Moodys Jewlery - Ms

It's been awhile, but I went in to have my grandmother's sapphire ring resized for me, after years of buying from this store @ 11th and Harvard. They told me it was a VERY nice REAL sapphire, and I allowed them to 'clean' it also, since they wanted to so bad. Couple hours later I get a call saying it wasn't really a real sapphire, what did I want them to do? I told them don't touch it, I'd be right down. They told me it was already too late- they had cleaned it, had to re-do the prongs that held the "sapphire" becase they were "too small." When I picked up the ring they had to "offer" me, it was firstly, an absolutely HIDEOUS job of jewelery! Not only was the work itself so very sub-par, they had REPLACED my grandmother's stone with one that was at LEAST THREE TIMES AS BIG, and was SO light in color(mine was VERY very dark blue), that it couldn't even be identified as a "sapphire." They tried to tell me that it just "looked" bigger and lighter since they had done their work on it. Absolutely STOLE my irreplaceable family heirloom, MISLEAD me, FAILED to follow my instruction and had the audacity to CHARGE me for stealing my inheritance! The WORTHLESS piece of trash that they turned my valuable heirloom into now sits in the bottom of a drawer, never to be slightly interesting again. My husband bought from their store yearly; I told him to NEVER, EVER give these charletains another penny and to tell everyone he knows who might actually VALUE their jewelry. We also have never dealt with their other stores after this experience and never intend to. Jewelers are a dime a dozen and we have found very good service at a NUMBER of OTHER businesses. While we will NEVER deal with them again, I feel it is only the right thing to do, to warn other potential consumers of their shady theivery. You can DO BETTER ANYWHERE!
ID