Icelandair - Covid-19 holding customer's money

We were to fly to Gatwick from Vancouver (Canada) mid May, however Canada put out an advisory weeks before the flight. The flight was, as well, cancelled about 2 weeks before departure by Icelandair. The airline refused to give us our money back offering instead a voucher. The voucher is only worth the original cost,,,while the cost (for the same flight specifics) has actually doubled. We want our money back!

User's recommendation: Be extremely careful dealing with this company.

You might do a couple of things: do a web search for others who have the same problem. Use terms such as Icelandair no refund, etc. Also find the government agency's website that regulate air travel and see if they have any similar complaints or info regarding this issue, even tho Icelandair uses modern jets and not the single prop jobs found in Canada.

ID
#1990584 Review #1990584 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Icelandair Flight Booking

Verified Reviewer

Ryanair - Refusal to deal with Cononavirus issue (stealing $$$)

Update by user Jun 12, 2020

Ryanair speaks from both sides of their mouth. Talking about a refund but still suggesting a voucher (with limitations rendering it useless). Meanwhile giving me nothing (but grief).

Original review posted by user May 13, 2020
Booked a flight from Gatwick to Dublin (long before Covid-19 restrictions). Once Covid-19 became an issue, my country (Canada) advised (advisory) all Canadians to stay IN Canada. I though perhaps Ryanair would offer later flight/voucher...refund etc etc. NOTHING!! They can't even be contacted....even with their "threat" of charging the customer phone air time if you try to contact them (forget Chat.....email NOTHING)

User's recommendation: Don't let Ryan air near your wallet!!!!!!!!!!

ID
#1923549 Review #1923549 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ryanair Flight Booking
Cons
  • Worst company ever
  • No service
Let the company propose a solution

Central Station Inn - Coronavirus scam

Update by user May 25, 2020

May 25....3 days after my reservation date I get an email..... re "no show" (laughable, as all bookings by non Italian nationals are no-shows).

That said Booking.com reached out about a possible refund. Waiting to see this. Central Station Inn??

NOTHING. A place people should avoid.

Original review posted by user Apr 25, 2020
Booked this place (at Rome's CIA airport) BEFORE the Covid crisis. Between them and Booking.com I was played around (each saying the other might help with refund-voucher etc...probably laughing at my naivety). Now they won't even tale my calls..email. SCAMMERS, so beware.

User's recommendation: DONT THROW YOUR $$ AWAY!!

Central Station Inn Customer Care
Cons
  • Criminals
Let the company propose a solution

Booking - Refuse to refund during coronavirus shutdown

I booked a hotel room near Rome, but with the Coronavirus event I can't get into the area. Booking.com is keeping my payment. Well!! 2 months onward Booking.com refunded my money. I still have issues with the length of time, however give credit where credit is due (I suppose). Thank You Booking.com.

User's recommendation: stay away from Booking.com a rip-off company!!

Full refund