN HYUNDAI IN ALGONQUIN. They do not stand by what they say!!!! NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!!!

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM ROSEN HYUNDAI IN ALGONQUIN NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORD!!!!

Cary, Illinois

UNFORTUNATELY, I BELIEVE SEARS IS GETTING WORSE. POOR PRODUCT QUALITY AND TERRIBLE CS:(

PURCHASE A VERY EXPENSIVE KENMORE DISHWASHER FROM SEARS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. LUCKILY WE TOOK OUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. THUS FAR WE HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A WORKING DISHWASHER FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY HOURS HAVE BEEN SPENT TRYING TO RESOLVE ISSUES WITH CS. APPARENTLY, NO ONE DEPT. TALKS OR EVEN HAS ACCESS TO INFO IN OTHER DEPARTMENTS. I'VE TRIED TO GET A SUPERVISOR ON MANY CALLS AND WAS TOLD THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY. ALL THE MESS UPS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE ARE TOO DETAILED TO LIST. HOWEVER, THE TOPPERS WAS CALLING CORPORATE TODAY A VERY ABRUPT RECEPTIONIST 1st SENT ME BACK TO THE PEOPLE IN REPAIR AND SERVICE I HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN DEALING WITH - WHEN I CALLED CORPORATE BACK AGAIN - AGAIN ABRUPTLY TRANSFERRED TO VOICE MAIL. WE'LL SEE HOW LONG OR IF ANYONE CALLS ME BACK. MY ADVISE WOULD BE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!!!!!
ID
#662029 Review #662029 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Kenmore Dishwasher
Reason of review
MOST OF THE ABOVE
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Sears - Terrible all the way thru!!!!!

I ordered a comforter "set" in August. Received only the comforter and the shams - no sheets or pillow cases. Called CS and explained the above - thought it was easy enough to understand - said if they were able to send me the MISSING items from the set - ITEM ORDERED WAS A ONE BOX ITEM but came from China (also actual item looked nothing like website picture). Anyway, if they could not - I wanted to return to the store for credit. Didn't hear anything for a few days - Called again - said they were putting a tracer on my order. Explained again to CS that I received the order but it was missing pieces. Still wasn't clear enough for them. I called again a few days later - said I needed to return item to the store for full credit. Was on hold for a long time - finally got a supervisor who I thought got it. She gave me a sales check # and told me to return to Sears and they would credit. Went to Sears - the store personnel was helpful - the man tried everything but couldn't get the info to come up on his system. I think I was in the store for about 50 minutes. Called CS again. Explained the latest situation - no one got back to me. Called again and again - come early Oct. I finally got someone to issued a credit - give me a return label to send items back. I returned the items - received a confirmation of the return and watched for the credit. Next I received a bill saying I was being charged $25 late fee for not paying my bill. Didn't receive bill and credit should have off set anyway. Called again - another CS - said he would waive the late fee and have the credit issued - I told him I had POD but he never said to forward a copy - I gave him the #s for tracking - date delivered and signature of receiver. 12/12/14 received a letter saying they have been unable to find my return and I have 10 days to contact them or the matter will be closed. Just keeps getting better and better - I looked at the attachment and they have a store receipt from K-Mart attached (which doesn't show the purchase I made from the Sears website a good MONTH BEFORE the K-Mart IN-STORE RECEIPT they have attached to the letter). Surprise!! I called again - explained the whole idiotic situation again - 12/17 resent all the info - PODs and all correspondence to e-mail I was given of searsbillingdisputes@***.com. I even requested and received and read receipt. No response - called no response - resent all info 12/26 - no response - called today 1/5/15 and was told that the dispute department was busy and no one would be able to get back to me for about 72 hours??? I have cancelled my Sears cards and am waiting for SOMEONE with a brain to resolve this VERY SIMPLE issue - wonder if anyone a Sears CS fits that criteria:(!!!!
Cary, Illinois
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Home Depot - Military Discount not honored at Homedepot.comrently decided that DISABLED VETS shouldn't be able to take advantage of their 10% vet discount

Apparently, Home Depot has decided that our DISABLED VETS should not be able to receive the 10% vet discount for on line purchases. THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG. In my mind that is saying that if you can get to the store you can get the discount but if not, too bad you aren't eligible??? AGAIN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG. I think they really need to re-think this. Bad enough that they don't publish the fact that they even offer the discount. Does it seem to anyone else that this doesn't seem like a heart felt gesture to begin with? NOW they are makint it even worse by withdrawing the offer to DISABLED VETS - shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY to verify eligibility for an online purchase. Suck it up and go to the store and just be glad they offer one in the first place.

Cicero, Illinois
Luna Flooring's reply to:

Luna Flooring - LUNA IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH

We’re disappointed to learn of the issues you’ve been experiencing with your product. We can assure you that we take your concerns very seriously, and we would like to discuss the situation with you in more detail. Unfortunately, we are not able to locate your account with the information posted here. Please email your information to care@luna.com, and we will follow up with you to discuss your concerns with your product and the inspection. Thank you, Luna Customer Support
Loss

We had a floor installed 5/23/13 and it is now buckling all over the place - air pockets at least 2 feet high!! We had the flooring installed for our 92 yr old mother.

She now is in serious danger of hurting her self trying traverse this MESS. I called CS a number of times and was hung up on twice when I complained about being left on hold for over 17 minutes with no one coming back to keep me advising of status. Have been told by now VERY RUDE CS that someone would call me back - when no one did I called again and was told by another CS that they don't call people back?? Good way to do business.

To date, still have not received a return call. Will make sure to tell everyone I know about the TERRIBLE SERVICE AT LUNA and to let everyone they know as well NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

I am now going to contact a lawyer to see what we can do from here.

Same with us - the floor is buckling and it took 2 calls to customer service to get possibly an installer out to determine if it is installer issue or if it is due to something else...it could take 3-5 days to find out what the issue is. 3-5 days??

Can't you figure it out on the spot??? What else could it be since we didn't install it nor did we do any construction or remodeling by the area the floor is buckling/bubbling. It will be interesting to see if in fact it is installer issue or not...stay tuned. Somehow I don't see them taking any responsibility for their actions.

I am hoping they prove me wrong.

:?