State Farm Insurance - State Farm and the State of Michigan!

What an outrage! No fault insurance in Michigan allows insurance companies to rip their citizens off! State Farm in my opinion is number 1 in the field of thieves! I was hit head on Dec. 23rd, 2005, my law group Lee Steinberg & Associates told me I have life coverage for my injuries. What they did not tell me is how hard it was to get your benefits after your 3 years is up! My primary Dr. now tells me I need a wheelchair but the catch is you have to find a company willing to just bill the auto insurer instead of arguing the law with their patronage, like Write & Fillipie out of Gaylord Michigan! Unless you somehow have the cash to buy it outright and some how get State Farm to reimburse you later. I wish someone would set up a free legal service to stop this awful criminal activity that Michigan allows! If your insurance in Michigan is State Farm, you better drop them and find a more trust worthy insurer. Don't wait to find out after you have been in a car accident. Oh and by the way....I was 0% at fault and was hit head on at a high rate of speed by the at fault driver, I was only doing 35. If you are going through this yourself, file a complaint with the Michigan Insurance Commission.

I am suing State Farm right now! After being run over by a Car in 2006 State Farm sent me to their IME Dr.

Jeffery Meddledorf (sic) who lied in his reports claiming I told him I had a "history of ankle arthritis" when in fact I was recording the entire IME and as soon as I informed State Farm their hired gun was a liar they demanded I turn over a copy of the recorded IME and then placed me on a "do not call" list where I was made to put everything in writing opposed to calling them to discuss my concerns. I was busted up badly from this accident and went through multiple surgical procedures which they paid for until they reached the $400.000.00 limits and the MCF fund kicked in. Thats when they stopped paying for anything and now I am suing them. They are paying thousands for Private Investigators to harass my neigbors, family, freinds, etc, but can't pay their bills and their Private Investigator has been factually lying to them.

For example, the PI has trasspassed on my private property by his own written reports. He took photographs of the inside of my home and gurage which was closed. He lied to State Farm claiming my Power Operated Vehicle (POV) was being stored in my back yard under a "yellow tarp" when in fact I NEVER stored my POV outside when I own a gurage and never owned any Yellow Tarp. So their PI is feeding them a line of bull to get more blocks of assignments to turn up absloutely nothing!

State Farm went so far as to call Social Security and lied to them claiming I was collecting wage loss, social security, and working in a Thrift Store I owned when State Farm knew very well the "wage Loss" payments they we making were being paid to employees who had to take my place running the store while I was healing so now State Farm is looking at a Tort Action independant of the No-Fault medical suit because after State Farm called Social Security with a pack of lies the federal law enforcement arm of the Social Security Administration raided my tiny thrift store in Capac, Michgian and seized all my computers and busienss records like I was a terrorist and I had to borrow $5000.00 to hire a criminal lawyer to deal with social security, and after the raid sales dropped to nothing forcing me out of busienss. So now I have no medical insurance, no social security, no busienss, and I am forced to rent my own home out and live with my dad while I sue the *** out of State Farm!

Obviously the person who responded to Moondog in allied with State Farm. I ditto this same unfortunate experience with State Farm in New York, as I suppose many other state residents can affirm. State Farm is a CRIMINAL organization in all states, and it is all of the states that do not protect consumers, and force us to purchase these fraudulent, worthless, cesspool policies, and then be harassed to death just to utilize them.

If the complaint you have is against insurance legislation in the state of Michigan, you shouldn't blame State Farm (or any other insurance company for that matter).

View more comments (3)
Service
State Farm Insurance Auto Insurance
Loss

State Farm Insurance - Michigan's No Fault Laws!

Back in 2005 I was hit head on by a driver in a SUV. I almost died! Now my legs are slowly getting weaker and weaker. From what Lee Stienberg and ***. said, State Farm is suppose to be responsable for medical from the accident for life. I need a wheelchair, they know they do not have to pay for 1 until someone believes State Farm has to pay for it. If State Farm denies it....They can be taken to court and be made to pay by the court. But until someone says here ya go, enjoy the wheelchair, as if anyone does, I have to go without! Thank you Michigan!

sorry to hear in realality issurance company find it cheaper to deny and fight all claims in court then to pay every one

Loss

Why does Dish Network Not know they have to follow the law?

