Discount Car and Truck Rentals - Rental car that was reserved but never provided

No car was ever provided after making a reservation and then waiting 7 hours past the time I had reserved it. I made a reservation for a rental car about 2 weeks before I needed it. I was to pick it up a 7:30 am for a long trip to Boston to see my sister (10 hour drive). On the day before my trip, I get a call from Discount saying their computers had been down and they never got the reservation but they will try to have a car by noon of the next day (4.5 hours later than I had requested). I said I would be patient but please call as soon as one comes in. At noon, they said probably 2 pm (6.5 hours later than I was supposed to leave). I show up at 2 and they still have nothing. This is where it gets really ridiculous. They locate a car at another location and offer to have me wait while they drive it to where I am. I say no, I've waited long enough. I go to the other location and they ask to see my insurance policy for my car. I inform them I don't usually carry this document but I am sure rentals are on said policy. They say they have to see it so I can WAIT while the insurance company faxes it over or PAY 19.99 for their insurance! I left in tears. Went to the airport and was in a rental car from National in 10 minutes. The real shame is I was going to see my sister who I haven't seen in 3 years. I had 3 and a half days to spend with her and because of Discount, I lost half a precious day. That is the real crime here and nothing can compensate for that.
ID