Verified Reviewer

Norwegian Air Shuttle Asa - Canceled flights, can't get a refund

Update by user Apr 27, 2020

Got an email from Norwegian airlines on 3-28-2020, that they were looking into this issue. I have followed up twice with emails asking how this was going.

I have heard nothing from them on these follow ups. My daughter sent requests for refunds three times hearing they were going to do nothing as this was beyond their control. I repeat they canceled out flight returning from England. Had we taken this trip my daughter and I would have been stuck in a foreign country with no way to return home to the United States!

They own us at the minimum of half our $$ for this trip. I also had a trip to New York scheduled in early May that got canceled by Southwest Airlines and got a full refund from this airline no problem. So please people who are going to look for trips to Europe when this is possible DON’T ever think about Norwegian airlines. Their customer service is a big 0.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated. As two single mothers who saved years to afford this trip it is a huge hit to take.

Update by user Mar 28, 2020

Have an email stating a refund would be forthcoming after I paid the additional $350 charge for cance!ling

Original review posted by user Mar 28, 2020
Canceled plans tickets from Orlando, Fl . To London England due to corona virus. Was told a refund would follow after they charged me $350. to cancel. I agreed, as a part refund was better than nothing. Norwegian then cancelled the flight home, because England was in lockdown. Well they charged my account $359. And still no refund. It's been 3 weeks of my calling sometimes for hours before anyone answers the phone. Called my bank and got a hold on the $359. And now they call and say take that off and we will charge you $350. Then issue you a refund for that amount, then issue a credit for the flights. Can get no satisfaction, or answers about why a refund was not issued for at least half the trip, as they canceled the return flight.

User's recommendation: Never travel with them.

ID
Service
Norwegian Air Shuttle Asa Baggage Policy
Pros
  • Prices are good
Cons
  • Any kind of customer service is terrible
Loss