October 10th, 2008 my mother and her other half had Dish Network install 1 of their systems cause they advertise FREE standard installation and other benefits of contracting with them. Dish did not install for free nor did they only charge 24.99 for the second 12 months nor did they only charge 9.95 for 3 months. Dish failed to abide by their own contract from the start! Now they are steeling from a 74 year old man's credit card account! I just hope that Dish Network reads this so I can allow them to know that I am going to show them how important it is to abide by a contract, especially if you are the one making the contract! Dish Network.....Get ready for the unemployment line, your days of steeling are over, I have you on 15 different MCL violations and consumer protection violations to boot. The Michigan Attorney General is going to have fun making press with your companies name. Say good by to all the other customers... If anyone else is interested in sending the Michigan Attorney General a class action complaint, let me know, moondog_67_2000@***.com

Hey Alicia - that was a nice and not so timely response to Moondog...over two years after his post! I guess DISH has it's minions out trolling the web to try and calm the storm of unhappy customers...too little too late as usual.

Too bad you can't back date your helpful post...bet the IT people over there are still working on that though... By the way - did you see your customer service rating is still behind DirecTV...I'm sure that's no surprise to you though.

Sure, you have fees this and thats. Spell them out better.

Your installers are charging even though you claim free standard installation. If your company provides the installer than you should abide by your contract.

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, most of them will have an activation fee. This fee is not charged or by DISH Network and we do not receive that payment. When you sign up for DISH Network we require a card on file for the contract and equipment only, you can elect to sign up to have payments removed from your account, but this is by your request only. Some of our promotions require auto pay and this may have been why you set up. The card does have to be provided by the card holder. If you are in a contract and choose to cancel services early the cancel fee would be enforced. The return shipping cost would be your responsibility however we do provide pre addressed labels from UPS at a discounted rate of $15.00 that you can elect to use, but are not required to. If you have any other questions regarding charges please let us know. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at alicia.brink@***.com.

Alicia Brink

DISH Network

Alicia.Brink@***.com

View more comments (2)
Service
Dish Network Installation

Nextel - What does a person have to do to proove themselves as loyal customers?

We are patrons of NEXTEL which is for a bit longer a division of Sprint. Seems there are some legal issues that is making Sprint have to seel Nextel. Anyhow, we have been with NEXTEL for almost 4 years straight and have been happy with them for that amount of time excluding the present time in question. We want to get newer phones cause our now 3 almost 4 year old phones are getting kind of well worn. The other, if you know us and call my phone, is now tumbling down the Pigeon river of Michigan. We purchased the i776s and had to pay almost 200 bucks even though we were LOYAL and did not miss on payments. Just our credit score from an accident not of our fault has screwed our credit up a because of the insurance company not keeping up with the medical bills. Well the phones (i776 by Motorola) is junk as far as I am concerned. It's software isn't backed up by enough resources to allow the phone to keep signal strength. We returned them and went back to the old phones while losing out on almost 50 bucks for number transfer and the charge for activation of the new phones that didn't work as good as the old ones. Someone please tell me, how the he double hockey sticks are we to get good service and be rewarded for LOYAL patronage?

There are so many consumers out there, they do not need "GOOD or LOYAL" consumers anymore. Until there is a mass revolt against these super companies they will continue to thrive.

I can say that I do agree with you about Nextel.

I was a customer for @10 years, never missed a payment and toward the end, after the merge with SPRINT, they sucked. I got rid of my cell altogether and enjoy the freemdom.

Sears - Won't back their warranty

Once again, I bent over backwards to try and be cooperative to Sears and was once again given the shaft. I have a snow thrower of theirs that was swapped out because they wouldnt back their agreement with me from another snow thrower and I had to go to the Michigan A.G. to which helped alot. They say, "since I helped my future father inlaw out while he was in the hospital", that I was using my snow thrower "commercially" and that voids my purchased warranty. Whate ever you do, DO NOT, purchase an extended warranty from sears! They will only stomp on your sense of morality!

Sears Craftsmen Snow Throwers

In 2006 I purchased a 10.5 horse Craftmen Snow Thrower, along with this purchase, I purchased an extended warrantee as well. It was suppose to cover belts and spark plugs and so on. It basically fell apart in it's first true winter. I had to go through the MI attorney general to get Sears to stick by their warranty, so they gave me a new snow thrower of equal or better quality. Now this new 1 blew a belt in it's first winter, no the extended warranty will only cover the belt if they have a technician do it and they are 3 days out before even scheduling it to be fixed. The morel of the story, don't waste your time with Sears and their so called extended warranty.